“Ideal location, great staff.”

Loews Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #19 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband whilst attending a conference in LA.
Great location, few steps away from walk of fame, Dolby theatre and Chinese theatre and 2 minutes walk from metro station.
The staff are so helpful here, v polite and nothing is too much trouble. When we checked in I asked if our room had a view is the Hollywood sign and as it didn't, they moved us straight away.
The room was huge with 2 king size beds! Coffee making facilities, sky tv. No free wifi though.
The outdoor pool is lovely with bar service pool side.
This hotel is expensive but you're paying for what you get. Great service, comfortable room and fabulous location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Lilmisspurple

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for my travel in LA. It gave me a good feelings, the staff are nice, the room are nice and the location is really convenient. The best thing is there is a corridor linkage between the hotel and the mall next to it!!
The view are good too, we can see the Hollywood log from our room, also they have gave us enought room key according to the number of people stayed.
Last but not least, all the staff are really nice, they provided stunning service to us, once they saw our heavy laguage, they immediately help us which gave me an unforgettable service!!
If I travel to LA again, I must stay in this hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jccccc
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights for a meeting downtown. Good clean hotel. Decoration a bit dated but OK. Good rate on Expedia. Easy connection to downtown by subway. Also very convenient to entertainment, shopping - next door to Grunmans Chinese theatre. Bottom line - I was very satisfied

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was my first time in LA and being based on the corner of Hollywood and Highland was an ideal spot. We were given a high floor overlooking the Hollywood sign.
The metro was a few metres away and we rode this one stop to Universal STudios - so easy
The Chinese Theatre is full of characters and I would defintely stay here again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JulieBSydneyAUS
Reviewed November 6, 2012

They have the greatest service. we arrive around 1am and our charter put our luggage at the side and the big bodyguard door man help me carried my super huge luggage like its nothing. lol.
they have a wonderful staff, it was close to the hollywood, vending machine to grab some water, bathroom was a bit old. room was huge and fantastic.

breakfast was not much, but they was generous with the berries and give you a free smoothie.
the staff was amazing as well
make sure to check your bills before you're out, they doubled my room charges at that time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank beautifulmatters
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is always our hotel of choice when staying in LA for location and service. Since the rebrand from Renaissance to Loews, the service standard is still high, as is the room quality. Comfy robes, clean rooms, great coffee making facilities, and helpful concierge and valet parking attendants!
This is the best place to stay in Hollywood - staff are friendly and welcoming. Only drawback is the expensive internet in the business centre etc. It's easier to pop to starbucks across the road and use the free internet there.
Overall thoroughly recommended hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kabir13
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've spent 4 nights at Loews in early September for a family friend's wedding. Had two rooms - one facing the pool and one facing Hollywood sign.

The location of this hotel in LA is unbeatable - connected to great shopping, Walk of Fame, Kodak theater, etc. The pool area is very nice - there were enough lounge chairs and umbrellas, there is a cafe right by the pool with good drinks and snacks, and it wasn't over-crowded. My parents' room had an amazing view of the Hollywood sign.

In both rooms we could hear people in the adjacent rooms, as well as hotel staff in the halls. In my room, because it was facing the mall which has a night-club, I could hear the club-goers well into the morning. So not impressed with sound isolation.

I was not overly impressed by the service in the hotel. My earlier request for a high floor room with the view of the Hollywood sign was ignored. There was a giant stain on the carpet by the bed, that was also not cleaned out. Two of the days my room was not cleaned. Every time i ordered room service for breakfast, I asked for boiled water for tea (not just heated slightly) - I only received actual boiled water once. Paid wi-fi internet in the room had a very spotty connection. This is the first hotel I've stayed in that did not have free internet in the lobby.

One thing to keep in mind is that the traffic around Hollywood Bowl, which the hotel is very close to, gets ridiculous even for LA when they have events on. The parking adjacent to the hotel also gets very busy and takes long to get out of. So you haver to budget your time accordingly.

Overall, it was a pleasant and convenient stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and a view of the Hollywood sign. This will also give you a room that is less n...