“Great location and service--we'll stay there again.”

Loews Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #18 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great location and service--we'll stay there again.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We were on a tight but fun schedule our first night and had an issue with the room we were given....I would've changed rooms, but we just didn't have time. When I was finally able to explain to Loews, they took great care of us.
The hotel itself was great--best location in Hollywood for the Bowl and other locations. We loved the modern room design and will definitely be back...and based on our experience with management, we will be looking to stay at other Loews properties.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (758)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Our family stayed in a junior suite for 3 nights and we had a terrific time. We found all the staff very helpful and friendly. The pool was nice and at a comfortable temperature. Great position in the middle of Hollywood.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lovegoodadvice
Gulf Beaches, Florida
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was in Hollywood for 4 nitghts while attending the Boutique Lifestyle and Lodging Association symposium. The property is beautiful and connected to the Dolby Theater and shopping mall. I received polite attentive service from the moment that I drove onto the property. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. Nice furniture, large flat screen, ample desk space, in room coffee and comfortable beds. The gym seemed a little small for this property but I never had to wait for an elliptical. The public spaces were very nice with plenty of room to meet with clients and colleagues. I received excellent service in the lounge area which also had a full service menu. If you need a central Hollywood location this is an excellent choice. Safe travels!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Toad727
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights in mid October.  I previously had stayed at this hotel 5 or 6 times when it was called the Renaissance.  Generally the hotel looks the same and staff are still friendly and polite.  I checked in late and while I had booked a room with a king size bed was told they only had rooms with 2 double beds,  I don't know why as the purpose of a reservation and credit card on file is to hold the room.  They offered to give me the room the following day but I would have to pack up in the morning, drop off my bags with the bellhop and come back later In the afternoon to get a new room.  Not worth the hassle.
The room I had was pretty clean and the cleaning staff did a good job cleaning each day too.  When I checked in there was some dark women's hair on the white bathroom floor but it was cleaned after my first night when they did the intermediate cleaning.  The bathrooms also have a very thin and cheap shower curtain and doesn't properly spread across the entire shower/tub length.   On my first night i found the shower curtain flying around soi pointed the shower head against the curtain which worked except the bathroom flooded halfway across the bathroom floor.  The next day i pointed the shower head against the tiled wall and with the curtain flapping water still got out on the bathroom floor but no where near as bad - just enough that the towel they give you for the floor was soaked thru.  My room was also spacious and had a good view of both downtown and the Hollywood sign which was nice.  The only other issue I experienced was my room key stopped working on my second day and I had to return to the lobby for them to reprogram.  Overall it's a very nice 4 star with a great location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Check in was fast and efficient. Only area that let them down was the valet staff out the front of the hotel. We had to grapple with our own bags with no offers help.

Rooms were a lovely size and spotlessly clean. Beds were super comfortable. Room service menu was very limited for families, but there are lots of eating places nearby. The room service menu was so "trendy" that my daughter just couldn't find anything that she would eat. Families need a few plain choices please.

Location is perfect if you want to do the Hollywood walk of fame etc. Lots of great shopping nearby. I would be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank adelmum
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel is in the heart of Hollywood next to the walk of fame and Kodak theater etc. It is a very modern and beautiful hotel. They have great service and a friendly staff. At check in the young lady was very nice and professional. I gave her a $20 tip and asked her if she could either give me a nice view or a bigger room. She gave me a very nice room on the 20th floor with a fantastic city view. The room was a few doors away from the elevator I slept great no noise.( I truely believe if you want the front desk agent to take care of you need to take care of them. I hate when I check people in and they are so pushy and cheap just trying to get something for nothing.) The rooms were modern, clean, and spacious. All the staff I encountered where very nice, helpful, and professional. They have happy hour and a piano bar. I love the fact that the hotel is attached to a mall with great shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Tip your front desk agent. They will take care of you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Liza A
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Bed bugs! Bed bugs! Bed bugs and duty manager DANIEL SORIANO the rudest manager I have ever met!! Very poor service hotel!!! I was bitten by bed bugs have medical records and photos to prove! I was bitten on my first night stay but didn't complain because I only have one bite! The second night I woke up at 3am approximately and saw several bites on my arms and the bed bug crawling on to my pillow! Disgusting! I rang the reception and they sent security to get rid of the bugs and they transferred me to a new room. I asked them to steam my luggage but to my horror they put my luggage back to my hotel room that morning and when I remembered that I have padlocked I rang them and ask them to steam it again they even said to me that they only steamed the outside of the luggage because they are trying to contact me through hotel phone and I wasn't responding well its probably because I was dead tired of waking up at 3am??? But what a negligence! They have should not put back that luggage and waited until it has been thoroughly steamed! I was not happy and ask for the manager! Daniel soriano returned my call at 8pm I asked him that my luggage and the bed I'm sleeping into be steamed again and he refused! I was so unhappy and I said to give me money back and I'm getting out of this hotel! He even said to me that I should have gone to the hospital before I make demands to prove that it really is a bed bug that bit me! Even if i caught the bug and my arms swollen! So at 9:45 I'm off to the hospital! By 11:15 pm I'm back at the hotel with my medical evidence that its really a bed bug that feast on me!!! He then told me that I am no longer a guest and should vacate the hotel I asked him if I can stay at least for the night until I reach my relatives on the phone and he said they can not offer that service to me! He is kicking me out of the hotel even if I have paid 8nights stay in full and I have not been refunded! And he insisted that it was my decision that I am gettin out! He gave me a very hard time an even charged me two night and he said that I should claim with hotels.com because that where I booked my stay! So I was bitten by a bug, my holiday ruined, paid a fortune for the hotel with great discomfort because of the bites and now this manager is kicking me out of their hotel at midnight in hollywood??? So by exactly 12 midnight I was out of the hotel with my two luggage figuring out where to go!! What a bad an horrible experience in hollywood this hotel has given me!! The bites are gone but the humiliation I experience will never be forgotten!! I will never ever recommend this hotel even in my next life time!!

• Stayed September 2012
46 Thank isadore m
Sean S, Manager at Loews Hollywood Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Loews Hollywood Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and also taking the time to correspond with me about your experience previously. I am very glad to read you have recovered and obviously very concerned about your comments. Our hotel does have an aggressive pest prevention process and we do take your incident seriously. Fortunately, our pest control contractor found no activity in the room you were originally assigned to. Although we did not find any activity we still treated the room as well as the surrounding rooms as a precaution.

Warm regards,