“Fantastic hotel and staff”

Loews Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #19 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel is in the heart of Hollywood next to the walk of fame and Kodak theater etc. It is a very modern and beautiful hotel. They have great service and a friendly staff. At check in the young lady was very nice and professional. I gave her a $20 tip and asked her if she could either give me a nice view or a bigger room. She gave me a very nice room on the 20th floor with a fantastic city view. The room was a few doors away from the elevator I slept great no noise.( I truely believe if you want the front desk agent to take care of you need to take care of them. I hate when I check people in and they are so pushy and cheap just trying to get something for nothing.) The rooms were modern, clean, and spacious. All the staff I encountered where very nice, helpful, and professional. They have happy hour and a piano bar. I love the fact that the hotel is attached to a mall with great shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Tip your front desk agent. They will take care of you.
1  Thank Liza A

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Bed bugs! Bed bugs! Bed bugs and duty manager DANIEL SORIANO the rudest manager I have ever met!! Very poor service hotel!!! I was bitten by bed bugs have medical records and photos to prove! I was bitten on my first night stay but didn't complain because I only have one bite! The second night I woke up at 3am approximately and saw several bites on my arms and the bed bug crawling on to my pillow! Disgusting! I rang the reception and they sent security to get rid of the bugs and they transferred me to a new room. I asked them to steam my luggage but to my horror they put my luggage back to my hotel room that morning and when I remembered that I have padlocked I rang them and ask them to steam it again they even said to me that they only steamed the outside of the luggage because they are trying to contact me through hotel phone and I wasn't responding well its probably because I was dead tired of waking up at 3am??? But what a negligence! They have should not put back that luggage and waited until it has been thoroughly steamed! I was not happy and ask for the manager! Daniel soriano returned my call at 8pm I asked him that my luggage and the bed I'm sleeping into be steamed again and he refused! I was so unhappy and I said to give me money back and I'm getting out of this hotel! He even said to me that I should have gone to the hospital before I make demands to prove that it really is a bed bug that bit me! Even if i caught the bug and my arms swollen! So at 9:45 I'm off to the hospital! By 11:15 pm I'm back at the hotel with my medical evidence that its really a bed bug that feast on me!!! He then told me that I am no longer a guest and should vacate the hotel I asked him if I can stay at least for the night until I reach my relatives on the phone and he said they can not offer that service to me! He is kicking me out of the hotel even if I have paid 8nights stay in full and I have not been refunded! And he insisted that it was my decision that I am gettin out! He gave me a very hard time an even charged me two night and he said that I should claim with hotels.com because that where I booked my stay! So I was bitten by a bug, my holiday ruined, paid a fortune for the hotel with great discomfort because of the bites and now this manager is kicking me out of their hotel at midnight in hollywood??? So by exactly 12 midnight I was out of the hotel with my two luggage figuring out where to go!! What a bad an horrible experience in hollywood this hotel has given me!! The bites are gone but the humiliation I experience will never be forgotten!! I will never ever recommend this hotel even in my next life time!!

• Stayed: September 2012
47  Thank isadore m
Sean S, Manager at Loews Hollywood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Loews Hollywood Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and also taking the time to correspond with me about your experience previously. I am very glad to read you have recovered and obviously very concerned about your comments. Our hotel does have an aggressive pest prevention process and we do take your incident seriously. Fortunately, our pest control contractor found no activity in the room you were originally assigned to. Although we did not find any activity we still treated the room as well as the surrounding rooms as a precaution.

Warm regards,

Sean Steenson
Director of Operations
Loews Hollywood Hotel

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I am writing this from the room I am staying in here now. I am in a suite on the top (20th) floor and the suite is very large, clean, and neat. However, there is a continuous loud noise from probably the motors running the air system for the entire hotel right above me. I could only sleep last night because I took a sleeping pill - otherwise the noise would have kept me awake all night long.

The view is beautiful looking south toward the city, I do not hear street noises (or only hear them faintly), the staff has been very friendly and polite, and the hotel is clean and neat.

When I checked in, there was someone playing "music"' in the lobby area, but this person (maybe persons) mistook loudness for quality. It was so loud I could hardly hear the lady trying to check me in.

So maybe in a big city like Los Angeles people become so used to loud noises that they are immune to loud noise. But I need to get a good night's sleep and I cannot do that with so much loud noise in the room.

Room Tip: The top floor will be very noisy from the motors on the roof. I do not know if a few floors lower do...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank tmaier69
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just got back from a 4 day trip to LA to see two of my kids. Stayed at the Loews Hollywood with my sister and found it to be a very nice hotel! Yes it's in Hollywood and very "touristy" but a beautiful hotel. I felt the staff was very nice from the time I walked in the door. I was told they will be renovating very soon, though I couldn't see why! Yes, it's a stones throw from Hollywood Blvd. but I enjoyed my stay! I would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great location near the Walk-of-fame, Hard Rock Café, Chinese Theatre, Madame Tussaud Wax Museum, Ripley's Believe-it-or-not, Hop-on Hop-off buses, and subway station (one stop from Universal Hollywood). I travelled with my 8 year old son and we stayed there 3 nights. The hotel was clean and modern and the pool area was pleasant. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This Loews felt different from others I've stayed at - less like a resort and kind of out of the way, despite its urban setting. You need to know where you plan to wander before you head too far afield. My room was very comfortable, with the usual issues with housekeeping that I have unfortunately come to expect anywhere these days. Food options are plentiful. Room service and dining offer very generous portions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor to avoid noise form mechanicals and better views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I booked direct with reception shortly after the hotel was taken over by Loews. They were advertising a special concierge level on the eighteenth floor with lounge, breakfast, snacks etc. As we were traveling from Europe and would be jet lagged, this seemed ideal- if anyone woke there would be a separate lounge to go to. I also requested a north facing room so that my son could see the Hollywood sign. When we checked in we found that we had been allocated an ordinary room on the south side, this despite the fact that the booking clearly showed concierge to the north. They had closed the concierge level three weeks earlier but did not bothe to inform us. We nwere offered 'free' brakfasts (which technically we had paid for in the room rate) and an upgrade to a small suite, but each morning we had to have a long discussion about the free breakfasts as reception had not communicated this properly.

The room and service was fine, but the communication was poor- they need to improve that aspect of their work.

1  Thank ScotlandBorderReiver