Loews Hollywood is a great property with wonderful service and facilities. I was here for four days attending a pubic transit conference (Rail-Volution) at the Loews without a car. Hollywood is rather tacky, but all the services you need are close by. The hotel is contemporary and stylish, and all the staff are genuinely friendly. We arrived at the hotel at 2:00A exhausted after a difficult travel day from Portland, and we were upgraded to a one room suite!
LA Metro Red Line Hollywood/Highland station is next to the hotel, giving you direct and fast access to downtown LA and other parts of LA given connections on other Metro lines.
1) Location is great with easy access to public transit. One stop on the Red Line (2 minutes) to Universal City and about 20 minutes to Union Station and downtown LA. Frequent service from Union Station to LAX via Flyaway shuttle. Many restaurants just steps away from the hotel.
2) Contemporary rooms, most likely still a holdover from the Renaissance brand. The hotel, reportedly, will be undergoing a renovation with the change to the Loews brand.
3) Very spacious fitness room well equipped with treadmills, ellipticals, recumbent and upright cycles.
4) Large outdoor infinity pool next to the fitness room perfect for laps. I would estimate the length at about 25 yards.
1) $12.95 internet charge; $38 valet parking charge
2) Very poor in-room coffee
I will definitely return to the Loews on a future trip to the LA area, especially if the Hollywood/Westwood/Universal City area is my focus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood sign. The Hills. The Academy Awards. Jimmy Kimmel Live. The Hollywood Walk of Fame. The city's major movie studios. This is the stuff a classic visit to Hollywood is made of-and a stay at Loews Hollywood Hotel puts you right in the middle of all the action. Whether it's sightseeing, business or relaxation that brings you here, our 628 guestrooms and suites are the perfect place to unwind after a day in L.A. Just outside our doors is the expansive Hollywood & Highland Center-a hive of activity where you can shop, eat, hang out or host an event at the Dolby Theatre, home of the Academy Awards, with catering by Wolfgang Puck. We count Jimmy Kimmel's studio as our neighbor and we're close to the Hollywood Hills and the Hollywood Bowl. Our recently refreshed rooms have some of the best views in the city-choose from postcard-perfect views of the Hollywood sign, the Capitol Records building or the L.A. City skyline. When you're ready for a little me time, head to our hotel's rooftop pool and deck, or to the Exhale Spa for a spa treatment or yoga class. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Odigeo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Loews Hollywood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Renaissance
- Renaissance Hollywood Hotel