“High Above Hollywood and Highland”

Loews Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #17 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle
“High Above Hollywood and Highland”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Such an excellent hotel, easily the best place that I stayed in LA. I had requested a king size bed but I arrived to find 2 full/double beds. I went back down to the lobby and let the front desk know. Nancy was super accommodating and overly apologetic. The change was made and Nancy also upgraded me to a higher floor (18th I believe). The bellman, Talat was also super helpful and friendly as we went back to retrieve my luggage and take it to the new room.

The only downside during my stay was the valet situation. I was in and out during my stay and there is no self park option. Valet was $30 something a day, which is standard for the area and hotel caliber. It was a pain to have to call down for my car, wait and then tip every time. For the # of times I left and came back, parking for one day was easily $50. Of course I could have not tipped, but that is not right!

Location is excellent for everything in the Hollywood/Highland area. Hotel is connected to the mall next door and access to the Chinese Theater and all other surrounding attractions could not be easier.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (746)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Corvallis Oregon
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Access Hollywood Blvd from the 2nd level of the hotel through the mall coming out right by Hard Rock Hollywood. The location is perfect the hotel is nice. Clean standard rooms with walls that could use a little more insulation but a nice view of the LA and the Hollywood Sign. The restaurant was nice but pricey $24 for a mediocre buffet. I would stay here again if I was planning anything near Hollywood.

Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here on Saturday night for my 21st birthday with friends in a junior suite, the location was perfect and everyone that worked there was very nice. Only slip up we had was that when we got there around 7:30 p.m. they said the room wasn't ready, which was odd for how late in the day it was. The manager was very nice about it though and gave us a late check out, and there was a complimentary cheese plate in the room when we got to the room around 8:30. Overall though it was a very classy hotel, way better than a holiday inn that some people are comparing it to...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mrosex3
Miami
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for 5 days and 6 nights for a course that took place in the hotel. I can't say much with regards to whether it's worth the price because it was all paid for, as was breakfast, but the rooms were clean, the beds extremely comfortable, and the cleaning staff was excellent. It's convenient for sightseeing and is attached to a shopping center which was great for me during my breaks, though perhaps not for my credit card. I do believe that large hotels should offer free wifi nowadays, which they don't, but otherwise I don't have any complaints about my stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Palm Springs, CA
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Well located, comfortable rooms, welcoming staff and great swimming pool.
The swimming pool was heated and spacious. While the exercise facilities were
very small, mirrors helped to reduce claustrophobia. I overheard some guests saying that
a free pass was available to a professional gym nearby. If this matters, I would ask before you
make reservations. The price we got on their website ($200 range) was very low, considering the quality of the hotel and the price of other less attractive hotels in the vicinity.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank luckystars
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had a very pleasant 4 day stay here. The bed and pillows were some of the most comfortable I have ever slept on in a hotel!! The location is great as well. Steps away from Hollywood Boulevard and connected to a large shopping area as well. It was nice being able to avoid all the foot traffic on Hollywood Blvd and walk through the shopping complex to get to the Chinese Theater, etc. The parking situation is a bit of a racket though. There are NO in and out privileges so it become VERY costly if you need to get in and out. We paid the $10 max rate twice and then left twice so it was still cheaper then valet, but still a ripoff. There is TONS of parking so I'm not sure why they need to overcharge for it since you're already paying a decent chunk of change to stay there, but oh well. The parking rates were still much cheaper then what I'm used to in Chicago but no need for it. Overall, a great comfortable stay and great views from our room.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel was simply devine. Especially having just come from an absolute dump of a hotel in Santa Monica (Please avoid Santa Monica and its hotels at all cost or you'll have a very light wallet!)
Upon arrival outside the hotel, my partner and I were made to feel like VIP's. Greeted, doors held open and our cases taken for us.
We arrived at the hotel at 10am and the lady on reception was able to get us a room straight away which we could have.
Upon going into this room and walking across to the floor to ceiling windows, a glance to the left and we discover that we are overlooking the famous Hollywood sign!
This hotel really was first class and a relatively reasonable room rate.
Location is also prime. You are right in the centre of Hollywood where all the action is. Very short walk to Chinese theatre and Hard Rock etc.
Highly recommend this hotel and would definitely go there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Hollywood sign!