4,330 results
All reviews great location dolby theatre chinese theatre city view universal studios self park junior suite lobby bar per day rooftop pool an upgrade valet parking metro station santa monica beverly hills fame hollywood
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Recently spent a week at Loews Hollywood with a group of 8. We had two twin rooms on Club Level facing dowtown and the Hollywood sign. Club lounge benefits were included in our rate. Overall, our stay was okey but I felt disapointed because of the lack of customer service. Check in personnel was ignorant and unfriendly, they were also unable to help with some basic inquiries such as more shampoo needed, room change etc. Highlights of this hotel are its location (which cannot be beat), WP pool restaurant (amazing prices) and the club lounge. If you want to stay in Hollywood, this is a good choice, otherwise don´t bother. You´ll be much better off somewehere else! If you stay here, book the club level room.

Room tip: The view is to die for! If you can, book a high floor facing dowtown.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012

A native Angelina, I know the city inside out. This hotel is perfect for business, leisure, and sightseeing. It is steps from Hollywood Blvd, the theatres, shopping, restaurants and other entertainment. It is also just a skip away from the freeway exit, which makes it very convenient if you are driving to farther points in L.A. I was here on a girls' weekend retreat and we had 4 girls to a room. We had requested 2 beds in each room, however upon check in we were informed they only had rooms with ONE king size bed available. The gal at the front desk upgraded both reservations to a suite with one king size bed and a sofa bed for no additional charge. She was polite and helpful.

The suite was very spacious, and we had some nice city views. The bathroom very big with a separate anterooom. The sofa bed was surprisingly comfortable. We requested extra blankets and towels from housekeeping and they responded promptly.

Overall, a very nice property with simply PREMIER location-- wether you're looking to be close to the stars of Hollywood, or looking for a good central point to set camp in the City of Angels.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This recently became the Loew's (previously the Renaissance). The location can't be beat if you're going to the Hollywood Bowl for a concert and fireworks as I was over the 4th. The rooms are pricey but spacious. It's right next door to shops and restaurants so you really don't need a car or cab if you're going to explore that area. My room had a few problems which got fixed pretty quickly like a TV that didn't get signals on many channels and no hot water--guess they had a boiler problem. The restaurant has many organic choices (for breakfast) so that was good since not much open in the area for early dining.

Room tip: My room faced the Hollywood Hills so I think it might have been quieter than the Hollywood Blvd. side facing south.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Not sure if our expectations were too high for this hotel based on price and location, but whatever they were they were not met,
This hotel is in a perfect location for Hollywood sights, I wont bore you with the list ...
But pffft, we arrive just a little before check in and our room is not ready, that's fine, we'll go stretch our legs, look around the hollywood and highland centre, get our bearings. We return around an hour later and the room is ready .... YAY!!! May we have our luggage to take up, it's fine, we'll take it ourselves, we're keen to get freshened up and changed so we can go out and soak up what is left of the afternoon, no, they insist, it will be sent straight up behind you, thank you we say.
Well we arrive at the room, it looks exactly like the pictures show it will look, we have a side view of the Hollywood sign in a room at the front of the Hotel. Very pleasant. Downside - no tariff for the minibar in the room but a sign explaining you move it, you pay for it!!! Plus side, they do give a little space for your use, so not so bad. Bed's comfy ..... lie down for a minute to wait for our bags, boredom kicks in and I nod off, 2 hours after arriving our luggage still hasn't?? My husband rang down, confusion reigns ..... he goes down to front desk, very blase about not sending them up, husband turns around and they have been put aside so he ends up bringing it all to the room himself, hey guys, we would have been happy to do this ourselves earlier and been out of our room probably spending $ in the bar??!!!
Still, no major complaints, likely as we did not spend much time at the hotel except to sleep after this.
Our last day they changed to Loews, and we were impressed how swiftly they rebranded the property, doors, room facilities etc, shame the same speed could not be applied to the luggage delivery eh?
Oh, and what - No Free Wi-Fi????? First large scale hotel I've stayed in that charged, though on a positive note they do provide a station at reception to check-in for your flight and print boarding passes, so almost redeemed themselves for this inconvenience, thanks to .. Lisa (?) who was helpful in arranging airport transport and advising us that this was available when we went to ask about internet facility on site. I'm hoping that the re-branding also included some staff re-branding as this was our first real positive staff interaction at the hotel.
Having stayed in Hollywood a few times I guess I don't have much need to re-visit the area again, my next trip will likely find us in Santa Monica, so not staying here again does not feature in my thought process, as for recommending the hotel to others ...... hmmmmm? Location excellent, but very little bang for your buck :(

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Msgirl2009
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Ok hotel in a good location, everything is clean and simple basics are all there couldn't ask for anything else. It is by no means luxurious or wow . Location is fantastic. Gym is very basic. Don't use room phones it costs a fortune unfortunately we had to due to an emergency and we were charged ludicrous amounts! But overall safe bet staying here. Negative is that wifi is not included.

Date of stay: July 2012