“Excellent Place to View City Lights”
Review of Perch

Perch
Reserve with OpenTable
Perch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 10,045 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 5th Street
Transit: Perch can be easily accessed by Metro train, at the Pershing Square stop. Just as you come out of the station we are located on the corner of 5th and Hill.
Placerville, California
“Excellent Place to View City Lights”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We ate at the Perch in the Bar area on Valentine's night.
The atmosphere was warm and inviting. We sat on couches and ordered appetizers and drinks. The truffle fries were excellent. I'd also recommend the sliders. We walked outside on the patio to view the city lights at night. What a view! There were cozy fire pits and comfortable chairs to sit around. I'll be back next time I'm in LA!

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Perch review”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've heard so much about The Perch so I took my husband there for his birthday. It is worth going just for the incredible view and atmosphere. However, the service was so poor it was ridiculous. They gave us the wrong check, did not bring out my husband's birthday dessert, ignored us etc. About the food: it's good, but not great. The food and service do not live up to their prices. I ordered salmon and it said it came with peas. There were 2 peas on the dish, the salmon was small, there was barely anything with it. Why not some carrots and peas with it? Not even a little rice for $27? Taix gives you much more food that tastes better for your money. The salad was also pretty awful. My husband liked his steak though. I'd go back for dessert and wine but NOT dinner!

• Visited February 2013
Thank William Dandeli... P
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WAAAAAAY OVER PRICED.”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I paid 35 dollars for a small steak and french fries. it was very good atmosphere but the food sucked

1 Thank sofljiujitsu
Los Angeles, California
“Great ambiance and view, average food and service.”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

It's a French inspired rooftop bistro with amazing views of Downtown. I like their outdoor fireplaces, both lounge and table seating and kind of bohemian atmosphere inside and outside. They offer a full bar. A decent French wine list and nice music-- funky jazz trio, indie bands or a late night DJ will make your visit definitely enjoyable.

Cons: The service is so-so and food is average. Sorry, but it got worse compared to when the lounge was first opened. Even a nice food presentation is not there anymore.

• Visited December 2012
Austin, Texas
“One of the best brunches of my life”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I went to Perch with some friends and it was one of the best brunch-y experiences I've ever had. While the food was very good, the setting was fantastic. Although it was December, it wasn't too cold to sit outside, and there are some clear plastic wind breaks to protect diners from gusts. We sat on facing loveseats with a coffee table in between, looking over Pershing Square and the ice rink and drinking sangria and listening to the jazz combo--absolutely idyllic.

I had been nervous about the hipness and dressiness factor; the bar area is beautiful, very old LA style, and the whole place feels very exclusive. We weren't dressed to the nines (as a few other patrons were) but the waitstaff was very cordial and I never felt out of place.

We ordered the creamy truffled french fries, which were delicious, and my dining companions had the spinach/mushroom omelet and smoked salmon benedict, while I had the wedge salad. Everyone was happy with their food, but the overall ambiance is what made the experience for me. It's not a budget place, but I've definitely seen less stellar brunches for more money.

• Visited December 2012