All reviews rooftop restaurant beverly hills la county museum of art tar pits fire pit wine hour the penthouse hollywood sign front desk staff farmers market small pool valet parking rodeo drive king bed short drive grove peterson
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In our way to Coachella, my boyfriend and I did a bit of an LA retreat and stayed here. Service was great, valet parking was easy, check In was quick, and the room was great! It definitely isn’t the best hotel that I’ve ever been to, but it was a really nice, clean facility with good service! I can’t complain!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rooms were clean. Staff was very friendly. And location was not bad. I think overall great experience although the hotel is a bit smaller than I had imagined. Nothing wrong with that but just something to note.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 11, 2019

All questions and requests were answered right away with a smile. All information give was accurate and helpful. Rooms had everything except complimentary water. Efficient design with good looks and practicality. Never saw robes that resembled sweatshirts elongated!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 7, 2019

My partner and I stayed for 2 nights last week. The hotel has beautiful interior decor (unfortunately we didn’t haven’t time to see the pool or use the restaurant) and was spotlessly clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful - please note valet parking is available but does cost $42 per night (at time of our stay). I have to make special mention of Caesar - he went the extra mile for us when we lost our passports and we would not have gotten home on our intended flight without him!! Thank you so much Caesar for your help and amazing customer service. We would love to stay here again - the area was good for getting to Beverley Hills and only 20min drive from the Walk of Fame etc. The area outside the hotel felt relatively safe in comparison to staying in Downton Hollywood for example. Thank you !!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CesarG6317, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

Dear, SSuzanne Y,

Wow thank you so much for the shout out and glad to hear the stay was enjoyed as well as getting your items back on time. We hope to see you soon!

Cesar

Reviewed September 6, 2019

We stayed here on a weekend, specifically because it had a rooftop pool/bar. What we didn't know is that the hotel actively tries to rent that small space out, so when we tried to use it at 7 PM we were told it was not available that night due to a private party using the space. We were offered and given a discount by the nice front desk clerk who also didn't know until she confirmed, but we weren't looking for a discount. We would have booked a different hotel if we had known a hotel with very few amenities would have its major feature be unavailable. We booked on the hotel's own website, so there is no excuse for this not to have been communicated.

The hotel lists EV charging as a feature. There is only valet parking available for $46 per night so you can't actually use the chargers yourself. The first night I was told there was no charging available. I mentioned it being listed and then was told that it was in fact available. On the second night, after tipping the attendant $5 at 9 PM and asking if he would plug-in the cord overnight, we came down at 8:30 AM the next morning to find him still there, but he'd forgotten during his 12 hour shift in a garage with probably less than two dozen cars.

On either side of the bed, there is a plastic bottle of $8 tap water. "Fred" water. The website says there is nothing special about the water and they encourage you to refill the ordinary plastic bottle. (perhaps what guests do after realizing the price to avoid the charge?). This seems like a money grab from guests who probably won't see the price sticker in the middle of the night and is the antithesis of hospitality.

I'm not looking for an apology for unmet expectations, the staff already did that, but since the hotel manager does answer questions here, can you explain the thinking behind the $8 bottles of tap water? The other stuff in the mini-bar was over-priced, too, but not to that degree.