“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Wonderful, extremely clean rooms. We LOVED the rooftop bar/pool with sweeping views and very cool atmosphere. Very central position - easy to get anywhere from here! Ask to be at rear of property as Wilshire Boulevarde can be a bit noisy!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Ashley G, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Traveler,

We are so glad that you had such a great time on your recent stay! I agree, the views from our rooftop can't be beat! And our hotel is indeed in a very central location to the best of what LA has to offer. I hope that you will come back and see us again very soon.

Warm regards,

Ashley Gochnauer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 31, 2014

After staying at the Hotel Wilshire, I will be making a point of seeking out Kimpton properties in the future. I stayed on business for three nights and have very few complaints!

Pros:
-My room (611) was roomy with a king bed, desk area, chaise, and a decent view
-Was invited to send a photo ahead of time that they framed and had waiting on my bedside!
-The tub was AMAZING -- huge, but potentially a little difficult to get in & out for some folks
-Wine hour! From 5-6 each evening, complimentary wine in the lounge -- yes, please!
-Accommodating, nice staff -- including valet service that was always prompt
-Central location, making it easy for me to get to meetings all over the city

Cons:
-Skip the room service! The food was over-priced and terrible (like, really terrible)
-The staff, while very nice, wasn't great with the food/attractions recommendations
-The volume on the tv seemed to be controlled -- couldn't turn it up passed a certain point

Tip: I booked my room directly, over the phone. Not very high-tech of me, but their customer service was fantastic and accommodating -- got a better rate!

Room Tip: I recommend booking directly; I got a better rate. If you're on the 6th floor, ask to be placed...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ashley G, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Traveler,

I'm so happy to hear that we've made you a Kimpton convert! It's great to see that you enjoyed your room and got to take advantage of our fun perks, including the framed photo offer and our evening Wine Hour. And I agree completely - we do indeed have a very friendly staff! On the other hand, I'm so sorry to hear that your Room Service order left a lot to be desired. Your comments have been shared with the Roof team and we will take action to ensure there is appropriate follow up on the food quality. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,

Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Another one of the Kimpton hotels I stayed at in LA. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to the penthouse, which was beautiful. It has a private entrance near the pool, and my only comment would be that the entrance area was dark at night. Great private deck. Romantic bedroom with views into the bathroom/bathtub, which my friend and I laughed about. The shower features double heads, including a rain shower. All-in-all, nice designs and features!

The hotel is between the LACMA and Beverly Hills (very short drives) but there didn't seem to be much going on within walking distance of the hotel. The block itself did not look wonderful, but it seemed safe enough. My friend and I parked our car on the street with no problems.

Would stay again, especially if it were another upgrade to the penthouse.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Traveler,

Wow! Looks like you won the lotto with that upgrade! I'm so glad it was a fun and comfortable stay. It's great to hear that you took full advantage of your beautiful suite as well as our rooftop. We are indeed quite centrally located and within walking distance of the Farmer's Market and the Grove, 3rd Street and Museum Row. LA's other top attractions are within a short drive. We hope the Hotel Wilshire will be your destination of choice when you return to LA.

Until then,

Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We found our stay at Hotel Wilshire to be very pleasant! The hotel is centrally located and very close to nice spots in Beverly Hills area. Everything looked new, the hotel was clean and trendy.
We recommend this if you are ever in LA.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler,

What a great review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the clean, modern design of our hotel....It really gives our guests a true "LA experience!" And yes, we are also a quick jaunt from the heart of Beverly Hills, which is a must-see for travelers coming to LA.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

All the best,

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The hotel is beautifully designed with the most amazing view from the rooftop pool and lounge.
staff is extremely helpful and freindly. looooved every second i was there.
I had to leave hotel early due to a family emergency and they refunded me fully for the nights I wasnt able to be there. would go back in a heartbeat

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The staff is great and very personable. They make your stay there feel as your home away from home. The rooms are quiet, nicely decorated and comfortable. The rooftop pool with a restaurant and comfortable lounge furniture give it a resort feel with great views of Los Angeles. It would be fun to take one of their complimentary bicycles for a spin around town. I love that they have yoga mats in the closet and jogging trail maps.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit this lovely review. I truly believe one of our biggest selling points is our staff. They genuinely care about creating memorable experiences for our guests. It sounds like you took notice of some of the fun amenities we offer, such as complimentary bike rentals and yoga mats and jogging maps in every room. And I agree - the rooftop is a true oasis - right in the middle of LA!

Thanks again for the great review.

Warmest regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Was told to stay in West Hollywood for my first USA trip and this looked good. Yes it's a little far from Beverly Hills but the hop on/off bus stop is one block away. Staff are so attentive and friendly, room was spotless and spacious and rooftop bar and pool area have views that are very Beverly Hills! Great and quiet place to stay if you're not too fussed about walking a little or catching a bus.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Traveler,

Wow! Your first trip to the US! I'm so glad that the Hotel Wilshire could play a part in such a momentous trip! Our staff is indeed very friendly and ready to assist with whatever you may need. I'm happy to hear that you also made time to visit our beautiful rooftop. Those views are hard to beat.

We hope that you'll make another trip our way very soon..

All the best,