Kimpton Hotel Wilshire
Beverly Inn(Los Angeles)
Elan Hotel(Los Angeles)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop restaurantbeverly hillsthe la brea tar pitsla county museum of artla fitnesswine hourfire pitthe penthousehollywood signgreat boutiquefront desk staffwalking distancefarmers marketwest hollywoodsmall poolvalet parkingmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 26, 2013

When I travel, I usually look for the Kimpton name. Usually, the chain of boutique hotels lives up to my expectations. This one surpassed them.

The rooms were small, but modern and comfortable. I had a great night's sleep and the bathroom had terrific luxury amenities.

The highlight of the trip was the rooftop restaurant/pool which overlooks the Hollywood Hills.

My travel partner was upgraded to the penthouse. The bedroom wasn't huge but the rest of the suite was very comfortable.

This was a great hotel and we paid a reasonable price.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Ashley G, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Wow! What a great review! Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful comments. To hear from a true Kimpton loyalist that we were your "best" experience thus far is truly an honor! I hope that the Hotel Wilshire becomes your destination of choice when visiting LA.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This hotel was disappointing relative to our expectations. Our room was small facing a dentist office. Location- relatively central between beverly hills and museum district but driving needed and ghostly streets- nothing to do around. The weather was great so we wanted to go to the pool but it was super small and crowded with brunch goers (not guests). We didn't even feel like lounging with all the annoying restaurant activity- there was no privacy for the guests. Poor imitation of the mondrian or andaz and not cheap enough to justify relative "value".

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Traveler,

I am truly disappointed to see this review. We aim to provide our guests with an exceptional experience from start to finish, so I sincerely apologize that your stay fell short of your expectations. I'm so sorry that you found the rooftop to be inconvenient for swimming - it sounds like it was a very busy day given the nice weather. We truly hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at ashley.gochnauer@hotelwilshire.com and we will be sure to take great care of you.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently for business. I was there for 7 days and my experience was awesome.. They are always available to assist you, the rooms are very clean and spacious. The hotel is located in a great area and accessible to a lot of attractions.. There is a shopping area nearby called The Grove and they have several different types of restaurants even for the vegans out there. If you are looking for a great place to stay while in LA i recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Traveler,

What a lovely review! I'm so glad that we were able to make you feel right at home during your week-long stay. I'm happy to hear that you found the Wilshire well suited to your needs. I agree that our hotel is well appointed and centrally located to some of LA's best attractions. We truly hope that you'll be back to see us again soon!

Until then,

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I had an uneventful 2-night stay in early November. Unless you "KNOW" Los Angeles, the hotel will be difficult to find. I called the hotel (and was told Fairfax Blvd was the closest cross-street). After circling Fairfax and Wilshire for nearly 30 minutes, I learned that the hotel is 100 yards west of Crescent Heights, and 200 yards from the eastern border of Beverly Hills (San Vicente Blvd.).

Like most Kimpton hotels, the entrance was unobtrusive and trendy/upscale. I was greeted promptly and proceeded to my room (6th floor, facing north). Had great view of Hollywood Hills. Although the room had 4+ star European (think VERY small) boutique charm, space was extremely limited. I shared the room with my 11 year old -- fortunately, I had a full itinerary and spent little time in the room.

Ordered room service and it was delivered promptly (the food was hot - nice). No noise issues except groups of people transferring to the rooftop access elevator for the lively (and very popular) bar/pool scene (as I said, the trip was short -- didn't have time to hang out with the cool kids).

To avoid the hotel's $32 night valet charge, I parked in the building garage to the left of the hotel parking entrance for $12. The second night, I parked on Wilshire as I had an early departure (before 7am) -- score!

Overall, the Hotel Wilshire was clean, quiet, convenient and remarkably pleasant. I slept comfortably and soundly (nice linens and excellent mattress). The hotel ticked all the amenities/quality/service boxes that you expect from a Kimpton hotel. I travel a lot and have fairly exacting standards with accommodations.

If space is important to you, you should upgrade your room in advance (I asked and was told the hotel was sold out - bummer). If space is not an issue, the Hotel Wilshire will not disappoint.

Room Tip: Ask for a premier room above the 4th floor facing north for unobstructed views of the Hollywood Hills
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Traveler,

I am so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the Wilshire and found our services and amenities to be in line with what you would expect from a Kimpton hotel. Next time I hope you can stay for longer! Again, so happy that you had a pleasant visit - we hope the Hotel Wilshire will be your home away from home for all future trips to LA.

Warm regards and happy new year,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I do not usually stay at boutique hotels, but I stayed at this hotel as it was the most convenient for my meetings. I am glad I did. The suite that I got was beyond amazing. I felt like I was staying in one big loft as opposed to a hotel room. The amenities are exceptional, from free wifi for being an Kimpton InTouch Member, free wine happy hour, and you can even get a gold fish delivered to your room as a companion. Overall, it was a wonderful experience. Although I do not foresee myself going back to L.A. anytime soon, when I do, I will definitely be booking this hotel again!

Room Tip: Sign up for the Kimpton InTouch Membership if you are not already a member. You will get free wifi access and $10 off at the liquor bar. Also, opt in for a suite if it is in your budget and it is available.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Ashley G, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Traveler,

We are certainly glad that you found us! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. It sounds like you were able to take full advantage of our various amenities - from our evening Wine Hour to our goldfish program! I'm also so pleased to hear that you've signed up for our Kimpton In Touch guest loyalty program. In addition to the free wifi, it's a great program with many benefits. I'm so glad that the Hotel Wilshire will be your destination of choice when traveling to LA!

All the best,