$298
$249
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $286/night.

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Restaurant
$221
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$142
$132
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

$139
$124
Cancelon
$460
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop restaurantbeverly hillsthe la brea tar pitsla county museum of artla fitnesswine hourhollywood signthe penthousegreat boutiquefront desk staffwalking distancefarmers marketwest hollywoodvalet parkingsmall poolmini barhotel guests
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for a friend's wedding in LA. We didn't want to spend a ton of money, and we reviewed this hotel on tripadvisor before making reservations. The best part of the room was the bathroom, with the steam shower! The room itself was on the small side, but we also had a king size bed so that took up most of the space. There was plenty of closet space to hang our clothes. We went to the Roof restaurant once on the night of our arrival. It was busy but we got table near the bar and ordered drinks and food. It was very good and the view spectacular. I thought the breakfast menu was a bit over priced - $23 for a carafe of coffee and small platter of biscuits/pastries? The only other negative was the reception for our smartphones was terrible - we had to go to the lobby to get good reception. The wireless was $12 a day which to me was pricey so we didn't use it. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was close to where we needed to go, but if you're trying to find it on your own you may miss it, as it's nestled between other buildings. Our taxi drivers nearly did! Which brings me to another point - beware of the taxi drivers in LA. The driver took us on this horrible roundabout way to the hotel from LAX, it was nearly $60. The fare for returning was only $35. They also would not take a credit card so you need cash.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashley G, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Hello, Traveler,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Wilshire while visiting LA for your friend's wedding. I'm truly sorry about the phone reception - we typically haven't had an issue with that, but I realize that can be frustrating so I apologize you had to deal with that. Also, I did want to mention that wifi is indeed complimentary for members of our guest loyalty program, Kimpton In Touch, and it is very easy to quickly sign up when you are connecting to our wirelesss for the first time. If you decide to come back and visit us, we can definitely assist with this. Kimpton In Touch is a great program with many advantages, so I encourage you to sign up and start reaping the benefits!

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our recent stay at The Wilshire Hotel in LA was full of pleasant surprises. Don't let the deserted "office-y" feel of the location on Wilshire turn you away. This hotel is part of the Kimpton chain, which, for starters, means that you can expect out of the ordinary decor, plush bedding, two robes in the closet, and a bunch of little amenities which make your stay so much nicer than the usual chain hotel experience.

The biggest and best perk, which was consistent throughout our stay, was the amazingly cheerful, helpful staff. Every single person we encountered -- parking attendants, front desk staff, housekeeping, the manager and waitstaff at the rooftop restaurant -- were so genuinely nice that I will stay at this hotel again for that alone. I am also a member of Kimpton's loyal guest program, which is free and doesn't require any minimum stay to join, so some of the perks we got may have been because of that, but it's worth signing up. We got free Internet, a newspaper every morning, $10 to spend on the mini-bar in the room, and free coffee every morning. The hotel also has bikes you can borrow for free.

Perhaps our favorite "find" at the hotel was the rooftop pool. It's a small pool surrounded by a dining area that offers both plenty of sun and plenty of shade. There were often children in the pool, but never many and they were always well supervised by their parents. The rooftop setting offers a panoramic view of the Hollywood hills, and as both diners one day and sunbathers the next the staff again made us feel welcome and completely comfortable hanging out to enjoy the view for as long as we wanted. And here's the best part -- the food was EXCELLENT and really reasonably priced for a hotel restaurant. The choices for breakfast and lunch (we didn't check out dinner) ranged from standard to creative, and everything we tried was carefully prepared and yummy.

There are two potential downsides to a stay here. The first is that parking in the hotel garage costs $32 a day. I've never stayed at an "in-city" hotel that didn't rake in the cash for babysitting your car, and we never had to wait more than two minutes for the car when we wanted it, but this price seems pretty steep for the area the hotel is in. The other thing to knows that at night the rooftop becomes a very popular hipster scene. Hotel guests still get priority treatment, but the bar draws a substantial crowd of people who travel freely from the lobby to the elevator to the roof on the sixth floor. It wasn't obvious what mechanism the hotel uses to ensure the partners don't wander into guest areas. Though we never had any problems with noise or people going to the bar, this might be something overnight guests might want to know about.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel stands out for its quality of staff - its greatest strength. The property too is quite surprisingly good. The rooms are right-sized, and have the interesting yoga mat feature that I understand, defines Kimpton. The hotel is well located and one can get to any part of LA from here without much difficulty.

The top floor bar and lounge with the pool stands out. Excellent place for taking in the sights of LA and wind up a rough hard day. The staff at each of the reception, housekeeping, room service and the terrace bar were fantastic. They were attentive, were genuinely interested in customer happiness and I did not notice the American over-accurate-but-impersonally-cold politeness in them. A lot of warmth and happiness in how they served.

The valets were fabulous too. They manner in which they take your car and give it back to you seamlessly, without lingering around hoping for a tip, makes you want to reward them more.

The hotel could do with providing a water heater for making tea in the room. Else, everything was just superb. A great find.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Traveler,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this truly remarkable review! To have our staff compared to Asia's best is quite a compliment. It sounds like you got a true sampling of what the Hotel Wilshire is all about, and I am thrilled that you had such a positive experience. I believe you summed it up perfectly when you described our staff as warm and happy - I couldn't agree more and I think that is what makes them stand apart. I truly hope that we can be your home away from home for all your future travels to LA.

Many thanks for visiting and for the great review,

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Wow was I tired when I arrived at Hotel Wilshire but they were waiting!

The reception is super hip, minimalist with a calming zen. I began to feel the days high-stress activities melt away.

The front desk staff had a warm greeting and next thing I knew my bags and everything else were up in the room. I grabbed a glass of water - the Kimpton always has very tasty fresh fruit or cucumber water. I was too late, but there is always a free wine hour from 5pm to 6pm.

Off to room 616. A stunning corner room with smashing views of LA. The room smelled wonderful. The linens were top-notch and the bathroom was a glass, tiled and mirrored oasis.

The roof top restaurant beakoned and is open until 11pm for food - nice! It was stunning - a pool, fire pits, cozy, intimate booths all wrapped in the stars with panoramic views of LA. Magical.

Time to head back to the room, not sure why, but I decided that I did not need light in the bathroom and walked square into the thick and quite substantial shower door...it resonated with the impact. I saw stars. Super fun the next day trying to explain that away...

I love all Kimptons but I do believe that Hotel Wilshire is now at the top of the list.

Room Tip: Room 616 is amazing!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Desserty
Ashley G, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Traveler,

I must tell you, to get this kind of feedback from a Kimpton loyalist is truly amazing! To know that we are now at the top of your list of Kimpton hotels is quite an honor. It is indeed our goal to make your stress and cares melt away the moment you walk through our doors. In this day and age, everyone deserves to be taken care of, and that is what we aim to do. And I'm so glad that you got to unwind upstairs at our rooftop taking in the breathtaking views....What could be better? I hope that your travels will bring you back to LA soon so we can once again give you a relaxing and enjoyable experience!

All the best,

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Chose this hotel from the internet as it was close to the museum#
We weren't disappointed.
It is modern, clean and above all friendly.
The staff are more than helpful.
Roof top wine every evening with restaurant and pool.
Room very comfortable and large.
Good décor and quiet.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gloria P
Ashley G, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Traveler,

I'm so happy that you found our hotel! We are indeed very close to Museum Row so I'm glad that it was a convenient location for you. It's great to hear that you appreciated the hotel's decor and the beautiful rooftop, and even better to know that the staff really shined from a service standpoint! It's those personal connections that really make the difference. I hope that you will come back and see us soon.

All the best,