$247
$175
Official Website
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $221/night.

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Restaurant
$291
$242
$298
$249
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $281/night.

$255
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$382
$369
  • Beachfront
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$142
$132
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$189
$118
HotelQuickly
$460
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop restaurantbeverly hillsthe la brea tar pitsla county museum of artla fitnesswine hourhollywood signthe penthousegreat boutiquefront desk staffwalking distancefarmers marketwest hollywoodvalet parkingsmall poolmini barhotel guests
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel stands out for its quality of staff - its greatest strength. The property too is quite surprisingly good. The rooms are right-sized, and have the interesting yoga mat feature that I understand, defines Kimpton. The hotel is well located and one can get to any part of LA from here without much difficulty.

The top floor bar and lounge with the pool stands out. Excellent place for taking in the sights of LA and wind up a rough hard day. The staff at each of the reception, housekeeping, room service and the terrace bar were fantastic. They were attentive, were genuinely interested in customer happiness and I did not notice the American over-accurate-but-impersonally-cold politeness in them. A lot of warmth and happiness in how they served.

The valets were fabulous too. They manner in which they take your car and give it back to you seamlessly, without lingering around hoping for a tip, makes you want to reward them more.

The hotel could do with providing a water heater for making tea in the room. Else, everything was just superb. A great find.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Ashley G, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this truly remarkable review! To have our staff compared to Asia's best is quite a compliment. It sounds like you got a true sampling of what the Hotel Wilshire is all about, and I am thrilled that you had such a positive experience. I believe you summed it up perfectly when you described our staff as warm and happy - I couldn't agree more and I think that is what makes them stand apart. I truly hope that we can be your home away from home for all your future travels to LA.

Many thanks for visiting and for the great review,

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Wow was I tired when I arrived at Hotel Wilshire but they were waiting!

The reception is super hip, minimalist with a calming zen. I began to feel the days high-stress activities melt away.

The front desk staff had a warm greeting and next thing I knew my bags and everything else were up in the room. I grabbed a glass of water - the Kimpton always has very tasty fresh fruit or cucumber water. I was too late, but there is always a free wine hour from 5pm to 6pm.

Off to room 616. A stunning corner room with smashing views of LA. The room smelled wonderful. The linens were top-notch and the bathroom was a glass, tiled and mirrored oasis.

The roof top restaurant beakoned and is open until 11pm for food - nice! It was stunning - a pool, fire pits, cozy, intimate booths all wrapped in the stars with panoramic views of LA. Magical.

Time to head back to the room, not sure why, but I decided that I did not need light in the bathroom and walked square into the thick and quite substantial shower door...it resonated with the impact. I saw stars. Super fun the next day trying to explain that away...

I love all Kimptons but I do believe that Hotel Wilshire is now at the top of the list.

Room Tip: Room 616 is amazing!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Desserty
Ashley G, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Traveler,

I must tell you, to get this kind of feedback from a Kimpton loyalist is truly amazing! To know that we are now at the top of your list of Kimpton hotels is quite an honor. It is indeed our goal to make your stress and cares melt away the moment you walk through our doors. In this day and age, everyone deserves to be taken care of, and that is what we aim to do. And I'm so glad that you got to unwind upstairs at our rooftop taking in the breathtaking views....What could be better? I hope that your travels will bring you back to LA soon so we can once again give you a relaxing and enjoyable experience!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Chose this hotel from the internet as it was close to the museum#
We weren't disappointed.
It is modern, clean and above all friendly.
The staff are more than helpful.
Roof top wine every evening with restaurant and pool.
Room very comfortable and large.
Good décor and quiet.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gloria P
Ashley G, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Traveler,

I'm so happy that you found our hotel! We are indeed very close to Museum Row so I'm glad that it was a convenient location for you. It's great to hear that you appreciated the hotel's decor and the beautiful rooftop, and even better to know that the staff really shined from a service standpoint! It's those personal connections that really make the difference. I hope that you will come back and see us soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband wanted to stay here because of the great valet parking. He has an old, customized car and had previous experience leaving a car here. And the parking was great with good supervision. I had made the reservations using my credit card. When we checked in, my husband presented his card and and later I realized both cards were charged for the first night. I am still hoping for a refund since I was considered a "no show". We were given a very small room that had no room for suitcases, no bureau so we could not unpack, and this made it feel a bit like camping. I think the room assignment was made because the clerk thought we were without reservations and had just walked in. I wonder what my reserved room looked like? Restaurant staff and dinner/drinks were fine. Overall, I am just a bit flustered over this stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sassysue45

Dear Traveler,

Ouch! This is not what we want to hear! If you would like to reach out to me directly at ashley.gochnauer@hotelwilshire.com with your name, I will definitely look into your billing concerns and of course rectify any errors made on our end. I completely understand your frustration and apologize that this put a damper on your stay. I do hope that you will give us another chance in the future so we can win you over! Again, please don't hesitate to reach out so I can research the specifics of this situation. Thanks so much and we hope to see you back at the Hotel Wilshire soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We loved our stay at the Hotel Wilshire. At every turn the staff made us feel welcome and cared for. The manager, Ashley, is friendly and will do anything to make sure you're enjoying your stay.

As always, we love the Kimpton evening wine hour, but this time, it was in the rooftop lounge where we chatted for the restaurant's Chef about whether Sammy Hagar or David Lee Roth was best for Van Halen, only later learning that we were visiting with none other than celebrity Iron Chef, Eric Greenspan! He was so fun and friendly and just added another little story to our trip.

Speaking of the rooftop lounge, it's small but inviting and comfortable, the pool is also small, but functional. We could have lounged about pretty much all day - the view is wonderful and the food and drink great, if there wasn't so much to do in LA!

We did the upgrade offer and for a minimal charge extra per night, we were upgraded to a large one-bedroom suite. The decor is minimalist, which I love, and we enjoyed having the additional space. Everything was very clean and the housekeeping staff are not only good with their job, they are friendly as well when you run into them in the halls.

We did had a few hiccups along the way, but they were handled perfectly. One was that my husband left a scarf and jacket for me at the front desk because I had left them in the car the night before and he was headed to a meeting. When I went to pick them up, they couldn't be found and after checking again in our room, I went back downstairs to check again. When they still couldn't be found, Ashley talked to me more about the drop off and realized that they had put the items in a Kimpton bag with my name on it - she then used her sleuthing powers to realize that it was sent out for dry cleaning by accident and was already back and hanging with the other drycleaned items. We all laughed and she handed me my clean clothes with no charge. It was just nice that they were attentive and didn't try to charge for the dry cleaning or anything, it just was "taken care of" as were any other minor issues.

The valet staff were so helpful to my husband as he had several enormous packages delivered that had to then be reloaded into the SUV for a presentation he had to give.

I can't imagine having a better stay, we felt a bit like "rock stars" for all the ways they took good care of us. We'll definitely be back when we're in LA again!

If you go and if you do have even the littlest of problems, I recommend talking to Ashley as she is just the BEST!

Room Tip: We found the upgrade offer we received via e-mail before arrival to be an excellent opportunity and value.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UCLaw98

Wow! It sure is great to see my name up in lights! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review! I absolutely remember you both and so enjoyed getting to know you throughout your stay. I should thank you for chatting with me while I worked Wine Hour! I agree that it's the perfect way to unwind after a long day. I'm so glad that Chef Eric stopped by for a chat as well. He always makes it a lively conversation! All in all, I'm so happy that you enjoyed such a great stay....That is our goal! To hear these kinds of comments is a huge motivator for our staff. So thank YOU! I truly hope that you'll come back and see us soon at what is now your home away from home in LA.

Ashley