$216
$167
Official Website
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $224/night.

$266
$242
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $283/night.

$281
$146
$114
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$151
$142
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $159/night.

Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$454
$439
  • Beachfront
$475
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop restaurantbeverly hillsthe la brea tar pitsla county museum of artla fitnesswine hourhollywood signthe penthousegreat boutiquefront desk staffwalking distancefarmers marketwest hollywoodvalet parkingsmall poolmini barhotel guests
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We loved our stay at the Hotel Wilshire. At every turn the staff made us feel welcome and cared for. The manager, Ashley, is friendly and will do anything to make sure you're enjoying your stay.

As always, we love the Kimpton evening wine hour, but this time, it was in the rooftop lounge where we chatted for the restaurant's Chef about whether Sammy Hagar or David Lee Roth was best for Van Halen, only later learning that we were visiting with none other than celebrity Iron Chef, Eric Greenspan! He was so fun and friendly and just added another little story to our trip.

Speaking of the rooftop lounge, it's small but inviting and comfortable, the pool is also small, but functional. We could have lounged about pretty much all day - the view is wonderful and the food and drink great, if there wasn't so much to do in LA!

We did the upgrade offer and for a minimal charge extra per night, we were upgraded to a large one-bedroom suite. The decor is minimalist, which I love, and we enjoyed having the additional space. Everything was very clean and the housekeeping staff are not only good with their job, they are friendly as well when you run into them in the halls.

We did had a few hiccups along the way, but they were handled perfectly. One was that my husband left a scarf and jacket for me at the front desk because I had left them in the car the night before and he was headed to a meeting. When I went to pick them up, they couldn't be found and after checking again in our room, I went back downstairs to check again. When they still couldn't be found, Ashley talked to me more about the drop off and realized that they had put the items in a Kimpton bag with my name on it - she then used her sleuthing powers to realize that it was sent out for dry cleaning by accident and was already back and hanging with the other drycleaned items. We all laughed and she handed me my clean clothes with no charge. It was just nice that they were attentive and didn't try to charge for the dry cleaning or anything, it just was "taken care of" as were any other minor issues.

The valet staff were so helpful to my husband as he had several enormous packages delivered that had to then be reloaded into the SUV for a presentation he had to give.

I can't imagine having a better stay, we felt a bit like "rock stars" for all the ways they took good care of us. We'll definitely be back when we're in LA again!

If you go and if you do have even the littlest of problems, I recommend talking to Ashley as she is just the BEST!

Room Tip: We found the upgrade offer we received via e-mail before arrival to be an excellent opportunity and value.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UCLaw98
Ashley G, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Wow! It sure is great to see my name up in lights! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review! I absolutely remember you both and so enjoyed getting to know you throughout your stay. I should thank you for chatting with me while I worked Wine Hour! I agree that it's the perfect way to unwind after a long day. I'm so glad that Chef Eric stopped by for a chat as well. He always makes it a lively conversation! All in all, I'm so happy that you enjoyed such a great stay....That is our goal! To hear these kinds of comments is a huge motivator for our staff. So thank YOU! I truly hope that you'll come back and see us soon at what is now your home away from home in LA.

Ashley

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great little boutique hotel, it offers modernly designed rooms

Pro:
Overall very new hotel with decent sized room, great atmosphere overall, very modern minimalist

What you see in the hotel website is basically what you get in real life, so picture explain it all!

Free wifi once you signup at the hotel website

Cons:
Swimming pool is very small and is located in the middle of the restaurant..

Tips:

There is a hotel self parking lot right beside the hotel for $12/night compare to the hotel valet parking at $32

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KevUn
Ashley G, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Thank you so much for submitting your review! I'm so glad that our design and ambience appealed to you. And good to hear that you felt our website was true to your real life experience....I agree! Although our pool is a bit on the smaller side, who can argue with those amazing views. I hope you'll be back to visit us soon.

All the best,

Ashley Gochnauer

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Hotel Wilshire for two nights last summer at the end of our Southwest USA trip.

The first thing we noticed about the hotel (from the outside while driving up to it) is how modern and stylish it looks. Of course, the hotel is still relatively new (at the time of writing, it doesn't exist on Google Maps Street View) so that explains a lot. This style continues inside the hotel as well, with a nice-looking lobby and very nice rooms (and bathrooms). For me personally, this matched quite well with the expectations you have of LA before visiting. The beds were also very comfortable and free WiFi was available in the room.

The rooftop pool and bar is simply stunning (there's a reason it has appeared as a meeting spot in some reality TV shows over the past couple of years). You are provided with a great view of Los Angeles area (including the "Hills" and the Hollywood Sign)! I ventured to the rooftop on the first night we were there and did find myself feeling a tad bit uncomfortable as it seemed like the rooftop was full of models in fancy clothes drinking cocktails... but if that sounds appealing to you, I'd go for it. We returned the following morning and the vibe was much more laid-back.

There is mandatory valet parking at the hotel at a charge. If that's not your thing, you'll have a hard time finding affordable parking nearby. We were reluctant at first but decided to agree to the valet parking in the end as it seemed like the safest and cheapest option. We didn't regret it though, as the attendants were friendly and provided good service.

We appreciated the service at the front desk as well. Due to this being at the end of our month-long trip of the Southwest, our credit cards were apparently near maxed out when we attempted to check in. The ladies at the front desk were understanding though and agreed for us to pay a deposit in cash and to pay the rest at check-out time, which worked out fine.

As for the location of the hotel, it depends on what you're looking for. You're across the street from a Subway (for a quick breakfast) and a few blocks away from the LA Brea tar pits. You're also only a 15-minute walk away from The Grove (outside mall) and next to that, the Farmer's Market (an abundance of options for a meal or a snack), with a large Whole Foods across the street from them. West Hollywood is also only a short car drive away.

However, if you'd like to visit (e.g.) Venice Beach and Santa Monica often during your stay, this might not be your best option as thanks to LA traffic, it takes far longer to get there than you'd expect. I do believe the Hotel Wilshire is a fine 'home base' though if you'd like to visit different parts of the outstretched LA area over several days without having to drive too far to reach your destination of the day.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Xurk
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband in May 2013 for 2 nights.

The hotel is clean modern and the rooms more than adequate. Terrible water pressure for showers though.

Wifi was free when we joined the hotel club.

Staff at the front desk were so friendly and helpful.

Location of hotel is good (given this is LA) provided you want to stay away from Hollywood and the main strip. Although it might seem that there is not much around the hotel - nothing in immediate vicinity- the hotel is comfortable walking distance to the grove and the great farmers market and also the Beverly Centre. About $15 to $20 taxi ride to Hollywood Boulevard (around Chinese theatre area).

Check out the roof top bar which has great views of LA. Only downside we had dinner there second night and the food was just ok. The service was awful. Avoid.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was travelling to LA quite a bit last year and this hotel was my preferred hotel of choice. Where I have to admit that I can't pick out any one thing that this hotel does outstanding, it is a good all around balanced hotel. Convenient location, very reasonably priced, clean and spacious rooms, nice ambiance at the restaurant upstairs . . . the view out of most of the rooms is mediocre at best, but the view from the rooftop restaurant and pool is great, especially at sunset.

Room Tip: I don't remember room number sequences, but ask for a front facing room or a room all the way back. The a majority of the rooms face east or west, and have little to no view.
Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business