$298
$249
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $283/night.

$290
$242
  • Pool
Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Restaurant
$237
$227
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
$132
Westin.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$134
$369
  • Beachfront
$460
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop restaurantbeverly hillsthe la brea tar pitsla county museum of artla fitnesswine hourhollywood signthe penthousegreat boutiquefront desk staffwalking distancefarmers marketwest hollywoodvalet parkingsmall poolmini barhotel guests
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I recently stayed at The Hotel Wilshire for business. I usually stay at the Kimpton (Hotel Palomar) in Westwood, but I wanted to check out the new property. It's tucked away in an odd spot, but I loved this place. It's a quick drive to the Grove and Farmers Market, the Beverly Center, West Hollywood, and everything else. The location is great. But the real amazing feature is the rooftop pool and restaurant. I used to take friends visiting to the top level of the parking garage at the Grove because it has such an amazing view and way to show people all the parts of LA. Now, I can just take them to the roof of the Hotel Wilshire.

I had a great room with a wonderful view of the Hollywood sign. As usual, the restaurant was delicious, the service was top notch, and the room was well designed and well appointed.

My only complaint is the hotel doesn't have a fitness center on site. You get to use the LA Fitness a few blocks down the street which is a full gym, but it is convenient when the fitness center is on site. They are planning on adding one eventually.

Room Tip: See if you can get a view of the Hollywood sign.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Ashley G, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Traveler,

It's so great to get a positive review from a Kimpton loyalist! I'm so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stays at the Palomar and have now discovered the new Kimpton in town! And I totally agree - our rooftop is indeed a gem! It's a real hidden oasis in the middle of LA. But all of this would mean nothing if the team did not deliver that top notch service, so that is what we strive for with each and every guest. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The rooms are small but nicely done. Comfortable beds for sure. No bathtub though. The bathrooms are great however. I could hear the couple above me in the morning. Not cool. I only stayed one night and got in late so I can't say much more. I did enjoy the snacks. Overall it was a good value and a nice, clean place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Ashley G, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Although you were only with us for a brief stay, I'm so glad that you found our bathrooms well designed and you enjoyed a peaceful night's sleep in our comfortable beds. I'm so sorry that you were then disturbed by noise from the room upstairs! I do hope that we will see you again and that you can stay for longer next time. You'll definitely need to check out our rooftop and hopefully partake in our evening Wine Hour. That way you can get the full Hotel Wilshire experience! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly when your travels bring you back to LA.

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

First of all I was somewhat reluctant to stay at Hotel Wilshire. While traveling alone I have specific requirements I like to fulfill. Namely, I like to be away from the elevators and noise and have a room with a nice deep soaking tub. Previous reviewers said the rooms were a little small So i opted for a larger room or suite. But Cesar was very helpful in letting me know which rooms would best suit me. I became aware that the larger suites were close to the elevators, didn't have large soaking tubs or were overlooking Wilshire Boulevard, which tends to be a bit noisy.

I couldn't have been more happy with my choice of room. It had a nice view of the mountains and was far away from any noisy elevators or crowds. (Room 611)
It had a nice large soaking tub, which was perfect for hoofing it all day around town. To make my stay even more comfortable Cesar surprised me with a fruit plate and a bottle of red wine. What I loved most about this gesture was the fact that, as a native Californian, along with strawberries and other fruit, there was a fresh cactus apple and a lychee fruit. I loved growing up in California and having all of these wonderful fruits available to me, but rarely get to enjoy now.

I didn't have much experience with the restaurant, Other than hanging around the pool later in the afternoon after all the younger people left or grabbed tables for something to eat. I was there for about an hour before one of the waitresses finally stopped and asked if I might want a menu. I have traveled alone extensively throughout my life, though I am currently married with the family. I am still shocked that a person traveling alone is rarely acknowledged, unless, of course, they are a man. It took quite a while for the staffer to bring me a drink, And I had to hunt people down to ask for a check. I finally gave up and went to my room then called up to the restaurant to let them know I had ordered a drink. Had the waitress acknowledged my presence she would have realized that I tip well. So it seems the restaurant is living up to its questionable reputation on TA.

I would certainly stay at the hotel again. It was comfortable, cozy, very clean, in a very convenient location and the staff at the front desk was very helpful.

As for parking I took a tip from trip advisor to park in a lot nearby. Arriving on Friday I paid $10 just down the block The parking attendant added that the weekend would be free since nobody parks in the lot during that time.

• Stayed: May 2013
Ashley G, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Traveler,

It's great to see one of our employees' names up in lights! Cesar is a stellar member of our Front Desk team, so I'm so happy that he took good care of you during your recent stay and assisted in finding the perfect room. On a different note, I am so sorry that you were not promptly acknowledged up at the Roof. I can completely relate to how frustrating that can be, so I deeply apologize that you had this experience. I have shared your comments with our restaurant team and they take this feedback to heart since we aim to give our guests amazing service from start to finish. So glad however that you found the Front Desk staff to be friendly and accommodating. I truly hope we can host you on your next visit to LA.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was on the small side, but plenty large for just me. One of the cleanest rooms I have had in recent travel. On the downside, it is a pretty dark room at night, even with all of the lights on. Also, the gym is too far away to be useful. Didn't have the time to go the 3-4 blocks to get there and back before having to leave for a meeting. Overall, I enjoyed this boutique hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Ashley G, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Traveler,

I love to see comments complimenting our staff! At the end of the day, it's those personal connections that really make the difference. And to hear that the room was the cleanest of all your recent hotel experiences....WOW! That is amazing feedback that I will be sure to share with our hard working Housekeeping team! I am terribly sorry that you found your room to be a bit on the dim side. Please let me know if you plan to return (we hope you do!) and I will personally see to it that you receive a bright and sunny room!

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Ashley

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently spent three nights here. Conveniently located close to Downtown and West Hollywood. Valet parking is easy and they bring our car very quickly. The rooms are nicely appointed, as are the bathrooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Traveler,

I love seeing these 5-star reviews! I couldn't agree more regarding the location - we are conveniently nestled between Downtown, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, and West Hollywood. Just a quick drive (or walk!) from the best sights in LA. I'm also so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room. I agree they are quite comfortable and well appointed!

We hope to see you again soon,