“Authentic Philly cheesesteaks!”

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: LAX Area
Neighborhood: LAX Area
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Figureoa Philly is an authentic Philly cheesesteak joint just across Figueroa from Exposition Park. The cheesesteaks tasted just like the ones I ate growing up in Philadelphia. In fact, they have Amoroso rolls flown in from Philly every week. In addition to the traditional Philly cheesesteaks, they do a couple of non-traditional types (Texas with BBQ sauce; Buffalo with Buffalo wing sauce as well as chicken cheesesteaks). They do regular and sweet potato fries. Wife and kids loved the food here as well. A cheesesteak and fries will run you about $10.

The atmosphere here is very much like a Philly cheesesteak joint as well. With the exception of the large windows and the brilliant sunshine, you'd think you were in Philly with the counter staff yelling back the orders, and calling out the numbers of the completed orders. The constant clanking of the spatula on the grill as they friend and chopped the steaks took me back to my days in Philly. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Definitely a great place for a Philly cheesesteak experience!

1  Thank steveprez

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here during our visit to to CA Science Center. I'm from just north of Philly, and have very high expectations for my cheese steaks. These were absolutely amazing! We will definitely stop here again next time we are in SoCal.

1  Thank Kahlan112
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had lunch here today after visiting the California Science Center. The atmosphere isn't much but the sandwiches and the service were first rate. We will definitely be back when we go to the Cal Science Center. (Also the staff invited us to park in their lot while we visited the museum. I had the chicken, cheese and mushroom, it was great.

1  Thank Otter P
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband, 19 year old son, and I were on a day trip to go to the California Science Museum to see the space shuttle. We were starving and figured we would have to eat at the museum, but saw this place right before the entrance. We pulled in and OMG, it was the best place. First, Mario, the assistant manager I think, was talking really fast, but then he realized we had no clue and were new to the place. So, he told us to take our time and we ordered our food. SUPER awesome lunch, was so delicious!!!!! The manager was there also and came outside to make sure that we were happy with our food. We can't wait to go back there. In fact, we will be there this Sunday for an early lunch and will update again on how the lunch is. I am sure it will be fabulous again!!!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stopped in to Figeuroa Philly cheese steak for lunch and it was soooooo delish. It was definitely the best philly cheese steak I have ever eaten and I ate the whole portion!