“Super Clean, Quiet, Great Value!”

Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown
Ranked #105 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Vancouver, Bc
“Super Clean, Quiet, Great Value!”
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I always stay here when in Los Angeles. The rooms are super clean. The rooms are also very quiet which is quite amazing considering it is LA, I stayed in lots of places where I couldn't sleep a wink.
The rooms have everything you need -micro/fridge/iron/internet/dryer/tv.
Very close if you are shopping in the fashion district, less than 5 minutes away.
The only negative is that there are no amenities within walking distance. No drugstore, no coffeshops (the hotel offers continental breakfast), etc.
There is El Compadre Restaurant just a few blocks away and they do have excellent food.
So if you are looking for great value to lay your head down at night and don't care so much about what is around the hotel, then look no further, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
zapatamagaly, manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2009
We at the Super 8 Motel want to thank you for taking the time to let us know how well we are doing as a team trying to provide all of our guests with the best customer service possible, we also like to hear on areas where we can improve our service..........We are really glad to hear that you had a very pleasant stay and as a form of gratitude I, as a hotel representative, want to offer you a 15% discount on your future stay with us. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly for your future reservation. I will be looking forward on meeting you in person soon.
Sincerely.
Maggie Zapata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed June 6, 2009

This was our 3rd or 4th stay at this Super 8. We like it for its proximity to Dodger Stadium. The hotel staff is friendly and the rooms are clean and spacious.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
zapatamagaly, manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, July 14, 2009
We at the Super 8 want to thank you for your time and letting us know how we are doing on trying to provide the best service possible to all of our guests. We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. Hopefully you give us the opportunity to provide you with our services again in your future visits to Los Angeles.
Please call us directly for fututre reservations at 213-250-2233.
Management
new york
Reviewed May 16, 2009

well, i was in los angeles for business and i diced to stayed in this super 8. I woul like to recommend this hote because, they have a great service, all the employees are really friendly and really helpfully. Speacially when i checked in it was a girl that she looks young but she has a lot of knowledge with the customers.
I would come back to this hotel for sure......

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
zapatamagaly, manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, July 21, 2009
I appreciate your time to let me know how all of my Front Desk representativesare doing on our effort to provide the best customer service possible here at the Super 8 on Sunset Blvd. Hopefully, you consider our Hotel as part of your itinerary on your next vacation here in Los Angeles, considering that we are centrally located only minutes away from Hollywood and Downtown Los Angeles, now if you are a Dodger fan, most definetely this will be your right choice again since we are only within walking distance to the Dodger Stadium. Please feel free to call the Super 8 directly for future reservations 213-250-2233.
Looking forwart on meeting you soon .
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2009

a bit of a grubby dive this - cheap for l.a. but did not feel clean. also noisy. wi-fi did not work in our room. in good location though for bars and restaurants in echo park.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

spokane, wa
Reviewed November 8, 2008

We stayed here specifically to see a Dodger game and were pleasantly surprised.
The continental breakfast is great, with juices, fresh milk and cereal, partries and of course decent coffee. There was a coffee maker, microwave and fridge in the room.
The location is great, it took less than 10 minutes to walk to Dodger Stadium.
The neighborhood is ok, very quiet in the morning and all of the shop owners we met were very friendly.
Parking is somewhat tight and we came back the first night to find all the motel parking full. However, they have a couple of reserved spots for this reason and we were able to park in the lot. Seems they have trouble with non-guests parking in the lot when the Dodgers are in town. The management said they have the unauthorized cars towed, but we weren't worried about that since they had a spot for us.
The GM is a very good guy, big Dodger fan and I enjoyed talking with him about Dodger history. He grew up in the neighborhood and is very knowledgeble and helpful about the area.
Over all a very good experience at this Super Eight and I'll be staying there again.

Stayed September 2008
I am glad to hear all these great comments of our Super 8 on Sunset, fortunately a great percentage of our guests are Dodger fans, as you experienced we are only minutes away from the Dodger Stadium.I hope to consider you one of our many reapetativeguests that choose this Super 8 motel every time there is a baseball game at the Dodger Stadium. Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-250-2233.
Imperial Valley, CA
Reviewed August 12, 2007

This motel was okay for the price, especially with my AAA discount. The hotel is located in a crappy place right next to apartments. The streets are DEAD at night though. The motel is nice though, painted nicely, rooms are clean, a/c good, fridge, and microwave. Not a lot of towels, didn't call front desk since I brought my own. Free parking but not enough spaces for the rooms available. I was afraid to take my car to a concert because I was afraid that when I got back I wouldn't have a space to park but taxi's are too expensive for me. So I took a risk. Tiesto concert ended at 3:30 didn't get to the motel til around 4 something. No parking space, what so ever. There was this one part in the street but was afraid someone could easily break into it or might even get towed. I asked Manuel at the front desk if he had any suggestions to where I could park my car. He gave me his reserved parking space. I could not thank him enough!! Very nice man! I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Australia
Reviewed May 28, 2007

We stayed here on arrival in LA from Australia and would recomend this hotel for the budget conscience traveller. The rooms are clean and comfortable although not large and definately not extravegant. Some care would need to be taken if walking around late at night but early evening wasn't a problem. The continental breakfast at the hotel has a large variety to choose from and was fresh and enjoyable. Would definately recommend the mexican restaurant across the road for breakfast, lunch or dinner (but be aware that they aren't open at all on Mondays). Although we didn't speak mexican the shop keepers and restaurant staff in the area all went out of their way to understand what we wanted. As this was our first experience with the mexican way or life we found it a great all round experience to start our holiday in the USA.

• Liked — cheap but clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Staff didn't speak english which made things difficult to communicate.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family