“Convenient Stay”

Ranked #110 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 2, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I always read reviews before booking a hotel. And this hotel has lived up to the standard. I booked this hotel for 2 nights 28/02/14 and 01/03/14 on the first two days of my arrival. There was a blackout in the area due to heavy rains. Their check-in system therefore was down but they were happy to offer me to a refund to book alternative hotels. So I was quite happy with their flexibility. I decided to stay there and found out the room was very clean and spacious. Bathroom was well maintained. Breakfast was nice. Front desk was helpful. They required me to record my room key every day. This has received negative comments among other reviews. But to me it's not a problem at all. I don't see what people complain about. Overall, it's a 2 star hotel with very good value (price quality ratio is high). Obviously if you don't want to pay for a five star hotel, this hotel is a good choice. You won't regret.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear guest;
It is truly rewarding to hear positive feedback from our valuable guests. Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-250-2233.
Thank you for your business and looking forward to your next stay soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed in January 2014 at the Super 8 Motel, 1341 West Sunset Boulevard, not far from downtown Los Angeles. I had made arrangements for a late check-in, and they obliged my request. They required payment in full up front, but that was not a problem.
The room was quite comfortable, and included cable TV and a fridge. (They also have wi-fi access, but I didn't have a laptop with me.) Continental breakfast is served daily in the lobby.
Bus to downtown is right across the street, and runs frequently. Numerous shops and restaurants nearby. Staff was friendly and courteous.
Drawbacks: they change the combination to room lock daily. Requires going to the desk to get the new lock card every day. That is a nuisance.
And: they have a policy: NO VISITORS. Now, I wasn't expecting any visitors; but even if I had, that should be my business, and not the management's.
All things considered, I would recommend this Super 8 motel without hesitation. At less than $100/day, it's a bargain.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CotedesNeiges

Dear guest:
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and let us know about your experience at the Super 8 Los Angeles.. Our prices vary depending on the time of the year, but our average rate is $79 + tax and of course including the continental breakfast, parking,and wifi. We strive on a daily basis to provide all of our guests with the best customer service possible.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-250-2233.
Looking forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel is nice...great location, near lots of restaurants & stores. Parking is a little hard, especially if you have a big vehicle. The room was nice...I mean not a 5 start hotel, but for the price it was good. The only complain I would have is the TV. It's not a flat screen...and I normally wouldn't mind...but the reception was not good. Out of all the channels listed, only half were actually able to be seen. Other than that, it was a good hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear guest:
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Super 8 Los Angeles. We strive on a daily basis to provide all of our valuable guests with the best customer service and product possible, regarding the TV, we are in the process of changing them in the near future.
Hopefully you choose us as your destination hotel in the near future on your next visit to L
Los Angeles.
Please feel free to contact us for future reservations 213-250-2233.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

The reason we booked this motel was because of the location and the price. It was centrally located for us to explore LA and was good value for money compared to other accommodation in the area. The free parking was also a bonus!
The rooms were very basic but comfortable. We didn't realise we had booked into a smoking room and when we arrived they could not give us a non smoking, however after two nights they moved us to non smoking and ungraded us to a room with two beds without charge. The only issue was the noise - unless you are at the back of the motel you can hear a bit of street noise! An upside was that the breakfasts were surprisingly good.

Room Tip: Ask to be as far away from the room as possible
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joc186
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear guest:
It is truly rewarding to get positive feedback from all of our valuable guests. Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations and our best rate guaranteed 213-250-2233.
Looking forward to your business again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Central L.A
Ramada Los Angeles/Downtown West
Ramada Los Angeles/Downtown West
#174 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown? Share your experiences!