“Wonderful!”

Ranked #106 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My friend Priya and I came from New Zealand to stay in LA with some friends. We hired a van to get around, but Super 8 was a convenient area. The staff were very helpful and nice. The rooms were tidy and clean. In a way, Pri and I already miss Super 8! It's next to Dodger's stadium, and not too far from the Hollywood sights. We'll be staying there again next time we visit!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Laura A
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear valuabke Guest:
It is a pleasure to hear complete satisfaction from our valuable guests, it is truly rewarding to have our guests experience a great stay at the Super 8 Hotel.
Please feel free to contact us directly for our best rate guarantee on your future stay 213-250-2233.
Looking forward to have you stay with us again very soon.
Magaly Moran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed September 10, 2012

If you want to stay in Echo Park (because you're going to a Dodger game or it's where you used to live or you like the restaurants or so on) this is fantastically located. If you actually want to stay Downtown, this really isn't Downtown.

The staff are usually quite friendly, but you get the odd one who seems to hate life. The breakfast each morning is really basic, but if you don't mind your bagels being a bit hard you'll be happy — it's free! The rooms are very basic and pretty ugly, and the views are non existent (you're mostly staring at the wall of a horrible run-down apartment building a few feet away) but it's relatively cheap and it's well located for me.

One thing to watch out for is the smell — I'd been unable to book a non-smoking room on my last visit, but the receptionist assured me my smoking room wouldn't smell of smoke… and it didn't, because it smelled overwhelmingly like cleaning products. We were gagging as we walked in the room. They were full and it was really late so we had to put up with it, but wow. It was awful. Make sure you arrive early enough that you'll have time and energy to find another hotel if that happens to you!

Room Tip: Make sure to check the room before you accept it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest:
Thank you very much for your time to write this review, we strive on a daily basis to provide all of our guests the best experience ever. Taking in consideration we are centrally located and within walking distance to the Dodger Stadium and only minutes away from Downtown Hollywood/LosAngeles, we want to invite you to stay with us in the near future again. Please feel free to ask for the Manager and I will try my best to give you the best accommodation and rate possible.
Looking forward to have your business again soon

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Vancouver, Bc
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I travel to LA about 4 times a year and this is where I always stay. The staff are friendly and courteous. The hotel is immaculate in its cleanliness, beds are good. Has a tv, fridge, coffee machine.
I used to stay in Hollywood, but could never get a wink of sleep because of the noise. This hotel is super quiet.
The location leaves a lot to desire; not a place to stroll around. Nothing to see. Can't even get a coffee anywhere. But I have never ever felt unsafe, and the location is super close to downtown; I'm shopping in the fashion district for my store.
Parking is provided and I have never had a problem with my car in their lot.
I would like to see stronger lights for reading though, but that's probably more just my old eyes. And sometimes they have problems putting calls through to the rooms, but how many pple receive calls while on holiday?
Breakfast is included with the room.
I always recommend this place.
It's fantastic if you just need a good price on a great room to sleep.

Room Tip: I always ask for the top floor, so as to not have anyone on top of me banging around
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Corina P
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear guest:
Thank you very much for posting your thoughts of our hotel and services while staying at the Super 8 Los Angeles. It is truly rewarding to have our valuable guests appreciate all the efforts we do to provide them with the best service possible.
Please feel free to call us for future reservations 213-250-2233. Looking forward to have you stay with us again in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I booked this hotel purely due to its proximity to Dodger Stadium and was presently suprised how close into downtown LA it also was (having said this, it's a good 2 mile walk).
The room was quite large, clean etc but a little outdated and dark - however it was perfectly fine for us.
I would have liked it if we could have checked in a little earlier - I had requested this however the check in time didn't appear flexible.
I felt the room a little expensive, however if you are looking at going to the baseball I guess it's worth it as taxi fees and parking fees are not necessary as Dodger stadium is just a short walk up the hill!

• Stayed August 2012
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear guest:
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at the Super 8 Motel. Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations and our best rate guarantee 213-250-2233.
Sincerely
Kongsberg, Norway
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Central (e.g. walking distance to Dodger Stadium), but car/taxi is required if you would like to explore LA. Right on Sunset Bvld, so driving is easy. Free parking, and although limited there is a complementary breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest:
It is truly rewarding to have complete satisfaction from our guests.. We strive on a daily basis to provide the best customer service possible and we feel accomplish with reviews like this.
Looking forward to have you stay with us again in the near future.
Glasgow
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The room was dark and felt horrible. It did not feel clean at all. Of all the hotels I have ever stayed in including the Gatwick travelodge (which is not up too much) this is the only one I really wanted to leave. The area felt bad and dangerous. You need a taxi to get anywhere with cases so it cost loads in taxi fares.

The beds were small with horrible covers. I felt itchy the next day.

The breakfast was fine, coffee wasn't that good.

Basically it felt seedy and yuck. We stayed just 1 night , I couldn't stand it any more than that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest;
First of all, let me thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am really sorry you felt unsafe in this hotel and didnt like the room you stayed.
We as a team work really hard on a daily basis to provide the best accommodations to all of our guests as well as the best customer service possible, we take critism as a positive way for improvement if needed.
Hopefully you will give us the opportunity to change your view of the hotel if you decide to stay with us in the near future
Thanks again fro your valuable time and for your business
San Diego, CA
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here so that I could walk to and from Dodger Stadium for a game. For my comfort-level (safety wise), it's the only motel within walking distance. The area in the immediate vicinity is sketchy and run-down. Here's my summary of pros and cons for this motel.

Pros:
* Easy walk to Dodger Stadium (although not if you are differently-abled, elderly, etc.)
* Cheap.
* Free parking.
* Very nice and friendly front desk staff.
* Free continental breakfast, although I skipped it.
* Decently maintained property -- as clean as they can probably get it given the age of the building and rooms.

Cons:
* Rooms definitely feel budget-like. You get what you pay for, right? It was clean but the bed had one of those outdated bedspreads that you wonder how often is washed. The side of the mattress had a gash in it, and there were stains on the mattress itself. There were nice clean sheets on the mattress, so I tried to pretend all was well with all layers of the bed -- but when I really thought about it, one word came to mind: ick! (Okay maybe it's not a real word, but I know you know what I mean).
* Neighborhood seems like the kind that you are wise to avoid on foot at night.
* Quite a bit of street noise -- understandable because it's right on Sunset Blvd.

Bottom line: Would I stay there again? No. For me, it wasn't worth saving money and being able to walk to the stadium.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear guest:
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your exoerience at the Super 8 near the Dodger Stadium, we strive on a daily basis to provide the best customer service to all of our valuabke guests.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations 213-250-2233