“Nice hotel if your passing thru..”

Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown
Ranked #108 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed November 28, 2011

For a Super 8, this hotel is pretty nice. There are microwaves, fridges, and coffee pots all included in the rate. There is also free parking, free internet, and free breakfast. The location is great and it is not too far from the Dodgers stadium. We walked over to chinatown and had a great dinner. The front desk staff is very freindly and accomadating. We will be back!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Dear guest:
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how pleasant your stay was here at the Super 8 Los Angeles. Hopefully you choose us as your destination hotel next time you visit Los Angeles taking in consideration our centrally location only minutes away from Downtown Los Angeles/Hollywood and within walking distance to the famous Dodger Stadium if you happen to be a baseball fan!!!!
Please feel free to contact the hotel directly for future reservations for our best rate guaranteed. Looking forward to have you stay with us soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

This was my first experience with 'SUPER 8'. I had always had the impression that Super 8 was one class below Best Western. But I have to say that I was wrong.
This hotel is perfect for a basic place. It has a nice and welcoming lobby with friendly staff. The room is clean and a good size. You will find a coffeemaker, fridge, microwave and TV with many channels. On each floor there is an ice machine and vending machines with drinks and snacks.
Across the street there are some local/small supermarkets, but no big name grocery stores can be found in the immediate area.
The price of the room is including internet and breakfast and parking which is a huge plus. The breakfast is very basic: Cereal, Milk, juice, apples bagels&creamcheese, coffee and tea.
I enjoyed my stay at this place, mostly because of the room and nice atmosphere at the hotel. I have also stayed at the Dragon gate Best Western which is not too far from the Super 8 and has simular pricing. When I compare the 2 strictly on the room and hotel, I would say that both are equally nice.
But the location of the Dragon Gate Best Western is better. Super 8 is on a bit of Sunset Blvd that doesn't have anything to offer.
No restaurants, no shops and it is basically not close to anything. When you have a car, this is of course no problem. If you will not have a car. It is only a minor problem. Super 8 is about a 25 minute walk away from Union Station, or you can catch bus 2 or 4 (bus stop Sunset/Innes). The Bus stop is right next to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank childonmoon
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Dear guest:
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words. Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding,day or night,good service depends upon people willing to give their best at all times. Tha is why it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes out staff's efforts,and takes the time to say thanks.
We strive to provide the best custome service possible to our guest's at all times.
Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but sometimes it would be very handy! We booked this Super 8 for 2 nights as the price was reasonable (not cheap, but reasonable). The hotel was a good 30 mins bus/metro trip (through a pretty rough area) away from Hollywood. Whilst the stock photo of the building makes it look ok, it was pretty tatty inside. Beds were comfortable enough. People manning the front desk were a mixture of quite helpful and downright rude. If I needed a cheap(ish) place to stop for a night whilst driving, I might consider staying here, but there must be plenty of better places as a base to see the (limited) sights of LA.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
zapatamagaly, General Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2011

Dear guest:
We strive to provide the best customer service to all of our guests at all times.I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right and where we can improve.
I am looking forward to have you stay with us again in the near future to provide you with the best accomodstions and our best customer service for which our hotel is generally known as.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations for our best rate guarantee as well.
Thank you again for your time and suggestions,

Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and it was terrible - The walls in this hotel are paper thin and you can hear everything that goes on in the rooms around you – even someone going to toilet!! On the both nights the whole hotel was kept awake by females fighting and screaming obscenities at each other in one of the rooms, this went on for hours, when I complaint to the front desk as I’m sure others would have also done, I was told I needed to contact the hotel manager, which I found to be another drama, it ended up taking me 4 days to eventually get hold of her, when I explained what had happened I was told by her quote “what do you want me to do these people paid for a room the same as you did” I was shocked by her comments and told her so then I was told quote “why did you bother staying the both nights if it was that bad” the only reason we did as it was near the end of our trip and this hotel has a no refund policy and our finances were low – I would strongly recommend that if you are travelling with a family and want some sleep of a night that you give this hotel a miss it is very very noisy and the hotel Manager seems to want to encourage this behaviour !!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank J T
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This hotel was well positioned for us considering we had a hire car. Free parking was one of the reasons we stayed here. Also the close proximity to Dodgers Stadium meant we could walk to the game. Reception area was nice and clean. Staff were friendly. Room was typical for a Super 8. Would stay there again

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear guest;
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Super 8 hotel. It is always beneficial to hear from our guests and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel.We strive to provide the best customer service to all of our guests, and it is extremely rewarding to hear a guest recognize our efforts.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations for our best rate guaranteed 213-250-2233, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Positives - good sized room, clean, helpful staff, breakfast included(not huge but starts you off), free safe parking, no hidden costs, good regular bus route to Dowtown and West Hollywood(they do stop often though), safe area by all accounts we walked out late in the evening with no trouble, a good mexican place down the road to eat.

Negatives - the room wasn't that noisy it kept me awake but being first on the row in a motel is always going to attract more noise than the end room and there was one occassion people congregating to smoke on floor 2. Maybe this was the smoking area I dont know. No safety box in rooms but we found all USA motels not to have them later on our trip.

Overall - You get what you pay for - this served us just fine for 3 nights and we got a cheap deal. I wouldnt stay a here for a week but would stay again for a few nights. We did find getting back late at night a bit of an hassle on the bus......regular yes and all night but it seem to take ages, Sunset Blvd is very long!!!!...however the local wacks on the bus entertained.

Room Tip: Upstairs far end facing car park