“Great place to stay close to the airport”

Super 8 Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #159 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Toronto, Canada
“Great place to stay close to the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

Stayed here for one night as I had an early flight to catch the next morning. Close in proximity to LAX. Rooms were huge, clean and comfortable, and a great price to boot. Breakfast was dissapointing, but I would recommened this property for an overnight stay...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

It was a clean hotel where we weren't initially planning to spend three days but later on seeing the service and cleanliness of the place, we ended up sticking to it.
Near the Airport, great Tours of the City available from here; must try to travelers...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

Recently stayed here with a few friends at the end of our Los Angeles trip and were completely satisfied. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The property is well cared for and the rooms were clean and comfortable. We were able to schedule a guided tour of Los Angeles/Hollywood easily at the front desk and the bus picks you up right at the driveway! We noticed the planes landing upon check-in, however, once in our rooms it was unnoticeable. Great price, great location. Will definitely come back in the future!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

We were staying in this motel during our road trip in California with our 2 daughters, 3 and 5 months. My daughter opened the drawer and found a plastic bag and ask me: ''What is this daddy?'' It was a BAG OF MARIJUANA!!!! Our room was obviously not cleaned by the staff and the manager of the motel was the most RUDE person. We brought that stuff to the front desk asking to get at least that night for free and she even was rude enough to ask us if that was our stuff!!! She was pretending that it could have been our pot and just bringing it to them to get a free night...

She said she did not understand why we ''touched'' the bag of marijuana instead of leaving it there in front of our daughters. This place is run by a SENSELESS MANAGER that do not take their clients seriously. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank habs2611
Super8LAXAirport, Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Dear Habs2611,

Yes, you are right; I should have been more friendly and understanding. I apologize for coming across as rude, however I am glad you felt comfortable enough to stay in the same room again the following night. I have taken this opportunity to review our policies on customer care in order to maintain great customer relationships. I will work harder to make sure our guests are not just satisfied but are happy as well. Please accept my deepest apologies. I do hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future and to change your mind about our property.

Jan
Manager

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Truckee, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2010

we found this hotel on trip advisor and felt it was a good value for what it was...a needed layover for some sleep between flights. The rooms were dated but clean and comfortable. We arrived at the hotel at 11:30 pm and there were still plenty of planes flying over so it was a bit noisy. We were tried after a long day and it didn't take long to
fall asleep and ignor the planes, if you are a light sleeper you may not be as lucky.
The breakfast was one of the poorer continental breakfasts that we have had in a long time, but we had a quick bite and we were on our way. Free shuttle and Wi-fi was a huge plus.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2010

As the title says, it's a nice functional motel, close to LAX. There is a free shuttle service from/to the airport, and you call the motel once you leave the luggage area. It's a not a new facility, but I found a clean room, where I was not bothered by airplane noises (as some reviewers have complained). The bathroom was clean, which is plus. The breakfast is nothing to write home about, and there are no major eating places close by, so that's something you have to consider if you are planning to stay there for long time periods; I was only there for one night. The motel is next to car rental offices, and felt safe to me during a day walk, but I did not do anywhere during the night.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank travelisgood4u
Unity, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

When I made my reservation, I found the reservation person friendly. He answered all my questions about the shuttle, motel, distance to the airport, reservation and cancellation policy, and so on. I reserved a room for one night. When I got into LAX, it was late at night. I called the hotel and they told me where to go to wait for the shuttle and sent it to pick me up. It took about 30 minutes for it to get there since it had to drop someone off at another terminal first. When I got to the hotel, the desk person was friendly and professional. I stayed in a room on the second floor in the building that is set back from the road and was not bothered by noise. My room was clean and had everything I needed for a one-night stay. The bed was clean and very comfortable; the bathroom was clean and stocked with towels, soaps, shampoo, lotion, etc., coffee maker and coffee; and the AC worked. There was a tv, but I didn't turn it on so I don't know if it worked or not. There was no mini refrigerator. When I went to the office in the morning, there was a modest continental breakfast of cereal, muffins, toast, coffee, tea, and juice. The hotel shuttle to LAX stops out front every half hour so I was able to catch it after I checked out. I noticed that there is a small pool in the courtyard area, too. The staff and shuttle driver were friendly and helpful.

All in all, I found this to be a very reasonably priced place to stay. If you have a limited budget or just want a place to sleep and aren't looking for something extravagant, it is a good choice. I am always glad when I can spend under $80 for a room for the night, and it turns out to be a clean, comfortable choice.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
LAX Area
Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport
Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport

Been to Super 8 Los Angeles Airport? Share your experiences!