“OK cheap acommodation”

Super 8 Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #173 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The last night of our 2 week road trip we booked a room in the Super 8 LAX; which was located right next to Herz, we were rented our car.

The reception was ok; so were the rooms. There was a kind of anti mould product smell in the bathroom; although no mould visible.
Room was spacious enough. Planes are flying over regularely until about 1am; and started again around 5am. Not a big issue, that's what you get when staying next to the airport.
Isolation of the rooms could get better though.

Breakfast was included. Don't expect too much, but it's nice to have a coffee in the morning.

Price/quality was good. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay near the airport, this hotel is fine.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Good cheap accommodation all over America as I found out. No complaints about any of them . Clean tidy rooms and big.
Nice free breakfast and free wifi.

Would recommend them to anyone . Staff were also very helpful at every one I stayed in from LA to Chicago.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed June 17, 2011

The Super 8 was by far nicer than some other more expensive rooms I've stayed in. The customer service was great! The location was perfect. We only waited about 15 minutes for the airport shuttle arriving near midnight. The rental car places surround the hotel, which was super convenient. We had not prearranged a rental car till the next morning. It was nice to walk right across the street to pick up a car.
The room in general was about what I expected. Not too fancy, but not shabby either. The bed was like a rock, but my husband seemed to enjoy it. The bathrooms were a surprise. It was nicer than I expected. All in all, I would stay here again if we needed a room close to LAX.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We had to change our room because of a terrible noise that, as they explained to us, came from a problem with the heating installation. They knew there was a problem, but gave us the room anyway. I must say that at least they offered a solution and I appreciate that. But the Motel is really old and the rooms smell terrible. I would not recommend this place at all. It was the worst motel we stayed in 15 days, and we slept in several cheap budget ones.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2011

The upside of the Super8 LAX was it’s proximity to the airport and it’s predictability.

We arrived around 4pm at LAX and it took 3 phone calls to the hotel before we were picked up. Highly irritating as we saw some other hotel shuttles arrive and depart 3 times before ours finally pitched! I was even more put out when we found the hotel to be only a 10 minute drive from LAX, and we’d waited for around an hour.

After that however all was good! There were a couple of places nearby where you could eat, or the option was there to order in from a delivery service which was quick and inexpensive.

The rooms are a bit worn at the edges, but our TV was fine, and the aircon worked great. The breakfast was meagre, but remember the price is great. I think we paid around $65 a night, making it a whack cheaper than any other establishment in the area. On leaving the hotel shuttle in fact arrived EARLY, and we were at the airport in a flash. This proved to be a blessing, as LAX is an absolute nightmare!!!! It took at least an hour and a half to get to our gate- so be warned and get there early!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pafuri
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Hotel:
Hotel exterior was dirty and I got really worried about the room condition. The staircase was full of insects and bad smells. You are going to hear planes taking off and landing but that wasn't a concern for me.

Room:
Room was really clean for a budget hotel. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was really clean too.

Wifi:
Wifi was free and the connection speed was acceptable.

Breakfast:
Breakfast was simple and fruit juice machine wasn't working during my stay. In-n-Out burger was 15 minutes walk away.

Shuttle:
I did not know that I was supposed to call the hotel for shuttle, waited for 30 minutes in the terminal. They also provide free shuttle back to the airport but make sure you tell the receptionist the time of your flight.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I stayed for about two weeks and I found the staff friendly and very helpful. The property is located well within the reach of all car rent cos and all tour operators buses come for daily tours. To start with the free shuttle service was very effective as they came within 10 mins after calling from airport.The continental breakfast is provided as part of the package which does its job. Only thing I found short of is that did not find any deli stores or super markets near by and only resturant you have nearby is Burger king right across the street. Other than thought everything looked good and staff were very friendly, so surely I will prefer to stay at this place again. Yes one thing you have to agree there will noice of aircrafts , but if you need to stay near the airport you have compromise on this aspect,nonetheless after 1 to 2 am i found the air craft traffic less .

Room Tip: plan in advance you can get a good deal.