“Good value, easy to catch early morning flight” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #93 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good value, easy to catch early morning flight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2005

Room was nicely furnished and clean. Hotel staff was polite and competent. One night of parking was $12 and the garage is a little tight. High speed internet for $9.95. Room charge through hotels.com was $132. I would definitely stay here again if I have to fly out of LAX the next morning. You can walk about 10 minutes and get a tasty meal at In & Out Burger!

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2005

I wish I'd paid more attention to the review from Sept 25 - it's pretty much spot on and seems to be what to expect from a stay at this hotel.

I got a really cheap rate through Octopus Travel on the web - perhaps I should have taken this as a warning! Rate was great but that's where the positive side ends... Although we did get a very helpful courtesy coach driver to the airport on our morning of departure.

Arrived at the hotel - not that easy to get the turn-off either - watch out for the signs - at 5.20pm. Drove into the car park and was asked if we were staying overnight. I'd decided that we would unpack and take the hire car back that night and pop into the airport as I wanted to check something with Delta re our transatlantic flights, then get the courtesy coach back. He said it was fine to let the Front Desk know as we would only be using the car park for a couple of hours (max.).

Checked-in - non-descript - not even sure if I received a smile from the disinterested staff (I know it's an airport hotel and therefore a huge turnover of guests but please try and be cheery?! I've worked in airport hotels and my staff were never like this thankfully...)

After unpacking and changing, went down to get my parking ticket sorted by Front Desk and was told I was being charged $12 - this was 7.30pm. Around $6 an hour. I explained that it had only been 2 hours etc, was leaving the car back to the airport etc but to no avail. So I decided to vote with my feet - I shall never again stay in a Radisson. Quite simple really....

Didn't use any other facilities really except for Room Service which was relatively fast, quite good quality food and the politest member of staff we found at the property.

Rooms weren't too small and were clean - pretty anonymous airport hotel rooms - you could have been anywhere... Nothing wrong with that though....

Check-out was again lacking any friendliness - the Front Desk just did not have any interest in their jobs I guess?

• Stayed October 2005
11 Thank mazzyk

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2005

We have stayed here several times on our journey between England and New Zealand. The location is excellent; the rooms quiet and comfortable; airport shuttle is reliable; most of the staff are pleasant and the large heated outdoor pool and gym help to ward off DVT. But, when many of the guests must, like us, arrive when their body clocks are confused, does the hotel only offer food that accords with California time? It would be a great improvement if the room service menu offered poached eggs or even a plain omelette - Mexican food when your stomach thinks it's 3am is not exactly appetising!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2005

Want Motel 6 service and aesthetics at Hilton prices? Than this hotel is for you. The Radisson is very close to LAX, and the bar on the top floor is very nice. Otherwise... The front desk staff are smug and unhelpful, the rooms are very plain (although mine came with an unpleasant odor). The airport can be clearly heard, although it's not bad. The noise from other guests however is very annoying, since as someone said, all the soundproofing seems to have been spent on the exterior. Did I mention how smug the staff is? Overall, the hotel is just a factory cranking out tired travellers from a pretty unpleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2005

We stayed both on our arrival & departure in Los angeles. The rooms have just been refurbished & although they're not the biggest rooms they are very nice. Our check-ins were very quick & the staff were very helpful. There was no noise from the planes however, we could hear the people in the next room who had a 5.30am wake up call. Our dinner at the restaurant was very good & the bar on the top floor is amazing. We'll definitely stay here again the next time we're in LA.

• Stayed October 2005
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Chrella
San Luis Obispo, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2005

This hotel sounded great from the other tripadvisor.com reviews, but in reality it's a disappointment. I don't like to complain much, and I'm certainly not the kind of traveler who needs every whim catered to, but I've stayed at most of the hotels near LAX and among the major players, this is one of the worst. Even if you get a good deal!

1) Room service charges applied to my bill when I ordered room service. The front desk clerk accused me of lying, then took 20 minutes (literally) to resolve the problem during check-out. No apology or acknowledgement of the delays that this caused, even though it was clearly the hotel's fault.

2) Small rooms: the rooms at the nearby Sheraton, Hilton and Marriott are all much larger and better equipped for business travelers or families.

3) The pool is outdoors, not indoors. The gym had been turned into an airline lounge, and the new exercise room is small, hot and crowded.

4) The "covered" airport parking is only the ground floor of the parking structure, which is almost always full, day or night. You'll likely end up paying $12/day to park on the roof of the garage, which isn't covered and where security isn't as good. Locals like to skateboard in that area, which causes damage to cars and also potential pedestrian accidents. (Also, note that the roof of the parking garage isn't wheelchair accessible.)

Again, I'm not usually a picky traveler. But this hotel was not a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank california_vagabond
Philadelphia, Pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2005

We recently stayed at The Radisson at LAX for 5 nights while in LA for a family vacation.
We found the room to be nice and clean, loved the shower.
Do not order the goat milk pizza for room service, my 16 year old son still talks about how gross!!
The hotel is in a great location for first time vacationers to LA.
It is right on a main road and we found it easy to get to all of the sights on our list.

The only problem we had was the price for parking.
We were told it was $5.00 per day when we checked in, upon check out we were charged $12.00.
When we asked the "manager" on duty why we were overcharged, she simply stated that the cost for someone staying at an event is $5.00, regular overnight is $12.00. She told us she would have the clerk who checked us in call us, that was a month ago, still no phone call.
I even wrote the corp office, they forwarded it to the hotel manager. Still no one word.

We are going back again next year, but if they do not clear up their parking charges we will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2005