The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Southern Cal.
“The Hotel Changed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

For years, every time we take a major vacation we have used the Radisson for a few reasons. It has good park and fly rates, the rooms and beds were clean and comfortable, and the shuttle ran on a regular basis. When we got to the Hotel on August 7th, 2014 we, for the first time, noticed it was now the Concourse Hotel. We received no notification about this so we were surprised to say the least. We dropped our luggage in the back and were told the valet parking service only worked through the front of the building (no big deal).. The good things- good rates on park and fly for 14 days, shuttle runs every 15 minutes, and the hotel staff seemed to be pleasant. The bad things- the beds were very hard (they have sleep number beds but they didn't work), the bathroom needed a better cleaning job.
The bell hop did say they were in the middle of a $40 million renovation which they desperately need. I won't pass judgement until I see it renovated but it does seem like Radisson just let it go knowing it would be sold. I know nothing about Concourse Hotels but would consider staying there again since it is usually just for one night so we can be closer to LAX before our vacations.

Room Tip: Check out the Park & Fly rates if you are going away on vacation.
    • 3 of 5 stars
antoinette r, Manager at The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Mark:

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the difficulties you encountered during your stay with us and the lack of notification, cleanliness and the discomfor of the sleep number beds. I truly appreciate you taking the time to respond to this review and voice your concerns and issues regarding the hotel during your hotel stay.

Our hotel has entered a new transition; we have become The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport. A Hyatt Affiliate. We will be undergoing an extensive renovation and all personnel will be trained to meet our new Hyatt standards. After renovations are completed, we will become The Hyatt Regency at Los Angeles Airport.

I do hope that you will return after we complete the renovation to give us a chance to redeem ourselves and experience our new product.

Guest Relations Agent
Antoinette R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
GLOS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Stayed here one night after flying in from London and before picking up my rental car. Had to wait some time for checkin and was told on reception I had to pay even though I had already paid via my Radisson points months before.
Rooms were old and tired and ripped wall paper, electric switches half hanging off the wall. Cannot see out of windows as they are so dirty.

Room Tip: Stay at hotel somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
antoinette r, Manager at The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Carlos:

On behalf of our entire staff at Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the unclean windows and wallpaper, as well as the electrical issues in the guest room with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure changes taking place with our renovations.

We are delighted that our hotel has entered a new transition; we have become The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport. A Hyatt Affiliate. We will be undergoing an extensive renovation and all personnel will be trained to meet our new Hyatt standards. After renovations are completed, we will become The Hyatt Regency at Los Angeles Airport.

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a night. The front desk is helpful. However, the stay wasn't as pleasant. The carpet is wet when we walked in and it did not dry even the next morning. Parking here is ridiculously expensive. 30 bulks for one night. When we complained the valet parking guy argued with us. What kind of professional attitude is that?! I wouldn't recommend people with cars to stay here. If you really need to, park somewhere else with a reasonable rate.

Dear Julianna:

On behalf of our entire staff at Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the issues with the valet parking attendant and please advised that we do not tolerate such behavior.
Our parking rates are comparable to all hotels located on the Century Boulevard and we do provide Quick Parking (self-parking), located behind our hotel for $20 overnight.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We booked Radisson hotel and when we got to the airport we called the receptionist for the shuttle and was told that the shuttle will have "The Concourse Hotel" on it. When we got to the hotel, they told us that it changed into the The Concourse Hotel about a week ago. The lobby was really nice, looks expensive, compared to the price we have paid. Guess we were lucky that the price was still for Radisson when we booked it.
The room was nice, clean and tidy. It is a good airport hotel with free shuttle. We have no complain about the hotel and the service.

1 Thank Myr_Saulls
ConcourseMangr, Manager at The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Guest:

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your review.
We look forward to your return.

Guest Relations Agent
Champery, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Surprisingly for this chain, the experience was substandard in several ways. The hotel didn't honour the bed size request made despite the fact the reservation was made more than a month in advance of the stay. The room wasn't properly cleaned - there were no toiletries excepting those left open in the shower by the previous guests and when I approached the concierge she apologised and gave me what should have been in the bathroom but declined to report the problem. Breakfast also started late - after several early AM flights - so there was no possibility to do anything except order (expensive) room service; what was delivered was of acceptable but uninspiring quality and some items had mysteriously been replaced with items I had not ordered. In short: there are many options for hotels near LAX; I'd choose to go elsewhere.

Green Features: It was not clear there were any in force, other than standard practices for towel and sheet washing upon request.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Location
3 Thank Nick A
Dear Nick:

The comfort of our guests and the cleanliness of our facilities are our top priorities and I was disappointed to hear that we let you down in this regard. Rest assured that I have reviewed your specific comments about the toiletries, room service with the appropriate staff members and departments. We do take all our guests' comments seriously.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Came back from an amazing vacation in Hawaii to the worst hotel experience I've ever had (and I've stayed some crazy places). Waited in line for half an hour to get a room with a king bed (there were 3 of us). Was made to wait in line again to switch rooms while being told off for reserving through Expedia, as that didn't guarantee us two beds. Second room smelled of mildew. Couldn't switch again, evidently, despite water damage on ceiling and floor. Thank goodness for Jose in the bar--the only good thing about that night.

Next morning, reluctantly parted with cash to eat there as my mother is not very mobile. Upon checking out, I was honest about it being a terrible stay, and the day manager was summoned. Israel Vasquez promised me a refund of breakfast bc, once again the fact that I booked through Expedia meant they couldn't refund my room. While waiting in line to talk to him, two crew members came down. One had been put in an occupied room. The other given a key that didn't work.

It has been weeks and multiple emails since I was promised a refund on breakfast. Evidently they are the Concourse now. But soon will be a Hyatt. I can only hope that Hyatt guts all the rooms and takes a hard look at the current staff. Night desk attendants were rude, day manager clearly incompetent. Just stayed at a Days Inn on the other side of the country and it was vastly superior to this flea bag hotel. Shame.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Tannakin S
Dear Tannakin:

The comfort of our guests and the cleanliness of our facilities are our top priorities and I was disappointed to hear that we let you down in this regard. Rest assured that I have reviewed your specific comments about the staff and your bed type, with the appropriate staff members and departments. We do take all our guests' comments seriously.
If you have not received a refund, as of yet, please contact me at 310 337-6433 so that I may look into this issue and resolve for you as soon as possible.

Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed here only one night and glad we didn't stay longer. It's convenient when you arrive late at night (as we did) or if you have an eary flight. But the hotel was outdated and the room could have been cleaner.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank furuskog
ConcourseMangr, Front Office Manager at The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Dear Furuskog,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I would like to apologize for the cleanliness of your room not being up to your expectation. We take great pride in our cleanliness; I will pass along your comments to the Housekeeping department to make sure this is addressed. We our investing $40 million into hotel and room renovations beginning in the coming weeks, this will address the concerns of the hotel being “outdated”. We look forward to your next stay in Los Angeles, I hope you allow my team and I to provide you with a much better experience on your next trip out.

Kind Regards,
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#83 of 348 in Los Angeles
4.0 of 5 stars 3,821 reviews

Been to The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate

Property: The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate
Address: 6225 W Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045-5311 (Formerly Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport)
Location: United States > California > Los Angeles > Westside
#2 Green Hotel in Los Angeles
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate 3.5*
UPSCALE AIRPORT HOTEL FEATURING ALL NEW HYATT REGENCY GUEST ROOMS. FEATURING COMPLIMENTARY AIRPORT SHUTTLE, FREE WIFI, AND BRAND NEW HYATT GRAND BEDS. Super easy, free shuttle brings you to this full-service hotel in process of exciting transformation. NEWLY RENOVATED guest rooms include premium Hyatt Grand beds, 55" HDTVs, refrigerator and safe in all guest rooms. Guest rooms are mid-century modern in design, spacious, offer complimentary wifi, and have sound-proof windows for 24-hour comfort. SUPERIOR FOOD & BEVERAGE OPTIONS Enjoy 24-hour room service and creative dining options in the hotel's buzzing lobby bar - The Concorde Lounge - or the restaurant - Palmira. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your The Concourse Hotel at Los Angeles Airport - A Hyatt Affiliate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Radisson Hotel Los Angeles Airport