Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Stans, Switzerland
“nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

delicious food, nice hotel. the rooms are clean, the list of the tv channels long. we had no internet in the beginning, and contacted stuff for that. shortly after that they sent a technician who solved the problem quickly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Apple Valley, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I used to work for a Radisson and this was not even close to the Radisson standards. Our room smelled of stale smoke and wet carpet. The carpet was actually damp. The hinges in the bathroom were rusted. There was a palm tree growing out of the hot tub and the pool had not been cleaned in over six months. There were dead and alive bugs all over and debris from the trees floating all over in the pool. The staff was friendly besides the shuttle driver who didn't help with our luggage nor would let my kids put there car seats on the luggage rack. The shuttle is supposed to run every 20 minutes on the hour we were five minutes early and they said we just missed it and the next was would be there in 20 more minutes, but we ended up waiting 45 minutes for the next shuttle. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: No good rooms since all there carpet need to be replaced!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Shailla L
antoinette r, Manager at Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the difficulties you encountered during your stay with us. I truly appreciate you taking the time to respond to this review and voice your concerns and issues regarding your stay at our hotel. The comfort of our guests and the cleanliness of our facilities are our top priorities and I was disappointed to hear that we let you down in this regard. Rest assured that I have reviewed your specific comments in detail with the appropriate staff members and departments. We do take all our guests' comments seriously.
On a positive note, we will be undergoing an extensive renovation in the near future. I do hope that you will return after we complete the renovation to give us a chance to redeem ourselves and experience our new products.

Guest Relations
ARomero

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

demaileron
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Title says it all. Three stars overall, I wish I could give it three and half stars. Excellent location, decent rooms, decent food, and decent valet parking.

Just be warned, there may be jet noise, but the view is second to none. This property is reasonable walking distance to all LAX terminals.

Stayed January 2014
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Most of the hotels around LAX are tired, showing signs of high-volume use and the accompanying wear and tear. Though this building has been a hotel for decades, the Radisson keeps it up. The rooms are pleasant and always clean. Towels and sheets are either new or in good condition. The staff is well-trained, courteous and efficient. To top it off, they are usually less expensive than most other hotel chains. Physically the closest hotel to the airport, an added little bonus. Since discovering it, I use it all the time when I need to sleep at the airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank technocleric
Pikeville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I have to start out by saying there is NO free parking. You either pay $30 valet or pay $12 and walk a mile with your family and bags to get to the front lobby through construction where some sidewalks are missing. I was beyond frustrated by the time I finally got here. I was just in time to find that the room was very skanky and run down. I saw no bugs but the carpet was pure filth with either red dye or blood stains in it. Bed skirt has black mold growing on it. There was a fire hazard power strip under the bed. Take my advice and stay somewhere nice with parking!!!

Stayed March 2014
On a positive note, we will be undergoing an extensive renovation in the near future. I do hope that you will return after we complete the renovation to give us a chance to redeem ourselves and experience our new product.

Guest Relations
ARomero
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

The room was clean and reasonable. The location was close to the airport and the shuttle was ontime and efficient. The only problem was the awful Sleep Number Beds. We both got up with a terrible backache.

The huge pool was very nice.

Room Tip: See if you can get beds with regular matresses.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed here for a night after a change of flight. The hotel is very very close to LAX and there is a complimentary shuttle that takes you to and from the hotel to your terminal.

It's a business/traveler hotel and breakfast (not even continental) is offered. The lobby looks nice and modern. The rooms are not too bad or outdated. Where the rooms really show their age is with the television. It's an old tube tv, which I wouldn't have even minded if I could have actually watched something on it. All I could see was static! So I had to lay in bed with nothing to do but watch videos on my iphone, thank God for iphones.

The view was nice at least, I could see the colorful LAX towers that kept changing colors every couple of minutes and I was only on the 4th floor. So that was nice.

Check in and check out was quick and easy.

Overall it's a good place to stay if you're on an overnight lay over or have an unexpected flight delay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo