“Great LAX hotel, but for one problem....” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #93 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Seattle, Washington
“Great LAX hotel, but for one problem....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

What's up with the TV's? As an airline crewmember, I stayed 3 nights in a row last week. I don't know what kind of satellite system they use, but I never want to get that service in my home! All 3 nights I had to call for someone to 'reboot' my TV. Then once it has been rebooted, the front desk has to register you in the system in order for the TV to work. That's a lot of drama for a short airport stay. My other crewmembers had the same problem with their TV's.
Other than the TV issues, I do like this hotel very much. The location is great for a short stay, you can walk to the hotel from the terminal (which we did-10min.) or take the van (which can be a long wait). The pool area is nice- palm trees and good sized pool. The staff are friendly and professional.
You can walk down Sepulveda Blvd, and there are shops and places to eat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank west5er

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Isabel Lopez at the front desk is great! She was extremely helpful and friendly. Overall the hotel needs a little updating but is in a great location if looking to stay near the airport. The price of parking stinks and they should have self park options and not just valet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
So. Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked this hotel through Travelocity, because I could compare several hotels on one site. I booked and was confirmed (or so I thought) a room with two beds. Upon my arrival at the hotel, I was told there was only ONE room available with two beds. It was a handicapped room with a door to an adjoining room, which I avoid for security reasons. When I showed my paperwork with TWO double beds confirmed, I was informed by the desk clerk that it was merely a request, not a guarantee. Never in the years I've dealt with Travelocity have I been told that.
It was late, hot, I had an early flight, so I took it. The room was 78 degrees at 10pm. Never cooled off during the entire night. Bathroom was disgusting. Black gunk between the faucet handles, black stains on carpet, some moldy, mildew stains on peeling wallpaper in bathroom, and I had to wipe a thick layer of dust off the alarm clock before I could set it. Tried to call the front desk twice for a wake up call. Let it ring 20-30 times, nobody answered.
I was looking forward to trying the sleep number beds, but it was stuck on 95, when they recommend 35 for optimal comfort. It was like sleeping on a concrete block.
When I checked out the next morning I was told the same thing, no guarantee of the room you reserved, and they could do nothing about the rate because I paid through Travelocity. They offered me free breakfast, which wasn't an option because I had an early flight, which was why I stayed that close to the airport in the first place. Their attitude was awful! Desk clerk said he would "try" to speak to the manager, and took my email address so they could follow up with me. Not a word from them, and when Travelocity customer service tried to call them, nobody in management was available.
What really annoys me, is that there's a really nice hotel just two blocks away that I stayed at in the past, but I was going by the reviews on TripAdvisor and Travelocity. I have seen cleaner bathrooms in rest areas along the interstate, it was just plain gross!

Room Tip: Only good feature, room was very quiet and we faced the runway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
antoinette r, Manager at Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Vouvray:

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the difficulties you encountered during your stay with us. I truly appreciate you taking the time to respond to this review and voice your concerns and issues regarding your stay at our hotel. The comfort of our guests and the cleanliness of our facilities are our top priorities and I was disappointed to hear that we let you down in this regard. Rest assured that I have reviewed your specific comments in detail with the appropriate staff members and departments. We do take all our guests' comments seriously.
On a positive note, we will be undergoing an extensive renovation in the near future. I do hope that you will return after we complete the renovation to give us a chance to redeem ourselves and experience our new product.

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I booked this hotel on Priceline...shame on priceline for not divulging the $30.00 parking fee. The cheap deal I got on Priceline was no longer a cheap deal!! The hallways are in need of replacement. The room doors are in bad shape. The beds were comfortable (the only plus). The tub was in need of a big repair andt here was a blood stain on the curtains...gross!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SRisdahl
antoinette r, Manager at Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.
I was very sorry to learn of the problem you experienced with regard to guestroom cleanliness. We do strive to maintain the highest standards for all of our guests at all times, however it is apparent that we did not meet this goal during your stay. Your comments will be discussed with our housekeeping team, as we persist in our endeavor of continuous improvement.

In addition, sorry to learn of the problem you experienced in regard to the limited parking/renovation in progress. Please accept my sincere apology that this issue inconvenienced you. We are striving to upgrade our facilities, and look forward to this project’s completion, but we do regret that this had an impact on the memory of your time with us.

New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We needed somewhere 'easy' after long European trip. This was perfect. 5 minutes on free shuttle from the terminal. We had a great mesmerizing view of the the planes taking off and landing. Restaurant was OK. We wanted a big pool for just relaxing and this pool was perfect. A little older - but wow - huge and deep. It is by the airport so yes you can smell the jet fuel and its not a paradise like setting - but considering where we were and we just wanted a hassle free break from flying - perfect. It is a little old but its fine. Rooms were a good size. Wouldn't want to stay too long - but for getting a sleep and a stretch between flights it really fits the bill. And it is pretty cheap - especially when you consider you don't have to pay any transfers.

Room Tip: Get one with a view of the planes - could watch them all day.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

do everything you can do to avoid this hotel, the rooms are in dire need of remodeling.the television only gets half the channels, and the ones they do get come in fuzzy. The king sized bed in our room was uncomfortable and old and the Internet did not work properly. I called the Radisson Hotel customer service department and was told that this hotel was a two star rated hotel and had one of the highest complaint rates in the entire chain. They also to,d me that this hotel is independently owned and operated and the franchisee would lose the Radisson label if things didn't improve very soon. Despite staying in this hotel over two weeks ago I have not been contacted by the general manager regarding my stay at this dump of a hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank James B
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the difficulties you encountered during your stay with us. I truly appreciate you taking the time to respond to this survey and voice your concerns and issues regarding your stay at our hotel. The comfort of our guests and the cleanliness of our facilities are our top priorities and I was disappointed to hear that we let you down in this regard. Rest assured that I have reviewed your specific comments in detail with the appropriate staff members and departments. We do take all our guests' comments seriously.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after a 3 weeks road trip befor our 14 hour flight home.

We arrived from the airport (had flown in from Seattle), picked up the free shuttle, checked in, got on the free high speed wifi and chilled out on a huge, comfy bed!

Ok so it's not the fanciest, plushest hotel ever but it's an airport hotel!!! It was clean, comfy and there was NO noise from the planes at all. We got the free shuttle to the airport at 5am (5 mins to check out) and it was so quick and convenient.

Restaurant is a little pricey: a good tip to know is that there's an In n Out burger less than 10 mins walk away for quick eats.

• Stayed August 2013