“Decent hotel very close to airport”

Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #88 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Jakarta
“Decent hotel very close to airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

When we arrived in our room, it smelled like cigarette smoke covered by air fresheners, although it was a non-smoking room. We called the front desk & operator but no one picked up (close to midnight); finally, I went downstairs to complain & the front desk was still well staffed. The front desk staff was friendly & apologetic & quickly offered us another room; as the hotel was full, he upgraded us for free. We appreciated this good customer service & had a good night's sleep.

FYI, parking at the hotel is $ 25 a day & there are self-parking lots nearby for $ 13 a night but thanks God I found street parking 2 minutes-walk away for free (12 AM to 8 AM it's free & then it becomes 2-hours metered parking); as we arrived late & had to leave early, this was not a problem for us. This hotel is actually very close to the airport & if LAX wasn't so unfriendly to pedestrians, the hotel is within a 5 to 10 minutes' walking distance depending on terminal number but you can use the hotel shuttle, which according to the staff departs every 20 minutes to LAX.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank agchen1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Oahu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Wanted to stay at the Sheraton but they were sold out, so I ended up here. Not incredibly dissappointed it served its purpose. The service especially Chris the concierge and Karla at the Front desk were incredibly helpful. These beds suck and the air conditioner is a little loud but other than that, in out and on the way to the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Walnut Creek, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The convenience of the location and the glitz of the illuminated exterior is seductive, but the experience is less than acceptable. My room, once I got to it, was dirty, stained carpet, old used coffee filter in the coffee pot (yuck) and a shower head that was floppy and otherwise incapable of adjustment. The assortment of regulars entrenched at their bar looked and acted like extras from a vampire movie.

Parking should have been an early clue. After shunning the valet option there were no directions to the self park. A maze of dead end driveways were impossible to navigate. Ultimately, I was informed that parking yourself involved getting back on the main road, driving a distance and walking back on the streets after dark...at that point I rolled over, bared my neck, accepted the valet surcharge...The shell of the establishment was fine...the lack of management, upkeep, maintenance and guest considerations make this a poor choice when you have so many other options nearby

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank unpre10ous
slundquist, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We apologize that we did not exceed your expectations this visit. Our team is dedicated to delivering great customer experience for all of our guests local and international. We are excited to announce our self- park is almost complete which will give our guests an additional option for parking. We look forward to having you back so we may exceed your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Camdenton, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed for 7 days, first room had no air conditioning, second room barely any. Restaurant is very over priced and cooks beling in a mcdonalds at best... sent a steak back twice and still the cook could not find medium. Was advertised as all you can eat prime rib but after finishing my first plate, the waiter brought out the dessert that came with my dinner and he bill.... never gave us an opportunity to order more if we wanted but sure gave me a bill for over $70.00 i will never stay at any radisson ever again... i would rather sleep at a motel 6..... beware!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank cyclemike57
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have a mixed experience with this hotel during my last visit. I arrived early at about 9 AM, but the front desk kindly let me in to my room anyway, which is a very good thing. The location of the hotel is also convenient, you could basically walk to the terminal 1 in 10 minutes, which then you could catch a flyaway bus to other places. The room was also not noisy despite it is very close to the airport.

On the other hand, the room that we had has a strange smell, the room looks very old and there are not many food options around the hotel. The aircon was also not that cold even after adjusting the temperature to the lowest setting, which might be an issue for some people.

If you need a hotel very near to the LAX and don’t mind of the room condition, this is a good place to consider.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Denton, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson as I was stranded at LAX and I decided on the closes hotel near the airport to avoid the long shuttle ride. WRONG!!! I waited over 45 minutes for the bus made 5 calls to the hotel and them kept saying it would be there very shortly. I made the reservations through Hotels Tonight and they didn't have the confirmation when I got there. The rooms were very average and they weren't cool till you got in the room with your key to turn the AC down and I was going right to bed as it was late so had to wait on the room cooling down. The bathroom had old fixtures and the chair for the desk was very old and almost broken. All in all I wouldn't spend the money again to stay at the Radisson their service had a lot to be desired.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cynthia J
Bella Vista, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

After 3 missed flights and 18 hours of airport drama we had to lay over in LA. I chose this hotel because it was close, had the sleep number beds and the chain has a good name. Checking in there was one person working the front desk and a line of people waiting. Had room 805, going down the hall you smell overwhelming amounts of air freshners, the pair is knocked off the walls, carpet has multiple waves in it. Get in the room and the smell is odd. Tile in the bathroom is cracked, beds do not work properly(you pay extra for these) the tv remote has what I hope was brown food matter on it! We were so tired at that point we did not care. Ordered room service the food was very good and Tony was very nice. Overall I have stayed on better Super 8's than this property.

• Stayed June 2013