“Excellent Hotel!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

My stay was just one night before an early morning flight out of LAX - I would definitely go back and stay longer! The hotel is very classy, tranquil and clean. The bed was super comfortable. They provide a shuttle to the airport which runs every half hour- convenient! Olympic size outdoor pool for relaxing. I've always had good luck with Radisson hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
slundquist, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope on your next visit you will be able to stay a little longer to enjoy everything our location has to offer.

Radisson Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Longboat Key Fl
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is very tired and it seems worn out. The TV is fine but everything else is very used and needs replacing. The sound proofing is good, however and although one can see airplanes take off from nearby LAX, one cannot hear them. Dinner in the restaurant was not very tasty. In short this is a hotel I would avoid in future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
slundquist, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are sorry to hear that your stay did not exceed your expectations. Our Chef has a variety of different items to appeal to all of our traveling guests from around the world. We look forward to exceeding your expectations on future travels with Carlson Rezidor.

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

It is a convenient hotel for those who need to transit in LAX.
Front desk agents, house keepers were nice and willing to help. The room was really good to stay, roomy and sleep number bed was awesome. In room TV was fancy, showing my name on screen.

For those love planes, it is a good place, since you can watch planes landing one by one to LAX, from regional jet to big jumbo...

Now comes to the bad part: too many charge items... Only valet parking is available...$25 per night and actually you need to pay more...such as tips.. right?

Breakfast was $19 per person.

The room didn't equipped with water and no electric kettle but irony it has coffee maker... I don't know how I can make coffee without hot water.. The front desk agent confirmed no drinking water was provided in room.

There were a 4sq promotion saying if you submit a tip or take a photo for this hotel and you will get 1000 club carlson points after showing to front desk agent.. I did this after my check out.. But till now I am still waiting for my points showing up in my account....

Room Tip: higher single number room can see planes landing at 24R
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
slundquist, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for posting your stay with us. Please contact guestrelations@radissonlax.com so we may award 1000 points to your club Carlson account and we apologize for it not being done promptly. We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your future travels with Radisson!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a decent hotel. Not worth the price if you buy a rack rate. But if you get good deal on many websites, it is a decent bargain. Make sure you compare the prices before you book. The room was ok. The staff is very friendly. The valet parking is also efficient. Nothing to shout about.

1 Thank tarun s
slundquist, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Radisson at LAX as your choice of stay. Our team is dedicated to exceeding our guest’s expectations daily. We will follow up with our team so we may improve our guests experience during their stay to exceed their expectations.

Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed at the Radisson the night before an early morning flight out of LAX. They had the most reasonable price of the nearby hotels for the Park and Fly package for the night we needed. We had a nice dinner in their restaurant. The waiter, Felipe, was very helpful about explaining the sizes of the various meals and offering tips for a not too heavy dinner.
The room was clean, comfortable, and well-soundproofed. Not sure if we programmed the sleep-by number bed correctly since there are no instructions. It wasn't bad but I wouldn't buy one after sleeping on the one we did.
As mentioned in other reviews, the shuttle leaves the hotel every half-hour on the hour. That worked well. But they advise you that you now have to call the shuttle when you arrive at the airport and need a ride back to the hotel. We did that and then watched hotel shuttle after hotel shuttle drive by as we waited for the Radisson LAX shuttle to arrive. It finally did but they need to work on getting their shuttles to come by more often since it is frustrating after you've had a long day to see all the other hotel shuttles go by while you are waiting for theirs. The valets were quick to retrieve our car from the parking garage and gave good instructions for the best way to get back to the freeway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julie M
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

While researching for an inexpensive hotel for my one night in LA, I came across the Radison. The mixed reviews concerned me at first but I decided to take a chance.
The excellent service stared even before I left NY. I had mistakenly booked a double reservation through Priceline and it was non-refundable. I called the hotel and they reversed the charges so I didn't have to pay for the extra room.

While the courtsey shuttle from the airport did not run as frequently as other hotel shuttles, I had been given (by the hotel staff) the direct number to call if I didn't want to wait. When I called they said 20 minutes, and sure enough, they were there in 20 minutes. The bus was spotless and the driver was very friendly.

When I arrived at the hotel, the hotel staff made me feel very welcome. Surprizingly though, once given my room key, there wasnt a bellman to bring up my bags (I think they would have brought them up if I had asked).
The room was very nice, clean, and comfortable. I was very pleased and expected less that what I got based on the previous reviews I read. The price was great and the whole experience wonderful. I would definately choose this hotel again. By the way, there is always something going on in the lobby cafe so if you choose, you can engage with other guests. If privacy is your wish, yhou can have that as well. I decided to have room service bring my breakfast rather than go to the resturaunt. A little pricey but the food and the service was amazing. My breakfast was delivered quickly (they said under 15 minutes and it came in less than 10 minutes).
Bottom line, great value for the money and you will think your in a 5 star hotel with the way your treated by the staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
slundquist, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Our staff will be thrilled to hear how we exceeded your expectations and how the staff made your stay a 5 star stay. We look forward to serving you on your future travels to the Los Angeles area!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Excellent hotel for a relaxing stop off after a long flight as its right next the hotel. Although if you are driving and don't wannt to valet your car you will have to pay $15 to park round the block

The rooms are Eco friendly and modern, and really just a ideal place to get your head down without having to travel too far from the airport.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for posting your stay with us and for mentioning we are Eco friendly. We as a team are dedicated to responsible business and to our community. We look forward to serving you on your future travels with Carlson Rezidor!