“Nice boutique hotel”

Elan Hotel
Ranked #6 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My 2 sisters and I stayed at the Elan Hotel for 2 nights and we were glad we did choose this one over a chain hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable (albeit a little on the small side). The maids are exceptional and it was a lovely touch to leave a weather report for the next day and chocolates on our pillows.

I also really enjoyed the free continental breakfast in the mornings. After an entire month of travelling around and eating too many cafe/restaurant breakfasts comprised of bacon, eggs and cheese (I've missed having my own kitchen!), having things like cereal, muffins and yogurt is a god send.

Also, the Beverly Centre is really close by for all your shopping needs, and it's a fairly short way (via taxi or bus) to central Hollywood. The area also felt safe, especially when compared to other sections of LA.

All in all, I'd recommend this hotel to other travelers. There's a certain personal touch to the hotel which I like and the staff are nice and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gailda L
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Guests,

We are happy that you selected the Élan Hotel for your stay in Los Angeles. I appreciate your mention of the customer service that you received during your stay and we are glad that you noticed a certain personal touch! We are a 49-room Boutique Hotel therefore we can more often personalize our service to the needs of our guests. Thanks for mentioning our amenities. I’m glad that you enjoyed our morning continental breakfast and hope that you found time to attend our evening wine and cheese reception. We are located very near the Beverly Center for those guests who would like to take in a bit of shopping during their stay with us! It seems like you found time to take advantage of the proximity. We appreciate your review and appreciate your stay with us!

There are newer reviews for Elan Hotel

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The Élan is a moderate sized boutique hotel in a convenient location. You can easily walk to the Beverly Center or Cedar Sinai Hospital. Other attractions such as the Farmers Market, Los Angeles County Art Museum, and the shops on Melrose are just a mile to a mile and a half away. And there are plenty of excellent restaurants within walking distance.

The rooms are well appointed and include a safe. Wifi throughout the facility. We miss having some chairs in the room, but this shortcoming is partly mitigated by the very inviting lobby. The breakfast is continental, and includes hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal and a large selection of breads and pastries. However, the Wolfgang Puck coffee is a little whimpy. I prefer to walk down the street to the Capital Grill for their excellent - no, fantastic - coffee. The late afternoon wine tasting is a nice touch.

We're not crazy about the valet parking so we tend to leave the car parked in the garage and either walk or take public transportation to our destinations whenever possible.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Guests,

We are a 49-Room Boutique conveniently located to so many attractions that Los Angeles has to offer. Whether it is shopping, dining, sightseeing, or nightlife, there is something for everyone! I’m glad that you we able to check out some of them.
We are glad you enjoyed your room and that you felt it was well appointed. Our lobby is great for a social gathering as many guests join us daily for our morning continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception. It’s a great way to meet people from around the world! A very good way to get around Los Angeles is to use public transportation. It’s a great way to see the city while leaving the driving to someone else! Thanks for your review.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

So I've stayed in a few hotels around LA over the last few years, including the nearby Sofitel. So far, I prefer the Elan. Staff were very friendly, and give personal service.

My room was a reasonable size, clean and modern.

Located just down from the Beverly Center, the hotel is well placed with quick access by car to Hollywood, the Grove and obviously Beverly Hills. Being LA you will need a car, and parking is valet only.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Andypf
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I had to attend a wedding in the LA area and chose Elan Hotel for its proximity to my sister's place in West Hollywood. The rates were reasonable, the rooms were well appointed, and I enjoyed the added amenities (complimentary wi-fi, continental breakfast, wine and cheese reception). I also want to give a shout out to Michael Kim at the front desk. I didn't realize how small the room was when I made my reservation for 2 guests. Michael did not hesitate to offer us an upgrade us as soon as a larger room became available. And since we were in and out attending wedding festivities, we didn't even have to worry about our belongings. Michael took care of everything! I used to be a hospitality manager for a 5-star luxury hotel in SF and Michael is definitely the kind of staff you need especially at the front desk. He is friendly and down to earth (refreshing for LA), and seems to really enjoy his work. I enjoyed my stay and Elan will be my go-to hotel for future visits.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kalikal
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

It’s great that the Élan Hotel is in a convenient location to your sister’s apartment in West Hollywood and that you chose our hotel to attend a wedding in the area. I appreciate your mention of the great value that you received for the dollars spent which includes amenities such as our daily continental breakfast, evening wine and cheese reception, and complimentary Wi-Fi. Michael Kim enjoys his job and loves the day to day interaction with our guests from around the globe. I will pass on your comments for all of the staff to read and give Michael Kim special recognition for his excellent custom service! Thanks so much for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife & I stayed at Elan for Valentines Day. The hotel was located within proximity of The El Rey Theater which is where we would be seeing a concert that night. This hotel is small and only 2 stories so if you're expecting a room with a view then keep looking. The entrance is on Beverly blvd and is essentially just curbside valet with no bell service. The lobby is quite nice, check in was a breeze and all the staff especially Arionne were unbelievable. Our room was on the first floor and was very well equipped for a room on the small side. There is a sliding door that leads out to a little walk way and seems to be where people go to smoke. Smoking in your room will cost you $150. The room was well appointed with nice art and furniture much hipper than a standard corporate room. There were plenty of mirrors and hooks and a mini fridge (not stocked). Room service is LAbite.com which is a delivery service that delivers from many restaurants in the area. Every day from 5-7 the lobby offers free wine, cheese & crackers and they are quite liberal with the wine even letting us take an entire bottle to our room as a Valentines gesture. Breakfast is continental (they don't have a kitchen) but gets the job done. The pastries were quite good. We ended up walking to The Grove & Farmers Market for dinner and it was delicious & fun! It's about a 15 minute walk. I like this hotel because of its understated elegance and complimentary things that get frustrating to pay for at other hotels like wifi. Charging for wifi is like charging for water because you took a shower and most hotels don't understand that. Even parking at $24 per night is about 1/2 the price of what other hotels charge in the area. This hotel is in the perfect location if you're going to be an audience member at a CBS television show, have someone at Cedars Sinai medical center, or if you're going to the museums, shopping at The Beverly Center or just celebrity watching on Robertson (Josh Groban was in line with me at The Coffee Bean) then this is the spot. Enjoy!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Matthew L
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Guests,

We are happy to read that you chose the Élan Hotel for your Valentine’s Day getaway. I hope that you and your partner enjoyed the concert at the El Rey Theatre. We are a 49 room boutique hotel with 24-hour Concierge service, curbside Valet service and Bellman. I appreciate your mention of the amenities that we offer such as the morning continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception. Arione will be very happy to read that you mentioned the customer service that she provided during your stay with us. As you mention, our location is one that cannot be beat as we are central to so much of what Los Angeles has to offer. I’m glad that you had time to explore the area and spot a celebrity at the Coffee Bean on Beverly Blvd! We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We have no complaints about this hotel - which is unusual for me. The room was modern and clean, the continental breakfast had a variety of items to choose from, our car was retrieved quickly, everyone was eager to help (even offered assistance when they saw us come back from shopping with an armful of bags), free wifi in the room, a wine and cheese reception everyday that surprised us with the quality of the wine and variety of cheeses, great location - and a room rate that couldn't be beat for given its location and the "newness" of the hotel. We stayed for six nights and booked a package that included free valet parking and a $25 AmEx gift card for each night of our stay. Next time we're in L.A., this is where we'll be staying!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pkubacki
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that the Élan Hotel is the best hotel you have ever stayed at in Los Angeles! Thanks for choosing us for your six night stay. I appreciate you mention of our amenities and the customer service that you experienced during your visit with us as well. The parking package that you selected for your stay with us is very popular. I hope that you were able to take in some shopping at the Beverly Center during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thanks for your review.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I initially was not sure about staying here.

It turns out that I really enjoyed my stay. Rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. The small fridge was great to keep drinks & snacks. I initially thought (like many others) that the 5-7 wine/cheese thing was a gimmick, but I had some each evening and enjoyed in. There is a Target & Walgreens at easy walking distance just down the street. There is also a mall close by with a Macy's which I found convenient. If you are really lazy like I was one evening, there is a Taco Bell directly across the street ; it would not be any closer.

The valet service was quick and efficient. A quick call to the front desk a few minutes before I needed the car was sufficient. Wireless internet was free and fast ; I really liked that.

My only real beef is the lack of a gym or even an agreement with a nearby facility where they could have a few memberships that guests can use.

If you are in LA and need to be close to Beverly Hills & Hollywood, this is a very good location (although as with anything in LA, having a rental car is a must in my opinion)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Roombaguy
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am happy that you enjoyed our amenities as well as our wine and cheese reception. It was nice that you could take in some shopping at Beverly Center during your stay with us as well. I appreciate your mention of the valet parking staff and will pass on your comments for them to read. We agree our location is one that is central to so much of what Los Angeles has to offer. Incidentally, we do have an agreement with a fitness center just two blocks down the street from the Élan Hotel. They offer us daily or weekly passes for a nominal fee and are a good value. Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Downtown
Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
#7 of 352 in Los Angeles

Been to Elan Hotel? Share your experiences!