“Third Time Is A Charm!”

Elan Hotel
Ranked #5 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was my 3rd visit to Elan for purposes of medical appointments at Cedars-Sinai. Each time I've stayed at Elan, the staff and amenities have been consistently excellent. Elan's boutique nature serves as a home away from home for me. The staff, including Joel Majors, General Manager, folks at the front desk, doormen, housekeeping staff, etc., have treated me as a special guest. I've met many other guests at the breakfast bar mornings, evening wine and cheese receptions, relaxing in the nicely appointed lobby (comfortable lounge chairs, sofas, tables and chairs as well as quiet evening lighting and candles on each table). I've kept in touch with some Elan new friends (one in Australia). My room was lovely with king size bed, WiFi connection, mini bar, flat screen TV, etc. The hotel is located close to a variety of shops and eateries, including The Beverly Center. There are many fun areas nearby and I've taken numerous walks, including 3rd street vintage shops and the Farmers Market (3rd and Fairfax). Elan is a gateway to fun and adventure, however, it is its' own treasure as a boutique hotel. I recommend it highly!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments about your recent stay and your mention that it was your third time staying with us! Cedar-Sinai Medical Center is in very close proximity to the hotel which makes it very convenient for our guests. We are happy that we are your “home away from home”. All of our guests are very special to us and we appreciate every one of them. I am glad that you liked our room amenities and the morning continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception. It is fun to talk with other guests and meet people from around the globe. We like being considered the “gateway to fun and adventure” as well. Thanks for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Elan Hotel

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our family recently stayed at this hotel. The staff are exceptionally friendly. The hotel was clean, offered a nice continental breakfast, and was very well located. The parking is valet only. We used our car often and the staff always brought the car

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kim M
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I'll keep this short and sweet: lobby staff very friendly and knowledgable; concierge at front door very obliging and helpful with luggage and car parking; continental breakfast very filling and constantly being topped up; afternoon wine and snacks a lovely touch (with South Australian reds the man drops offered!); very effective air-conditioning on such warm nights; spacious, comfy rooms; close to The Grove shopping centre and both the boulevards and all the tourist sights.
A real gem for tourists. Thanks!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thelonghaul
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I will most likely stay here again when I visit LA. The location is perfect, very central to most everything you would want to see. The lobby of the hotel is very nice. I had trouble finding a place to park while I checked in, the signs for a valet weren't clear. Once you go through the lobby the elevator and hallways are a little worn out and could use some updating. I wasn't sure if I was in the same hotel! The room was small but clean. The bed was very comfortable. My room looked out onto a little atrium but I kept the sliding door locked as I was travelling alone.
There was breakfast in the morning. It was good!
I did have a problem with my bill after I left. They charged me for something from the mini fridge that I definitely didn't take. I called them and it was removed from my bill immediately.
The staff was very nice and polite.
In all, a great find, good deal, comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank MrsMas820
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for mentioning our great location which is central to sightseeing, many great restaurants and nightlife. We do offer valet parking in front of the hotel and there is space available for one to check-in. Over the past year we have upgraded our hallways with new wallpaper and additional artwork. We will also be adding additional artwork this year in 2013. We are happy that you liked our amenities and that you enjoyed our continental breakfast. I will pass on your comments for the staff to read. I appreciate you review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Excellent location, extremely friendly staff and comfortable accomodations.
Loved the 5pm wine and cheese bar.
Beverly Blvd can be a bit loud at night, so careful which room you get.

Quality of staff is worth repeating. Front desk, waitress at cocktail hour, valet - they were all super friendly and attentive.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Joel M, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are happy that we met your expectations however our ultimate goal is to exceed your expectations! We'll work on that for your next stay! :-) Thanks for mentioning our great location. We are very central to so much of what Los Angeles has to offer. I appreciate your mention of our staff. They all enjoy the day to day challenges and interaction with our guests. I will pass on your comments for them to read. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thanks for your review.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed four days at the Elan Hotel at the end of January 2013, and it was one of the high points of our vacation in California. The room that we were given was on the second floor -- it was comfortable, not luxurious but very comfortable; the bed was very comfortable. The service at the front desk was outstanding and the valet service for our rental car was prompt and courteous. The hotel offers a continental breakfast which was included with the price of our room, and it was quite satisfactory (unless you need a hot breakfast). They also serve wine in the lobby in late afternoon; unfortunately, we never came back to the hotel early enough to takeadvantage of it but, one afternoon when we arrived just after the "bar" closed, the front desk person greeted us and had 2 glasses of wine sent up to our room.
The location of the hotel was perfect for our needs, midway between Beverly Hills and Hollywood, with easy access to the Santa Monica Freeway, the San Diego Freewayand Highway 101. Despite its central location, we found it very quiet at night.
We will certainly go back on our next visit to Los Angeles.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are happy that staying at the Élan Hotel was one of the high points of your vacation in California. I appreciate your mention of the service that you received during you stay with us! I am glad that you liked our amenities and was able to enjoy our morning continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception (even though it was in your room).  Thanks for mentioning our great location and the easy access to the major freeways. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The rooms are on the small side and the valet parking is a bit pricey, but everything else about the Elan is first rate. Great, West Hollywood location + friendly, helpful staff (special thanks to Michael Kim) + clean, quiet rooms with firm, comfortable beds + continental breakfast and evening hospitality (decent wine & snacks) make for a very pleasant experience. This was our second stay at the Elan and I'm sure we'll be back for a third.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Downtown
Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
#7 of 353 in Los Angeles

Been to Elan Hotel? Share your experiences!