WINNER WONDERLAND

Elan Hotel
Ranked #5 of 347 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Munich, Germany
“Very nice hotel in good location and with great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Nice hotel near Beverly Center, The room was of good size and the service very good. Breakfast was sufficient and I liked the free wine and cheese at night. The receptionist was really kind and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Hebrew first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed at ELAN for 3 nights and loved everything about it. Small, intimate hotel where the staff know who you are, and go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
Liked - free wifi and computer in the lobby, the wine and cheese each evening, breakfasts, the location, the service.
Disliked - leaving !
Will be ensuring everyone I know who visits LA stays at this fantastic hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jmajorselan, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your three nights with us and that you did not want to leave the Élan Hotel. I’m glad that you enjoyed our amenities and the customer service that you received. Thanks for recommending our boutique hotel to your friends and family. We appreciate your review.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

-Hotel Staff VERY friendly and Super helpful.
-Hotel Room standard size (not small like other reviews have said), clean, great amenities. We stayed on the backside of the hotel as to not hear the traffic on Beverly at night.
-The Wine/Cheese reception was worthwhile. Not cheap wine and great cheeses.
-Location very central to all we wanted to see and do in LA.
-Definitely would stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Request Floor 2 / back side OR inside courtyard
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jmajorselan, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

The Front Desk staff at the Élan Hotel is well trained with knowledge of local restaurants, shopping, sightseeing, directions, and much more. Thanks for recognizing them as they are committed to providing exceptional service. I am glad that you were able to attend the wine & cheese reception. We try to provide a variety of wines from around the globe. The varieties of cheese that we serve are a nice compliment to our wines. Many of the guest especially like bleu cheese and brie. They are actually my favorites as well. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Kind Regards and Safe Travels,

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was my second stay (and review) on Elan Hotel, this time, I've ordered some products only and have requested it to be delivered at the hotel. All my packages except one got delivered. The hotel staff and manager went out of their way to sort out what had happened (the shipping company delivered elsewhere) and helped to locate the package.

The hotel is at a great location, with several dining options and a shopping mall a block away.

The rooms are very clean and have a good size. The internet/wifi had a fast connection.

This is my hotel of choice whenever I'm going to stay in LAX.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bueno75
jmajorselan, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your return visit to the Élan Hotel and are always pleased to be of service to our guests. The staff was very happy that the delivery service was able to track down your missing package for you. Thanks for mentioning our great location and the many great restaurants within minutes of our door. I am glad that you liked your room and the amenities that we offer at the Élan Hotel.. We appreciate that we are your hotel of choice when visiting Los Angeles and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

sedona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at the Elan Hotel nearly one year ago, and wrote an "average" review on Trip Advisor. This was primarily due to the size of the room; the standard King being too small for my boyfriend and I.

The manager, Joel, took the time out of his schedule to call me and discuss my stay; learn more about my overall experience. It was a very positive exchange. He invited me to come back to the Elan and try a Junior King Suite, as he felt these accommodations would better suit my traveling needs. He threw in a couple of perks for further incentive.

Joel was RIGHT! My boyfriend and I LOVED the Junior Suite. The room is spacious, warm and cozy. We loved the room so much, we actually bought dinner and wine at Whole Foods, and dined IN the room one night! The beds are VERY comfortable. We slept in all three mornings. Very quiet. Did not hear anyone.

Our room did face the Courtyard, which also provided a "quiet" experience, as we were not off Beverly Boulevard or the street.

We enjoyed the wine/cheese appetizers one evening. This area off the lobby (front desk) is warm and inviting. Very charming and European in flavor.

The staff, as always, was exceptional. You can tell each one is committed to making your stay comfortable and exceptional. Props to Michael who really took an interest in our visit!

The location is wonderful as many others have expressed. I shopped at the Beverly Center one afternoon; there are a number of good restaurants all within walking distance. We saw Book of Mormon at the Pantages theater. Took us 15 minutes to drive there, with traffic!

I used to live in a Condo in Chicago; a high-rise off Lake Shore Drive. There was a door-man available 24-7 and our cars were valet-parked by amazing attendants. As I was leaving the Elan Hotel our final morning, I realized that the Elan made me feel as I did when I lived in my condo in Chicago: Taken Care Of. I actually felt as if I was “home”.

We are already booking rooms for our next visit in February 2013. We can't wait!

Thanks to everyone at the Elan for making our stay so comfortable. Happy Holidays!

Del Mar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Elan is a lovely, little boutique hotel in a great location with close proximity to Beverly Hills. Relaxing wine and cheese hour in the modern, but comfortable lobby or you can take your wine to the little balcony seating area. Complimentary breakfast to start off your day as well. Many delicious restaurants, as well as the Beverly Center, within walking distance. Rooms are small, but lovely - reminded me of European hotels. Rooms are king or double/double. The double doubles are too small for 4 people - unless the children are young and the adults are on the smaller size. Staff is pleasant. No pool or gym. Free internet access.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Needed a hotel in LAX at the last minute,midnight to be precise on a Friday night and Hotel Elan did not disappoint. Front desk staff could not have been more helpful.They honoured the internet deal we found that was cheaper than they could offer over the phone, the room had everything you needed and more.
Rooms are on the smallish side but are luxuriously furnished and equipped. Free wifi throughout the hotel,towels,bedding etc are top class. Breakfast is provided in the chic foyer ( Vegemite available !) and a wine and cheese hour every afternoon.
All the staff are very helpful and seem genuinely interested in making your stay the best it could be. Good location right near Beverly Centre shopping (and the Sofitel) and loads of great restaurants in West Hollywood. Straight forward drive if you have a car from the airport
Have stayed here before and will again if in LA.
Great boutique hotel, well priced and in a safe central location. Thanks to the staff there for making our stay a great one.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
jmajorselan, General Manager at Elan Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest,
I am glad to read that you are a return guest to the Élan Hotel. We do offer a rewards program if you travel enough to take advantage of the program. Thanks for mentioning our amenities and our customer service. I will pass on your comments for our staff to read. You are right about our location. We are central to most of what Los Angeles has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.