“good, but not quite” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #104 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California
“good, but not quite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

The hotel is really nice, but the rooms seeme alittle overcrowded and smell like an old hotel. The staff wasn´t very friendly. It wasn´t an awful experience, but would think twice before coming back. If service would of been better, I think our experience would of change, for me service is really importtant.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank P P
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Service is also extraordinarily important to me, and I hope you'll accept my apologies for any lacking in service you experienced when you were here. I'm happy to hear that you liked the hotel in general, and I do hope you'll give us another chance to impress you. I'll certainly look into this and share your feedback with our staff -- we're always working to improve and give you a five star experience.

Sai Yang - Director of Sales and Reservations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel because others in the area were booked. The hotel was clean but very outdated. The lobby is very luxurious, with an old glam feel but the rooms are very reminiscent of the 80's and 90's and not in a good way.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Though I'm happy to hear you found everything to be neat and tidy, I'm sorry if the decor left something to be desired. Our property is historic, and we do like to stand out from the chain-hotel crowd. I'll certainly take your feedback into consideration, and I hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in LA.

All the best,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Arrive late after long travel Day. Valet was great. Lobby was very nice. When I asked about possible King bed availability front desk said nobecause purchased on web non specific room.
Single queen bed, very small odd shaped room. Very musty and dust. Linens were very low quality. Bathroom had dead bugs. Very thin walls. Told no other room available. Too tired to get out but left quickly next day. Much nicer hotels in area for much better prices.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Cv007
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Though I'm happy to hear your visit started out well, I'm very sorry that the room was not to your liking. Please accept my apologies for any issues with cleanliness you felt existed -- that is totally unacceptable, and I will be sharing this review with my staff. Of course we would have happily upgraded your room, but that is a vacancy issue over which we have little control. We pride ourselves on maintaining clean, comfortable rooms for our guests, and I assure you that anything to the contrary was not the norm for us -- again, I'm very sorry.

Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here, our room should not have been a room - our window view was a bunch of internal pipes and there was a corridor above us. Going for breakfast in the morning we were told "it will take so long to serve you" - so we skipped that. At one point we spent some time by the pool - but no staff approached us for a coffee or anything - we had to go find them. On our last night we came back from a restaurant to go to the bar for a drink and was told it was shut at 9am - later, in the room, there was no key to the mini-bar. It just feels that whoever owns this hotel has no idea about customer service. It is a pity as it is so well placed.

Room Tip: Make sure that you have a view and that there is no corridor above the room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tannochside
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
I would love additional details from you about this review. Several anecdotes are quite confusing. For example, I'd be interested to know who it was that said it would take a long time to serve you breakfast -- an employee, another guest, etc. In addition, I'm confused about the bar closing at 9AM -- and if there was no key to the mini bar in your room, I hope you thought to request one. Overall, I apologize for what sounds like a frustrating experience for you and your wife. I assure you it is quite frustrating on my end as well, as I feel several of these situations could have been easily remedied and were simply misunderstandings.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

As another customer mentioned, this hotel is very deceiving. The lobby is lovely but rooms are dated, smell musty and generally very bad value for money.
Staff attitude is poor. We were kept awake by another guest until 5am and despite complaining, staff acted as though nothing was wrong because the other guest was a 'celebrity'.
Overall, my stay was a very bad experience and I don't recommend it. I chose to stay elsewhere on my return to the city.

• Stayed October 2013
6 Thank Beeb A
Our property is historic, and the rooms and layout are different from a modern chain hotel. We don't intend this to be deceiving, we're only trying to maintain the integrity of the building. This said, you should have been treated with care by our staff, and I'm very sorry if that didn't happen during your last visit. As for being awoken during the night, we apologize. Some of these things are beyond our control, but I assure you we do our best to promote respectfulness in all our guests. Thank you for your feedback, Beeb, and I do hope you'll consider giving us another chance.

Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

The luxurious lobby and the hotel's location and exterior appearance would make you think this is a classic, luxury hotel. The hotel and particularly the room we stayed in had a 1970s feel, even the toiletries smelled like old, overdone luxury. The bathroom is tiny and the hotel smelled musty. It is, however, a very spacious room with a kitchenette, furnished with silverware, stove, small sink, microwave, etc. Getting to the room involved going up the elevator to the 2nd level, then up and down several sets of 8-9 step stairs...it's like a maze! The gym was very nice. Really, though, the towels were very thin and old feeling. Picked because of its price and location, I had driven by before and was expecting a treat..stayed at "regular chain" hotels with better experiences.

Room Tip: Ask about accessibility to your room, many of them require many steps
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We certainly want to be considered a treat, Listu, and I'm sorry you felt the room was a bit dated. We have restored the property and done extensive renovations, but it is a classic building and still possesses some of its more historic features (like the stairs!). I'm happy to hear that you liked the gym so much and found the room to be spacious and the amenities to be convenient. Your feedback about the toiletries and the towels will be taken into account -- and I appreciate it. I hope we get another chance to impress you during a visit to LA.

Hallandale Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This place is awesome! I'd never been to CA so I wasn't really familiar with the area or the price I should expect. What I think sets the Plaza apart from other hotels is that you can sense immediately that it's not corporate owned. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I got my hair done on-site for a wedding I was going to and Michael at the salon was AMAZING! I will definitely recommend the BHPH to my friends & family who plan to visit LA.

Room Tip: If you choose a Queen size room, opt for the one above standard. It's HUGE! It comes with a kitc...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa H
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
This is excellent to hear, Melissa. Thanks so much for taking the time to share, and I hope we can welcome you back the next time you're in the area. I'm very happy to hear that the staff was friendly and that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Thanks again, and we all look forward to your next visit!

All the best,
Beverly Hills
Hotel Beverly Terrace
Hotel Beverly Terrace
#6 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!