“Great location, great hotel”

Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel
Ranked #103 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Just came back from five days in LA staying at the Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel. The hotel is well kept, clean, nicely appointed and the staff is courteous and helpful. The rooms were cleaned daily and early. There were always enough towels, soaps and other amenities. The location of the hotel was very central for our needs. We were only a short drive to 405, Santa Monica Blvd., LaCienega Blvd and Sunset. Valet parking is available at $20 per night, but there is loads of street parking available as well. If I had any negative comments to make, it would be that the drawers stuck in the dresser-no big deal. I absolutely would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel

Reviewed February 27, 2008

This is a WONDERFUL place! I found this Beverly Hills vintage style hotel on Travelzoo.com, a $109 per night rate and was SO thrilled when we arrived to room #512. The bed was so comfortable. A wonderful couch and sitting area with TV. Nice mini kitchen with coffee, micro, spacious mini fridge, marble bathroom - great shower pressure and very nice toiletries. Great towels and the room was always replenished and kept clean fo us. The valet men were wonderful! They even got things out of my vehicle and brought them to my room after it was put away for the night. Morning room service breakfast was great and not overpriced like so many big hotels have. There is a gorgous pool area and a little hot tub area which fits the hotel perfectly. The hotel is right on Wilshire which makes finding it from any direction easy. There is a little waterfall/koi pond that runs by many rooms and adds a lot of ambiece. Room was very quiet. No odors at all. Front desk staff helped us to book a Movie Star homes tour and gave change, directions with a smile. Can't say enough GOOD things about this place. You can't find a better value in Bev Hills!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank cruiseangel
Reviewed January 16, 2008

A disappointment to say the least. Our room, #633, an "executive suite" was next to a room that at first we suspected was occupied by a permanent resident because of the unsightly accumulation of very large water containers outside the door which was ajar revealing a cluttered mess and several live plants. Live plants in a hotel room? Something didn't seem right. After being disturbed at 3 a.m. with the rattling of dishes, which went on for an hour, we asked the front desk what was going on in the next room and were told that it was being used as a plastic surgeon's overnight recovery room!

This hotel has thin walls, very poor TV reception and you need a map to find the rooms with these directions - "take the elevator to the 2nd floor, then take 3 right turns" but they didn't mention that there were multiple stairways - a virtual labyrinth. Try that while handling your bags. And then we found ourselves next door to a recovery room! This not exactly what we had in mind when we booked a hotel in Beverly Hills.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank sandyagan
Reviewed January 15, 2008

The room was compact but functional. Suite style. Tiny bedroom, efficient lounge are with kitchenette. The rooms open to a terraced series of steps with an artifical stream. Painfully humid. I was afraid of slipping and breaking my neck every step. Someone seemed to be living permanently in the adjacent room. There is valet, but pulling out onto Wilshire is harrowing since you are situated in the middle of a hill just after a curve. After I checked out they charged me for something from the minibar I didn't take. When I disputed the charge, they sent a forged reciept to my credit card company. I hate dishonest hoteliers.

Stayed: October 2007
5  Thank billypete
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Based on my previous experience, I returned for a nine day stay over the Christmas 2007 holiday.

Again, found the hotel clean, staff helpful, room service good, accomodations pleasant and location good for Beverly Hills & Westwood & Century City.

THe update is this: first, they are building some big apartment building across the street. The pile drivers and saws started early...at least up until the day before Christmas. Be aware that this construction looks to be going on for some time to come...though the noise from it will likely deminish as time goes on. However, we found it difficult to stay asleep much beyond 7:30 am on the days they were working (especially true if you open the windows to let in fresh air).

Second, hotel re-habbing is ongoing. THe main lobby area has been closed off. One of the elevators wasn't working. Clearly some rooms were in the process of being re-done. They said they were looking at a copule of months work...then they would be raising their rates to about $375 per room per night (above the very reasonable for location and siize I paid). Still the accomodations were a better bargain than some other suite hotels in the area...but the potential price increase will move it out of the good deal catagory.

Third, when we were there in October, our room had a regular matress that was one of the more comfortable hotel beds my wife and I ever slpet in. This time, we had one of those temperpedic (sp?) matresses...i.e. foam that seems to mold around your body. Far less happy with that...though I am sure some like it. It felt like we were sleeping on sand and also made the bed hot, IMO. Much perferred the old-style matress, this would cause us to reconsider staying there again as we never felt we got a great night sleep.

Fourth, the water pressure in our room was problematic. There were problems, when we mentioned it to the desk they seemed to hop to and get it fixed, but it seems like more problems with water pressure were looming, given the hotel re-habbing.

Overall, we continue to like this hotel. Having a full kitchen available as well as living room and eat-in dinning room for the price we paid in Beverly Hills/Westwood was terrific. We gave it a higher rating the first time we stayed. It is still a good hotel, but price and conditions may reduce its desirability, affordability and many of its good points.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank DCroamer
Reviewed December 3, 2007

I stayed for four nights while doing business in the area. I booked a non-smoking room. My room wasn't ready when I arrived. When the room was ready, the room was a smoking room. There were no non-smoking rooms available until the next night, so I stayed the first night in the smoking room, which smelled like an ash tray. That night a noisy party started up at about 2:00 a.m. I called the front desk, and after about an hour a security guard shut down the party. The next three nights I stayed in a non-smoking room. The carpet was filthy and stained, so much so that I didn't go barefoot in the room! On the positive side, the front desk staff, and the restaurant/bar staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed October 8, 2007

when booking this trip all the hotels in the area were way over $400 a nite. my friend who we were visiting suggested this hotel. it was wonderful for the price. the rooms were large with kitchenette and small living room. the pool was gorgeous-very old hollywood. right in the middle of everywhere we wanted to go. some bad things were that to get a king bed was alot more money. the front desk staff, while friendly, is not very knowledgable about the area and not the most professional, but they were ok. the hotel is going through some renovations right now, but nothing that would really ruin your stay. if you are looking for an inexpensive, decent and very convenient hotel, this is your place. if you are looking for atmosphere, this is probably not for you.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
#118 of 353 in Los Angeles
Hilgard House Hotel
Hilgard House Hotel
#149 of 353 in Los Angeles

Been to Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!