“Don't be fooled by pretty lobby, musty old low quality room.”

Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel
Ranked #102 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Arrive late after long travel Day. Valet was great. Lobby was very nice. When I asked about possible King bed availability front desk said nobecause purchased on web non specific room.
Single queen bed, very small odd shaped room. Very musty and dust. Linens were very low quality. Bathroom had dead bugs. Very thin walls. Told no other room available. Too tired to get out but left quickly next day. Much nicer hotels in area for much better prices.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Cv007
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Though I'm happy to hear your visit started out well, I'm very sorry that the room was not to your liking. Please accept my apologies for any issues with cleanliness you felt existed -- that is totally unacceptable, and I will be sharing this review with my staff. Of course we would have happily upgraded your room, but that is a vacancy issue over which we have little control. We pride ourselves on maintaining clean, comfortable rooms for our guests, and I assure you that anything to the contrary was not the norm for us -- again, I'm very sorry.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here, our room should not have been a room - our window view was a bunch of internal pipes and there was a corridor above us. Going for breakfast in the morning we were told "it will take so long to serve you" - so we skipped that. At one point we spent some time by the pool - but no staff approached us for a coffee or anything - we had to go find them. On our last night we came back from a restaurant to go to the bar for a drink and was told it was shut at 9am - later, in the room, there was no key to the mini-bar. It just feels that whoever owns this hotel has no idea about customer service. It is a pity as it is so well placed.

Room Tip: Make sure that you have a view and that there is no corridor above the room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tannochside
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

I would love additional details from you about this review. Several anecdotes are quite confusing. For example, I'd be interested to know who it was that said it would take a long time to serve you breakfast -- an employee, another guest, etc. In addition, I'm confused about the bar closing at 9AM -- and if there was no key to the mini bar in your room, I hope you thought to request one. Overall, I apologize for what sounds like a frustrating experience for you and your wife. I assure you it is quite frustrating on my end as well, as I feel several of these situations could have been easily remedied and were simply misunderstandings.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

As another customer mentioned, this hotel is very deceiving. The lobby is lovely but rooms are dated, smell musty and generally very bad value for money.
Staff attitude is poor. We were kept awake by another guest until 5am and despite complaining, staff acted as though nothing was wrong because the other guest was a 'celebrity'.
Overall, my stay was a very bad experience and I don't recommend it. I chose to stay elsewhere on my return to the city.

• Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank Beeb A

Our property is historic, and the rooms and layout are different from a modern chain hotel. We don't intend this to be deceiving, we're only trying to maintain the integrity of the building. This said, you should have been treated with care by our staff, and I'm very sorry if that didn't happen during your last visit. As for being awoken during the night, we apologize. Some of these things are beyond our control, but I assure you we do our best to promote respectfulness in all our guests. Thank you for your feedback, Beeb, and I do hope you'll consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The luxurious lobby and the hotel's location and exterior appearance would make you think this is a classic, luxury hotel. The hotel and particularly the room we stayed in had a 1970s feel, even the toiletries smelled like old, overdone luxury. The bathroom is tiny and the hotel smelled musty. It is, however, a very spacious room with a kitchenette, furnished with silverware, stove, small sink, microwave, etc. Getting to the room involved going up the elevator to the 2nd level, then up and down several sets of 8-9 step stairs...it's like a maze! The gym was very nice. Really, though, the towels were very thin and old feeling. Picked because of its price and location, I had driven by before and was expecting a treat..stayed at "regular chain" hotels with better experiences.

Room Tip: Ask about accessibility to your room, many of them require many steps
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

We certainly want to be considered a treat, Listu, and I'm sorry you felt the room was a bit dated. We have restored the property and done extensive renovations, but it is a classic building and still possesses some of its more historic features (like the stairs!). I'm happy to hear that you liked the gym so much and found the room to be spacious and the amenities to be convenient. Your feedback about the toiletries and the towels will be taken into account -- and I appreciate it. I hope we get another chance to impress you during a visit to LA.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This place is awesome! I'd never been to CA so I wasn't really familiar with the area or the price I should expect. What I think sets the Plaza apart from other hotels is that you can sense immediately that it's not corporate owned. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I got my hair done on-site for a wedding I was going to and Michael at the salon was AMAZING! I will definitely recommend the BHPH to my friends & family who plan to visit LA.

Room Tip: If you choose a Queen size room, opt for the one above standard. It's HUGE! It comes with a kitc...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa H
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

This is excellent to hear, Melissa. Thanks so much for taking the time to share, and I hope we can welcome you back the next time you're in the area. I'm very happy to hear that the staff was friendly and that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Thanks again, and we all look forward to your next visit!

All the best,

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We just returned from eight fabulous nights at the Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel. Once again, this beautiful boutique hotel did not disappoint. We once again chose apartment 405, which is in the main part of the hotel, and very quiet, being a corner apartment away from the traffic of either Wilshire Blvd. or Comstock Avenue. As always, the apartment was impeccibly clean, spacious, and the newly upgraded windows and king sized bed and leather headboard, allowed us a quiet week+; a haven from the hectic pace of events we had to attend in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles. Thank you to Tim Iceley for making sure everything in the apartment was perfect for us, as well as assuring the availability of this particular apartment! We love all the staff here, from the valets and housekeeping, to the wonderful front desk staff. We highly recommend this hotel to you. I have been staying here for 20 years. The hotel is constantly upgraded/freshened up, and I love getting a huge apartment with full kitchen, dining room, jacuzzi bathtub, etc., for the price of a hotel room anywhere else. There are two separate buildings for the Beverly Hills Plaza. Yes, the one and two bedroom LUXURY suites in the main hotel are more expensive than the junior suites in the second part of the hotel, but they are WORTH it! LUXURY SUITE says it all. We will return again and again and again......

Room Tip: Ask for one of the apartments on the South side of the swimming pool, which are away from the street...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Your recommendation means so much to us, and I can't thank you enough for sharing this thoughtful review. Your loyalty is appreciated more than you know, and we look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come. Thank you again, and we hope to see you very soon!

All the best,

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing time we had here. We also celebrated my husband's birthday and the restaurant was very helpful. Staff competent & friendly. Excellent amenities. A short away from Century City Mall & the ultra luxurious Rodeo Drive walk of style. They offer complimentary shuttle around the golden triangle (a few miles around the hotel) we were dropped off for our trip to Rodeo drive & to the mall. It would be great to have a proper shower though instead of a shower in a bath arrangement they currently have.

Stayed: October 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and we're honored that you celebrated your husband's birthday with us. It's wonderful to hear that the staff was helpful, and that you were able to take advantage of our location. I'm sorry you didn't like the shower and bath tub combination -- we will of course take your feedback into account. I hope you'll come visit us again the next time you're in Beverly Hills!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills
Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills
#14 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!