“Luxurious Beverly Hills”

Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel
Ranked #103 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing time we had here. We also celebrated my husband's birthday and the restaurant was very helpful. Staff competent & friendly. Excellent amenities. A short away from Century City Mall & the ultra luxurious Rodeo Drive walk of style. They offer complimentary shuttle around the golden triangle (a few miles around the hotel) we were dropped off for our trip to Rodeo drive & to the mall. It would be great to have a proper shower though instead of a shower in a bath arrangement they currently have.

Stayed: October 2013
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and we're honored that you celebrated your husband's birthday with us. It's wonderful to hear that the staff was helpful, and that you were able to take advantage of our location. I'm sorry you didn't like the shower and bath tub combination -- we will of course take your feedback into account. I hope you'll come visit us again the next time you're in Beverly Hills!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The whole experience was amazing. We stayed for our 25th anniversary and when checking in, we were asked if were celebrating anything. When told, we were upgraded to a suite and on our last night, we received a complimentary cake from the hotel, which was a thoughtful touch.
The cleanliness was fantastic and the staff extremely helpful, in fact went out of their way to help.
Had a meal one night in the hotel and this again was wonderful, with a band providing background entertainment.
Great location for getting to Hollywood and Universal Studios and Rodeo Drive is just across the road.
Would definitely recommend this hotel but if you are on a budget be careful when ordering drinks in the bar - 36 dollars for 2 glasses of wine.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KayM0001

Thank you for this excellent review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we're honored that you celebrated your anniversary with us. I'm glad we were able to make it a little more special with a suite upgrade and a little something sweet to eat on your final night. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and comfort of our suites, and I'm very happy to hear that you found everything to be tidy and were impressed with the staff. I hope you'll come back to see us again the next time you're celebrating -- we look forward to having you!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We wanted a stopover after a long flight from Sydney to Los Angeles, and before we had a shorter flight to Miami, so we booked two nights at the Plaza. Just like last time, we had a great stay. Our flight arrived to LAX very early (around 7am) and after the interminable wait at customs and immigration, we made our way out to the Plaza by 1030. We expected to drop our bags and go find breakfast, but were able to check in -- terrific.

We had a comfortable deluxe room in the western wing (room 610), near the jacuzzi. The bedroom was quiet, and the lounge area filled with the sounds of the little waterfall nearby. The rooms themselves are rather old fashioned and plush, but everything works perfectly, and the room was spotless. Our only minor complaint was noise from above: the floorboards creak perilously - at one point, we feared the guest above us would tumble through! Fortunately the noise was kept to a minimum overnight.

Hotel location is good, on the bus route between Santa Monica and downtown. We didn't rent a car on this occasion, but took a taxi from LAX (around $45), then used the bus to visit the pier and beach, and to pop into Beverly Hills proper. It was all very easy and convenient. There's little in the way of shops or restaurants near the hotel, but plenty a short bus ride (or a 20-25 minute walk) away.

Staff were all very friendly, welcoming and hospitable and made us feel right at home.

We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Probably if you want a quieter room, ask for one away from the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm so happy to hear that your stay was such a success and that you'll be back to see us again in the future. It sounds like you were happy with your room, the service, and the location, which is wonderful to hear. Regarding the floorboards, I apologize if noise issues detracted from your comfort in any way. Please know we are working diligently on getting these issues resolved, and sound-proofing the floors is a top-priority project for us. We hope to have all of this work completed by the end of this year. As always, we'll shoot for complete perfection during your next visit — please let us know if we achieve it!

Looking forward to next time,

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The front desk staff was very friendly and did everything they could to accomodate you and provide you with any extra requests. Actually, the entire staff of the hotel were very friendly.
I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front may be a little noisy due to the traffic on Wilshire Blvd but it did not bother m...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

It's wonderful to hear this. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and I will be sure to pass this along to the entire staff. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

All the best,

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I called the hotel from the road, since I have an accent Mr Randy thought it was a prank phone call he told me that he couldn't check my reservation with my last name! He said that I need a reservation #, I told him I was driving he simply refused to check the info for me! Simply rude, humiliating and unprofessional. After "seemingly" checking he said that I didn't have a reservation, go figure. Other than that the hotel was almost perfect and everybody else was very professional and helpful. We stayed there 08/19 & 20/2013 in room 630. We'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

It's a good thing that your stay with us was so close to perfect, because we really felt terrible about the misunderstanding before your arrival! I sincerely apologize for that miscommunication on the phone, and I'm so relieved that everything got sorted out and that the remainder of your stay was comfortable and the staff was professional. I look forward to having you back again soon and please contact me directly so that we truly can perfect your experience!

Sai Yang - Director of Sales and Recreation

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Reserv. pd. ahead. Day before credit c. stolen & had 2 cancel it. At check in clerk wanted a c. c. 4 incidentals & I didn't have 1 & was asked twice how much money did I have in my pocket by front desk Frank? I felt it was rude. Next the reserv. mgr, Sai, stated I needed a c. c. & I explained & was asked the same question about cash. Guests were around & it was embarrassing. Finally I gave $500 & $2,000 the next day. They looked at me like I was nothing. I had requested a quiet room on a high floor because I was starting a new job. I got to the room 2 c the minibar being rolled out & a room that was noisey. I was so upset that I called my trip planner who spoke w/general mgr., Zair, who next day moved me 2 a new room w/o a minibar. Later I ordered room service & after it arrived was told that I had 2 pay. I stated the hotel had $2500 of my money & was refusing 2 allow the restaurant 2 get paid $19 for a meal! My planner spoke 2 a clerk who stated he couldn't allow the meal 2 be paid 4 & she suggested he call g.m. After waiting she called him back & he stated it was taken care of & the "notes" weren't clear. I was so glad 2 leave this place that my checkout was done by my planner who Reserv. mgr. stated needed a signed letter from me 2 return my cash balance & room inspection 4 any damages. Even after I gave the front desk the note she left instructions 4 me 2 sign it again in front of them. After 3 weeks I was happy to leave & my checkout took over 1 hour because front desk couldn't do the checkout correctly, housekeeping had to inspect my room & they had charged me twice 4 Internet on 1 day. No apologies & very rude service. Also, they wanted a misc. charge slip for $2500 signed instead of a refund slip for $2271.39 after my incidental charges.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JabaJ
bhplaza, Manager at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

I'm very sorry that there were complications with your reservation and your incidentals. As you've probably concluded, we generally hold a Credit Card for incidentals. Most CC companies overnight a new card immediately upon cancellation due to theft, thus it is quite unusual for our guests to request a cash-only incidentals policy.

That said, there is no excuse for anyone on staff to be rude to any of our guests, and I sincerely apologize if that was the case. This situation aside, I hope you were able to enjoy the property.

Take care,
Sai Yang - Director of Sales and Recreation

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is great for the pice but not quite what I would have expected for "the plaza". We upgraded to the king luxury suite by the pool. Rooms were large but old and kind of stuffy. Kitchen was absolutely nothing special but the bathroom and bedroom was very nice with French doors opening to Wilshire. Pool was pretty and quiet. Shampoo products were crap. Ok for one or two nights but wouldn't want to stay longer. We had just came from the Beverly Hilton and would much rather stay there, they welcome u back every time u arrive, they give u complimentary water in your car, service is great and rooms were beautiful and large. Also the plaza offers NO free wifi the Beverly Hilton at least offers it free in the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our property. I'm happy to hear that you were pleased with the suite and that you were able to relax at the pool!

As for the elements of your stay that were less satisfactory, I certainly apologize, and I encourage you to give us another shot next time you're in the neighborhood. We're consistently making upgrades and continually taking into account the requests and comments of our guests in hopes of improving your overall experience. I hope to have you back again soon — I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Thanks again,

Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills
Century Park Hotel
Century Park Hotel
#111 of 354 in Los Angeles

Been to Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!