“More Than We Expected!”

and up
Tour of Los Angeles, Hollywood and Beverly Hills
Ranked #8 of 252 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Legends Of Hollywood Tour is a state of the art multimedia tour of Hollywood & Beverly Hills. We travel in a luxurious Mercedes Benz Sprinter equipped with a 32" HDTV flat screen monitor with high end audio. Our tour focuses on Hollywood's legendary stars, past and present. Stars from all sectors of the entertainment world will be featured with a montage of film clips, theme songs, locations, photographs, stories, history, sound effects and more. Our emphasis is on television tales, movie moments and musical memories.40 Celebrity homes * 30 TV, Movie and Rock-n-Roll locations * 20 Crime, scandal and tragedy sites * famous landmark.Complimentary water.
Hingham, Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“More Than We Expected!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I are in our 50's and our nephew is 16. The three of us really enjoyed this tour. It is long, but we enjoyed every minute. Even our nephew liked it! We have done other LA tours and they can be fun if the driver is good. With the big tour operators, you never know if you are going to get a good driver or not. This is a one driver company, so you always get the same guy, Mark. He is simply sensational. By the end of the tour you will get his whole life story and his opinions on a wide range of topics. But it is all done in a humorous, self-deprecating way and is thoroughly enjoyable.

Mark will tell you a few times during the tour that he really enjoys this business and he proves it over and over again with his mastery of local history, especially the filming history of certain movies shot in LA neighborhoods. He would show you a scene from a movie on his TV screen inside the bus, then point to the house where the scene was filmed. The other thing that was unexpected was leading us on foot through the Hollywood Boulevard Walk of Fame. He had lots of interesting facts to share about the stars and handprints on the sidewalk.

He finished the tour with the run around Bevery Hills showing us the houses of the rich and famous. On his TV screen he would show us the aerial view of a house to illustrate how massive it was despite its small appearance from the curb. Nice touch.

Two things sum up this tour: it is long and comprehensive and it has an outstanding driver/tour leader. I highly recommend this tour.

georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Stop your looking for a great tour. This is it!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Mark is a pleasure to tour with. His experience and knowledge of the area is impeccable. You ride in a Mercedes coach, very comfy, with about 6-8 other passengers. This is a real VIP experience. Mark gives a lot of insight into whats behind the gates and bushes as you know most places are very secluded. Mark knows the vantage points that only small vehicles can access to allow you to see the most of the stars homes. He is funny and entertaining himself. This is a classy tour, you don't feel like a gawking tourist while riding in his Limo/bus. This is a great value for the money. Have some fun and beat the crowds by booking this tour.

Visited September 2012
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
“Bravo!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I love movies!! They take me to another place and let me feel, desire, hope and want all in one sitting—a complete exercise of the emotions!! A perfect venue to live in another world minus having to go anywhere!! Movies allow me to moonlight another life and live elsewhere for a while. It would only make sense that such a love for movies would make one yearn for a view into what these vessels into another world and those who participate are comprised. It is here I have procrastinated. I was fearful that the view into L.A and all it offers would detract from my assumptions. But, however and alas, after six years of living in SoCal I finally gave into the need-to-know and took my first Hollywood tour. And, I’m happy to report my passion for the cinema has only intensified. Not because I took a tour, no, because I had the good fortune to tour with Mike!!
Like a sip of Malbec accompanied with warm, soft white bread and cool butter just before the waiter returns with the a steak entre (ribeye, rare) or the penetrating warmth the sun offers as it cuts through a cool winter morning frost, there’s sheer anticipation of what follows. Mike is an entrepreneur who has the good sense and luck of doing something he really appears to enjoy; sharing the L.A. experience. And, in Hollywood fashion he’s a dedicated performer.
Upon introductions at the coffee shop, he immediately becomes an old friend (waxing those hard earned social skills that typically keep us guarded and tight) as he strikes up the relationship necessary to earn enough trust necessary to be your host for the journey ahead. This is a journey that quickly pulls you, the viewer, away and into… the magic of L.A. For four and a half hours your imagination will be taken through the paces. You’ll touch upon a life time of movie memories, media and news that are extrapolated up from the recesses of your mind for further examination and dialogue and before they can simmer, yet another drawer is opened. It’s exhilarating and exhausting. Like a buffet of gourmet food you’re afraid to over indulge in one area as you know you need to have room for the next. But you won’t, you can’t… As soon as the van pulls away from the curb you’re pulled into Mike’s “show” and but seconds (it seemed like seconds) later you’re safely delivered back again. “But wait, stop, no!!” “It can’t be over!!” But it is and you can’t indulge another calorie of trivia. You’re full. You have no more room. Your mind was taken for a journey that will need much time to digest. And like and good Hollywood production, Mike leaves the viewer wanting to return. No worries, have a dissert at one of the eateries in the market.

Well done Mike. Take a bow!! …well be back.

Los Angeles, California
“Good tour”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Mark has worked out a packed tour. Includes not only celebrities, but a good bit of LA overview as well. It is long - and it says so as you make the reservations, so that should not be viewed as a negative. He speaks throughout, but there was room to ask any/all questions. Small touches like water and offers to take oictures were appreciated

Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Moncton, Canada
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Good tour, but not what I expected”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I went on this tour in July when we were visiting LA for a couple of days. This was my first trip to LA, although my husband had been there before. I am a fan of all things film so I was very excited about going on this tour after reading great reviews on Trip Advisor, and reading the explanation of the tour on Mark's website. Because this was my first trip I wanted to be sure to see the high points (Hollywood sign, Walk of Fame, Chinese Theatre), and didn't want to get caught up on a "hokey" TMZ-type tour to get these things in. Mark's tour seemed like a great fit. We also have lots of experience with tours in big cities (you can see my profile) and our choices are usually bang on. We were picked up at the Marriott for an afternoon tour, which I was actually able to get changed from our original plan to meet at the farmer's market by texting Mark day of the tour (which was probably for the best as we were told that parking at the market that day - a Saturday - was bad). We were disappointed when Mark was about 30 minutes late picking us up at the hotel. He did call us to let us know that he was running late, but we did not have our cell phone on as we were traveling from out of the country. The first part of the tour was good; he did a nice job of speaking about downtown LA, and bringing us to places that are architecturally unique (stuff that we find interesting!). The next disappointment was when Mark told us that he is no longer able to get to his "best spot" for pictures of the Hollywood sign. If you go on the website for this tour, there are lots of pictures of happy tourists, with stellar pictures of them with the sign. BE WARNED; you are no longer able to get this picture. We ended up at the look out point that every other tour goes to to take pictures, which means it is very crowded and the view to the sign is not that great. The section of the tour where we stopped to get out on Hollywood and Highland was the highlight. Walking through the Roosevelt Hotel, visiting the Dolby Theatre where they host the Oscars, and seeing the Chinese Theatre were awesome! Mark was truly in his glory when he was doing this part of the tour, and offered great guidance for the hand/footprints to see, special stories, as well as ideal photo ops. The rest of the tour, until getting back to the market, was in the van. Although we did get to see iconic parts of the city, like Rodeo Drive and Beverly Hills, we were not all that into the celebrity homes part. It is understandable that Mark must include this in his tour as the competition in the area must be high, however, it was not our style. Next, because we were picked up downtown, we were given an hour at the Farmer's Market to "shop around". This was a surprise; we did not realize that this was how it would work. My husband and I decided to go to a pub down the road for a pint before re-joining the other two people who were picked up downtown too. By this time, we were about 5 hours into the tour (5 and a half if you count being picked up late), and had a dinner reservation to get to. Overall, the tour got us to places that we wanted to go, but some of the tour did not fit with our ideal tour style. There is a lot of driving (unavoidable in a city like LA, I understand), and it seemed that he was trying to fit too much into the time allotted for the tour. I would be very interested if he offered a walking tour of parts of the city in the future, or covered less ground in less time. LA is vast and sprawling, it is difficult to do it justice in such a small window of time, but Mark did his best.

Visited July 2013