“A lovely period house in a great LA location”
Living Room Living room
Rustic bedroom
Bedroom
Kitchen
Front house with lawn
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Edducros
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“A lovely period house in a great LA location”
Reviewed November 1, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed with our teenage son and daughter. We liked the pool (the garden is more mature than shown in the picture) and the patio area outside the house has a large table with chairs and sun loungers. The house is impressive; timber framed with lovely kitchen and dining area/lounge. 3 very large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and use of the large garage. It's a great location to get to just anywhere in LA, we did Santa Monica, Venice, Universal, Malibu and plenty of time surfing at Mission Beach. Great communications with Frank, the owner who gave prompt replies to all of our queries. Would we rent again? Yes!

Liked best: Kitchen and Lounge area
Liked least: Some of the window and door catches were worn - maybe i'm too security conscious!
Traveling group: Teenagers
Large groups
Encino, New Mexico
Reviewed June 26, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spacious airy setting.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Large groups People with pets
Jul 7, 2016
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed you and your family.It was a real joy just to come to the house and engage in conversation with you and your husband and family. It is the little things in life that make one happy. Every once in awhile I have guests who I can now call friends. Please come back and visit soon. Take good care Frank
mcgraw201...
Edmonton, Canada
“FANTASTIC HOME”
Reviewed June 11, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Great home in a quiet area of L.A.... Private, clean and well taken care of. Rented house for a bachelorette party...accomodated 8 ladies with no issues (enough beds, mirrors, and bathrooms). Owner is great and easy to contact. Highly recommend.

Traveling group: Friends
Jul 7, 2016
So glad you had a great time. Please come back and stay whenever you like.
Take care
robstace
Portland, Oregon
“Fantastic Home in Great Area!”
Reviewed April 22, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

My family and I recently stayed a week at this wonderful, cozy home. First, let me say that the owner, Frank, could not have been more accommodating. He met us at the house, gave us the grand tour, then spent some time giving us tips on where to go and what to see. We really appreciated his personal attention. He’s a very warm and fun guy.

The home is located on a very large, one acre, lot on a quiet and peaceful, tree-lined street in an upper middle-class, safe area. The area is very convenient to the major attractions i.e., Hollywood, restaurants, shopping, beaches, parks, etc.

The house was very well appointed throughout with nice antiques and art pieces. Everything was extremely clean and neat. There is a great pool and lovely garden area, too.

All in all, it was a fabulous experience for all of us to relax and enjoy our time in L.A. This was a real value for us compared to other places we have stayed. Highly recommended!

Liked best: Comfort and location
Traveling group: Extended Family
Large groups People with pets
Apr 25, 2016
I am so glad you and your family enjoyed the coziness and serenity of the house and grounds. Please come back and visit soon.
Kind Regards
david G
st catharines
“acceptable but probably would not recommend”
Reviewed January 21, 2016 for a stay in October 2015

Travelled here late October of 2015.

Being at the tail end of our trip, we decided to rent a home for a few days where we could relax around a pool for a reasonable price. LA is an expensive place, and you get what you pay for.

I did not do too much home work before I went to LA. The house is a little out of the ways for touristy things and there is not all that much to do in the area.

The pool was in a shaded area so despite the 80 degree weather it was absolutely freezing so I was sort of disappointed.

I did not like the message on the shower about being charged more if we don't keep our showers under 2 minutes. As a guest at a hotel I would assume that wouldn't be an issue.

The house had a scent to it that took some getting used too.

The owner was friendly and informative about the area, the residence was clean in a ok neighbourhood.

There was miscommunication with the payment. I was under the impression we had agreed upon a flat rate in cash. After he received my deposit I was told about the 125 dollar cleaning fee, the taxes and the damage deposit. I felt I had to pay seeing as he already had 50 percent in a deposit.

I asked him about refunding the cleaning fee as we used only one bedroom in the whole residence, didn't use the back yard, didn't really use the living room or kitchen as we were always out and about. He informed me he would ask the maid and get back to me and never did which I didn't really appreciate. So something I rented for use of a pool and to save some money ultimately was a poor choice because of the location, the fees I wasn't aware of, and the very cold pool I sort of wish I just got a hotel in Hollywood or BH.

To conclude, a nice clean house but not for a couple who are tourists, maybe for a large family.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Feb 12, 2016
Hi David
I am glad you enjoyed your stay in LA. Unfortunately I cannot control the heat of the pool and did specify in the contract that the pool is cooler in the Fall and Winter. As you know, California is having the worst drought in 15 years. The Water Company has asked everyone to do their part to reduce water usage. I have passed that recommendation on to the consumer. The note on the showers is a suggestion only to take shorter showers. There was never any mention of any kind of charge. That would literally be impossible to know how much water a guest used. Regarding payment, a contract was sent to you before you booked explaining all standard charges regarding cleaning fee, taxes etc. You were in possession of the contract several weeks before you arrived.. The housekeeper charges me a flat rate to clean the entire house. Just because you only used one bathroom does not mean she charges me less. Per your request however, I did ask if she would lower her fee. She charged me the same rate regardless. An email was sent to you on Nov 3rd as a courtesy. You also might remember I charged you half of my standard rental rate of the house because you were on your Honeymoon and at the end of your trip. . I can confidently guarantee you that a hotel in Beverly Hills or West Hollywood would of been double the rate I offered you.. I have been doing this business for over 12 years. I have some of the best rates on the internet. I offer a great product at a great rate for a three bedroom house.
Kind Regards
vsairaman
“affordable homely place close to attractions; Good for a quick stay.”
Reviewed August 13, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Pros:
1. Frank (owner) is super responsive and helpful
2. Accommodation is fair priced.
3. Good for children, there is a pool in the back
4. no issues with parking
5. Good connectivity (phone/internet) overall
6. Close to groceries, shopping, food
7. Very quiet and a good place to kick back and relax, watch a movie or read a book :)
Cons
1. It get s a little hot on summer nights and the AC is not every effective.
2. The cleaning is not great,. we found a lot of things had dirt, dust and rust accumulated.
3. The sheets were OKee, but kinda old.
4. The windows had a lot of cobwebs and my wife was allergic to them. not a really bad issue, but something to keep in mind.

Traveling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Gouda, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 23, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and house size.
Liked least: Nothing !
Traveling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Jun 6, 2015
Hi Emma
I so much enjoyed your family. I am so glad you all had a great time and loved the house.
I am also very happy that your son Ben had an opportunity to play director for the day. It makes me happy that is a memory he will always cherish. Please come back and visit anytime.
Take good care
Frank
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing