“Home Away from Home”
Rustic bedroom
Bedroom
Kitchen
Front house with lawn
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

SimplyXtr...
Calgary, Canada
“Home Away from Home”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Loved our visit to LA area this summer! Of all the properties we considered we chose Frank’s getaway because he earned our trust right from the start with his warm and genuine demeanor.
The house was much larger than we actually needed but since we felt so comfortable renting from Frank it was a no brainer where we would stay for our 9 day vacation. The property offered all we were looking for… central location to all local attractions, large treed private property, lovely pool, quiet, serene area where the birds serenade you all day long not to mention how safe we felt there. The house had all we needed to make us feel at home. We even had the pleasure of meeting Frank in person who was as heartwarming as we expected he would be and very attentive to the odd minor housekeeping issues that arose. It was a memorable vacation and largely due to the fond memories we took away from Frank’s Rustic Getaway. I hope you get the opportunity to experience it too !

Liked best: Location although still private & quiet
Liked least: Having to leave!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 28, 2014
I am so glad the house worked out perfectly for you. It certainly worked out perfectly for me as I now have some new friends.
It is a wonderful bonus of this business that every once in awhile you meet someone who you can share morning coffee, a little evening vino and a lot of laughs. I am lucky to have had the experience.
Come back and visit real soon.
Wood River, Illinois
Reviewed July 11, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Dec 19, 2014
Thanks so much for your stay. Please come back and visit anytime.
San Francisco
Reviewed April 27, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Apr 27, 2014
I am so glad the house worked perfectly for you. Please come back and stay anytime.
CA
Reviewed April 26, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Apr 26, 2014
Hi Randi
I am so glad the house worked out for you and your family. I enjoyed chatting with both your Mom and Dad and enjoyed watching the kids have such a good in the pool.
To me this business is also about relationships so It's always a bonus to meet wonderful people.
Thank you for your very kind review. That means a lot to me.
Please have your family come back soon.
Howard L
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“This Is the LA I Remember From My Youth”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

I am technically not an Angeleno. I was supposed to grow up there, and much of my family is from and still there. For that reason, I've gone back and forth to LA, and lived there for short periods on and off since 1955 until today. Much of today's LA is something that only vaguely reminds me of what I knew as a kid. Frank's house is the kind of country-ish place that very much evokes the past I fondly remember. Lots of wood, dark leather furniture, exposed ceiling beams, an average swimming pool, even a brick oven. Best of all, Frank's house is on a little trafficked street of relatively unassuming but spacious houses that begs to be strolled up and down on a warm LA day/night. Good for me, but perhaps not perfect for all is the fact that the house is located in Van Nuys, a 7 minute walk from LA Fitness and a 5 minute drive to my daughter and soon to be son-in-law's house. Is the place perfect? Not for the person who seeks the modern LA of today/tomorrow , or the person who wants to be right in the middle of the glitzy side of LA, but for someone who wants to get a taste of a very real side of LA, then I very highly recommend Frank's place.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and old LA feel.
Liked least: Some bright lights made the bedroom a tad too light.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Apr 20, 2014
Hi Howard
I am so glad you got a real taste of the LA you used to know. Please come back and visit anytime.
Orlando
Reviewed April 17, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Apr 17, 2014
I enjoyed meeting you and your group. Please come back and visit anytime.
Finland
Reviewed March 27, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
Mar 27, 2014
Hi Marcus
It was great to meet you and your friends. I am so glad you had a wonderful experience. Please come back and visit anytime.
Frank
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing