“This Is the LA I Remember From My Youth”
Living Room Living room
Rustic bedroom
Bedroom
Kitchen
Front house with lawn
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Howard L
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“This Is the LA I Remember From My Youth”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

I am technically not an Angeleno. I was supposed to grow up there, and much of my family is from and still there. For that reason, I've gone back and forth to LA, and lived there for short periods on and off since 1955 until today. Much of today's LA is something that only vaguely reminds me of what I knew as a kid. Frank's house is the kind of country-ish place that very much evokes the past I fondly remember. Lots of wood, dark leather furniture, exposed ceiling beams, an average swimming pool, even a brick oven. Best of all, Frank's house is on a little trafficked street of relatively unassuming but spacious houses that begs to be strolled up and down on a warm LA day/night. Good for me, but perhaps not perfect for all is the fact that the house is located in Van Nuys, a 7 minute walk from LA Fitness and a 5 minute drive to my daughter and soon to be son-in-law's house. Is the place perfect? Not for the person who seeks the modern LA of today/tomorrow , or the person who wants to be right in the middle of the glitzy side of LA, but for someone who wants to get a taste of a very real side of LA, then I very highly recommend Frank's place.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and old LA feel.
Liked least: Some bright lights made the bedroom a tad too light.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Apr 20, 2014
Hi Howard
I am so glad you got a real taste of the LA you used to know. Please come back and visit anytime.
Orlando
Reviewed April 17, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Apr 17, 2014
I enjoyed meeting you and your group. Please come back and visit anytime.
Finland
Reviewed March 27, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Older travelers Rugged travelers
Mar 27, 2014
Hi Marcus
It was great to meet you and your friends. I am so glad you had a wonderful experience. Please come back and visit anytime.
Woodland Hills
Reviewed January 7, 2014 for a stay in November 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Jan 7, 2014
I am so glad you had a great experience. Please come back and visit anytime.
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 2, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

People with disabilities Older travelers
Dec 2, 2013
Hi Frenchy
I am so glad you liked the house. I hope it was as nice as the south of France. Well, maybe the weather and the wine.
Please come back and visit anytime.
Morristown
Reviewed November 19, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Nov 19, 2013
Hi Matt
I am so glad the house worked out for you. Please come back and visit anytime.
Boston
Reviewed November 18, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Nov 18, 2013
Hi Billy
I am glad you had a great stay. Please come back and visit anytime.
Frank
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing