“Very informative”

Zimmer Children's Museum
Ranked #246 of 547 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: The Zimmer Children’s Museum is a non-profit cultural institution located on Museum Row in Los Angeles, and features hands-on exhibits for children 0-8 to explore big ideas in creative and inspiring settings. The Zimmer is also the only museum dedicated specifically to kids and families in Los Angeles.
Fairfield, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very informative”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had wanted to go to this museum for many years. I finally had a chance and went this month (October 2012). The parking is underground and a security guard has you open the back of the car (we had a SUV) before you are allowed in to park. The parking is free. The museum is not. It was $15.50 per person to get in. You also have to pass through security again and they open and inspected our handbag as well as had us unzip our cosmetic cases. The day we were there there were two Holocaust survivors speaking. We did not stay for the talk by the survivors. We toured museum only. There is a part were you enter through two doors at a specific time and then follow around through various exhibits which were either animated, had videos or photos. My only complaint was there was no sort of direction on what we were to do or where to go. Some exhibits were dark and "came to life" after waiting around awhile. There were plenty of opportunity to sit down (always appreciated in a museum). What we did see was very moving and extraordinarily emotional. Although I thought I knew quite about about this time period I was amazed by how much more there was to this period in history. I would recommend this tour as part of visiting L.A.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Sadie4me

Thousand Oaks, CA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Just right for Pre-School age”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Went to museum with two (almost) 3 year olds, and they loved it.
There are at least 12 hands-on exhibits downstairs in a loop, and a few upstairs including an airplane fuselage that they love to sit in and 'fly'
2 of the favorites downstairs were the water tables, and the rubber raft that sits on a few feet of 'water' (plastic balls) that they can jump into and try to cover themselves with.
Some fire department and nasa costumes were fun for them to wear, too.
We had to have spent at least 2 hours here, but it might have been more.
I just know that the kids were engaged at each exhibit and had to be coaxed/prodded to leave what they were playing with and move to the next thing.
While certainly NOT an adult mind stimulating museum, if you are able to think and play on level with your kids, it's a decent way to pass some time.

Visited July 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The place turned out to be smaller than I anticipated. However, it is fun with great educational things for the kids. I was visiting from out of town so it would have helped if they had a cafeteria or somewhere for us to purchase snacks from. They have vistors leave the stroller upstairs right at the front desk - I did not like that because all the strollers were really crammed right at the front desk and where the staff offices are and I just prefer to have the stroller with me. Also, I came from Santa Monica so it was $40 taxi fare each way - certainly not worth that kind of money but if you are in the area or already have a car rental then you should plan on a 2 hour visit.

Visited December 2011