“Singing chef! A nice change of pace”
Review of Swiss Chef USA

Swiss Chef USA
Ranked #3,342 of 10,254 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Woodman Avenue
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Good food, good service and very quirky atmosphere. We will be back. Give it a try! Not a very upscale neighborhood, but worth a try. We had good food and fun!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have a little soft spot for the Swiss chef as the food is consistent, well seasoned and satisfying for anyone looking to enjoy some good Germanic plates. The portions are generous, served in timely fashion with a helpful staff. Of course you can try all the different local beers and the chef will come to your table to make sure you are happy with his work. The vegetables are deliciously prepared, meats are cooked to perfection and the desserts are true to that region of Europe. One of the last few German locals standing in Los Angeles, it is a nostalgic experience that attracts a lot of exiled Europeans, young and old. A true testament to its authenticity. Come hungry!

2  Thank SylvieMS
Reviewed September 13, 2013

1st, Thanks David for hanging with me at the bar and give George a shout for me. I travel a lot and this was right up there in the top 5. I'll be back if I am anywhere close in the future. The beer was great. The food was great (I had the Rouladen). Get the Apple strudel if you have room for dessert. I could only handle 2 bites but glad for the experience. The chef came out to say hi and it was a very nice touch! I here he sings when they do music night! LOL

2  Thank Brian A
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We came upon this restaurant by chance while looking for a different one. Since I have spent time in Switzerland I couldn't resist going in and looking at the menu. The place is decorated very nicely with Swiss flags from the different cantons (counties) and Chef Uli is there to greet you personally. The menu has lots of sausages, spatzle and fladle (sp?) soup, all of which bring back lots of memories. I had sausage (I forget which one) which comes with delicious sweet cabbage, creamed spinach and I asked them to substitute spatzle for rosti. There was live music, too, by Fritz, Uli sings in different languages wearing different hats and we had a really good time, including the chance to dance.

1  Thank maringfro
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The deeply-experienced chef comes from table to table ensuring that we are enjoying our fantastic meals. I have Swiss background (I'm not related to Yeugli, the Swiss owner), and I can vouch for the absolute perfection of the Weinerschnitzel and Rosti. (Weinerschnitzel is breaded veal, not a hot dog!)

A fine restaurant with good operating hours and a professionally-executed meal. Easily worth a long drive to enjoy authentic Swiss food and pampering.

1  Thank StevePacificNW