“Yummy pancakes!”

Ranked #202 of 10,202 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My daughter took me here when visiting her. We shared the chocolate chip pancakes and a side of bacon. The pancakes come in three which is too much food. They need to add an ala cart for the pancakes so you can order just one! We went on a Monday so there was no wait. The parking was non-existent even though the place was empty. We had to park around the corner. I wonder where everyone parks when the place is full??? Anyways friendly staff and prompt service!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Delicious breakfast! Better that IHOP and Waffle House. The pancakes were the best we had in Los Angeles.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This place is delicious, call ahead for a reservation or you will be waiting at least 20 minutes (on a regular day). Weekends are a mad house, but if you're not in a rush it is worth it. They don't do take out here on weekends, so beware if you want to eat you're going to have to hang in. The pancakes are a must, but if you're more health-conscious they have omelets. The place is usually packed with USC students on weekends.

1  Thank Eroberts15
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My cousin, who lives by (and recently graduated from) USC took me here for brunch the day after I went on my campus visit to UCLA (so, we have a friendly rivalry in this family!). Although I have been eating mostly vegan for the last few months, I was not opposed to enjoying some omelettes and pancakes! We went in around 12:30 p.m. and were seated right away. Although the waitstaff are cute LA hipsters, our waiter and the hostess were friendly, attentive, and efficient. I got a very good cup of coffee, a "My Big Fat Greek" omelette (with feta, kalamata olives, spinach, and tomatoes), which came with nicely seasoned fried breakfast potatoes. My cuz admitted that although the more exotic pancakes are enticing, the regular ol' buckwheat pancakes were really what he was craving. I tried a bite of his, and I have to concur that they were perfect. I think the next time I head here, I will try the DaKine French toast (that would be Hawaiian sweetbread French toast, topped with vanilla butter), or perhaps the Hula Girl Pancakes (pancakes with pineapple puree, toasted coconut, and brown sugar), or maybe the banana and walnut pancakes, or the thin pancakes with seasonal fruit... mmmm, I do love pancakes! If you do, too, give this place a shot. They also have quite good coffee, a nice sunny interior, and a laid-back vibe that does not force you to wolf down your 'cakes or omelettes so they can get more people in.

1  Thank guigne01
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Jacks N Joe prides itself on their pancakes and coffee, and they definitely do not disappoint. Keeping it simple, stack of pancakes and coffee, definitely live up to the billing.

Moving on to their creative side, WTF Pancakes, Banana Pancakes, DaKine French Toast, Mowie Wowie Omelette(Portugese Sausage and SPAM!), are all out of this world.

Plain and simple, hearty and tasty meals.

The bummer, parking is atrocious, and the wait can run up to an hour or more.

The message, if the parking and wait are reasonable, then definitely worth a visit.

2  Thank fmationg