“Very nice hotel, okay location”

Mr. C Beverly Hills
Ranked #61 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Our stay at Mr. C. Beverly Hills was a combination of great hotel, less than great location. If you are going to be driving everywhere, then this is a great place to be, but it is not a great place to go walking around. I like to get up early and stroll through Beverly Hills to select a great coffee shop and then return with coffee to wake my husband up. Our coffee would have been cold if I had walked the several blocks and returned, although it would have been good exercise.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear HappyKR,
Thank you for your review. Great to hear that you've enjoyed your overall stay with us and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Unfortunately I have to review the Mr. C quite harshly. We just returned from a two week road trip in California and despite the Mr. C being the most expensive hotel we received the worst service here.

I will start by saying that I love the style and decor of the hotel. The website did a great job of showing off the hotel and it is accurate. We had a Premium Beverly Hills View King which meant we had a nice high floor and amazing views. The other comments here are correct, pay for a Beverly Hills view. The balcony is just superb and we had good weather even in January.

However, I do have a list of issues with our stay. The much lauded welcome drinks never turned up on our first night despite the check in lady offering to send them to our room. On our second night we requested them again to be sent to the room and again they did not turn up. After 40 minutes I went to reception to complain and they finally turned up 10 minutes later. On the third day we did not receive housekeeping AT ALL. Nothing. We had to call down to reception to get the room cleaned and went to the bar for a drink while this was being done. We weren't offered complimentary drinks during this time and one glass of wine and an orange juice is $30.

When you check in you fill in a sheet asking for your preferences on things like newspaper, time for housekeeping, type of pillow etc. I requested a hypo allergenic pillow when we checked in, which was one of the pillow choices available and it took them over an hour to find one. Just one single pillow in the whole hotel. They actually called the room to tell me they had sent people to look through the unoccupied rooms to try to find one for me. If you are asking guests what pillow they want when they check in then you should probably have a decent stock of all those pillows.

Final issue was housekeeping, there was a small wet piece of tissue in the corner of the shower when we checked in. This remained there for three days! It was only cleaned when we had to complain that we had received no housekeeping on day three and only then did they notice it and clean it.

All of those above comments and observations are not from an overly picky person. I do understand that occasionally things get forgotten by hotel staff. But not so many things during one stay and not in a 5 star place like this. We hadn't booked a cheap room, we hadn't gone through Priceline or Hotwire so there are NO excuses here for shoddy service. We left with no doubt that this was not a 5 star hotel. It certainly wants to be and there are aspects such as the brilliant valet team that make you think this could be a 5 star hotel. But it most certainly does not operate like a 5 star place currently and we were severely disappointed with the stay overall.

Final note, the front of house manager did address some of these issues upon checkout and was sincere and apologetic and I thank him for that. But I still have to share my experience with TripAdvisor.

Room Tip: The Beverly Hills view rooms are almost certainly worth the extra cost. The views are incredible and...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Richard H

Dear Richard H,
We thank you for choosing to stay at Mr. C and I apologise for the issues you've encountered during your visit. We take your comments very serious as we strive to provide all of our guests with a true Mr. C exeperience. We hope that you will give us another try in the future for a much better stay.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Fantastic lobby, cozy, superb decor and great staff, Tyler (bar manager) was a great host, always making sure we were taken care of and attentive, we loved happy hour, reasonable prices and not packed like in other properties in LA, Kris in FO was always keen to help and gave us a wonderful tour of the property, overall the service was tip top, and we rarely experience this! (keep up the low profile of the hotel, it is working like a charm!)

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the Hills, it might be a tad more expensive but its worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Daniel G,
Glad to hear that your experience at Mr. C was over the top! I'll make sure to pass on your commendation to Kris and our bar manager.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Even though I travel extensively I have only written one review,maybe I should do more,but I feel compelled to write something when there is something worthwhile to say.
I stayed at mr c,as well as Beverly whiltshire over a business trip lasting 8 days,here are my key points..
1. The service in mr c,is world class. From the cleaners to the porters to the reception staff,everyone seems to genuinely enjoy what they are doing,.........serving you.
2. The hotel is chic cool but has an air of urban tranquility where you feel relaxed from the moment you enter. I draw a slight contrast with the cauldron in the whiltshire,although that may have been due to the Miami heat basketball team arriving the day I checked in.
3. The rooms are brilliantly designed and feel very spacious,bright and airy.
4. For a major bonus ,I walked to the back of the hotel crossed the road and 300 yards down is one of the oldest and most famous delis in LA. Check out the sporting memorabilia and then enjoy the fantastic food.
5. One example,I watched mark the barman, serve two new arriving guests their welcoming drinks,engage in meaningful dialogue,while having a discussion with me whether the celtics would cover the spread vs. Milwaukee.
6.live jazz fri and sat that would rival Ronnie Scott's headline acts.

The only downside I could see was that the pool was quite small. It's very comfortable and well designed but not sure how it would cope in the summer.

This is a great hotel,the management know what they are doing

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank dannyfc

Dear dannyfc,
We truly appreciate your review of Mr. C and I'm delighted to hear that you've had an outstanding stay with us. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope you'll stay with us in once again.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Back home in our Home away from Home at Mr C !

The most requested suite at Mr C seems to be the one facing the South West . Full view of Long Beach, Palos Verdes, LAx and Santa monica + the free sunset show.

Mr C is very attentive to the needs and likes of it's returning guest. that alone makes one feel like coming back home. Nothing seems to be impossible as for requests while booking (Thank you Kim at the sales office for that !).

A quick kudos also to James, the Bellman on duty for the assistance to move our effect to the desired room and so in no time and great attention that everything was transferred !

Looking forward to our extended stay there.

We have also found the services of Budget of Beverly Hills to be among the most efficient to have a car brought to the hotel ( and picked up on the last day. Time is money when you travel ! Who wants to waste time at a car rental counter at an airport !

Book early during the awards season, the show business people seem to have passed the word along about Mr C !

Room Tip: South West corner rooms are the best !
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear meherio,
We're excited to learn of your great stay at Mr. C. I will make sure to pass on your commendations to our staff and we're looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Mr C Beverly Hills and found it to be delightful. The room was quaint and inviting. I absolutely loved the sliding door to the outdoor sitting area, which allowed me to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. I very much enjoyed the cocktails they served in the warm and stylish lobby and bar. As far as the location, I actually enjoyed the hotel's location being on the outskirts of BH's.
One small bone I had was with the spa. They forgot to deliver a gift certificate for a surprise birthday massage for my mom. That was a bummer. However, my mom shared that the massage itself was one of the best she's had. Overall, my experience was excellent. When given the chance, I would def stay at Mr C's Beverly Hills again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the back side of the hotel to get the scenery!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Liz K

Dear Liz K,
Thank you for your time in reviewing your experience at Mr. C. I'm glad to hear that your overall stay was excellent and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I usually stay in Santa Monica when I go to LA.
For some reasons I tried Mr C in november.
Good hotel, brand new, spacious rooms and balconies, interesting design, good location, nice stay.

I would go back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Fedeati,
We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear that you've enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you next time you're in Los Angeles.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Central L.A
SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
West Hollywood
The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills

Been to Mr. C Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!