“VERY DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE”

Mr. C Beverly Hills
Ranked #45 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
“VERY DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Firstly check-in is 3:00pm, had to wait till 4:00pm before the room was ready. Checked out of the hotel and realized that I left my iPad in the room. 20 minutes had elapsed. Went back to the room, sheets were stripped off the bed and the iPad was missing. Hotel's response was 'well we can't prove that you actually had an iPad when you checked in.' They were rude and basically did nothing to help. Never again. There are so many great hotels in Beverly Hills, this is not one of them.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Travel40yo
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Travel40yo,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm truly sorry to hear that you haven't received the attention needed regarding your claim. I am surprised to read your comments as any concerns of such matter are handled with utmost care by our team members. When our guests leave items behind they are immediately turned in to our Lost and Found department. Each item small or big is carefully managed by our Lost and Found director and we're treating it with the utmost care. Our team members received intensive training on how to proceed with any item found in our hotel. Please contact our Director of Security for further conversation. I hope that besides this incident, you've enjoyed staying at Mr. C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed 2 nights and it was overall very enjoyable .
Checking in was slightly unorganised we were told to wait but no one came so we went and checked in at reception. We did get a comp mimosa which was lovely but served in a tiny beaker type glass.
We requested a double double room as we were a couple with a teenager but were checked into a king bed room. We got a roll away bed brought for our son which was ok but for the cost of the room not great .
We had a rear facing room which had a great view. The room was quite large with a very comfy bed and marble bathroom. No coffee making facilities in the room which was unusual . Well stocked mini bar tho. We ate room service one night which was average. The most disappointing thing about this hotel is breakfast. Very pretentious , small portions, very expensive. I'd eat out if I were you. The food was edible but compared to other 5 star hotels not great. The restaurant staff weren't particularly friendly and they overcharged us. Which we noticed and had corrected.
The outstanding service in this hotel is the valet. It's pricey but the guys were so friendly , I helpful and one guy in particular gave us great tips. Always ready with our car and comp water. It's a lovely boutique hotel with a relaxed vibe but the restaurant staff could be friendlier and they need a buffet breakfast for added value. The orange juice is $8 a glass be warned !

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Monkeylover1,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad to hear that overall you've enjoyed your stay with us, and I'm sorry that we couldn't exceed your expectations. We're striving to provide our guests with a lovely and memorable experience and I do hope that you will give us another chance in the future to make up for the things that didn't happen during this particular stay.
Casablanca, Morocco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I am not an easy judge and don't throw compliments like that, but if I could seriously rank it a 6 star, I would. I have been to many high standards places, 5* hotels, especially in Dubai, but this one ranked first on so many levels.The place is quiet, chic, and discreet. It is perfect. The design of every space is flawless. I loved the sober contemporary feel. I fell in love with the leather touch in the rooms, the fantastic view, the quiet environment, the incredible bathroom and the quality of amenities, the chauffeur service to Rodeo Drive, the long walks in the amazing neighborhood, the courtesy and professionalism of the staff. I could go on and on! I can't wait to go back. It was a Fabuloustic experience!

Room Tip: you seriously can't go wrong
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Mya676
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Mya676,
We are thrilled to know of your commendations regarding your stay with us! I'm glad to hear that Mr. C ranked "first on many levels" and we hope to welcome you back next time you're in Los Angeles.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I had never been there, my boyfirend took me on surprise and i loved it, the service was amazing, the food delicious, the rooms extremely clean! And the best part of all the belini!!! Mmm yummie it was delicious i loved it cant wait to go back!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ronwarman
Dear Ronwarman,
We're happy to hear that your boyfriend's surprise lived up to a great stay! We look forward to welcome you once again.
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have always stayed at the more well-known hotels in Beverly Hills but decided to try Mr. C due to its rave reviews. I was not disappointed. With the perfect mix of American and European flair, the service was excellent and the decor was amazing. Removed from the hustle and bustle, it was the perfect location for a quiet and peaceful getaway while still close enough to everything that I was able to get all of my errands completed without any trouble. I will be returning very soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeuneours
Dear Jeuneours,
What a great review! Thank you for your time in sharing your thoughts with us and glad to hear you've enjoyed your stay. We're looking forward to welcome you back!
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

European in atmosphere, American in service, this is a lovely spot.

Near lots of Jewish amenities- which suited me well and close to the deli for the 7am breakfast!

Rooms are excellent and there was an undoubted boutique feel. Stay slightly tarnished to find that the hotel had charged me for my room on my credit card after getting home, when I had previously paid in advance!

The hotel is a cultivated corner amongst the falsity of LA.

Mr and Mrs Smith would approve.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank OLPOL
Dear OLPOL,
Glad to hear that you've found Mr. C a "cultivated corner!" My apologies for the mishap regarding the billing issue. In hopes that we will see you next time when you're in L.A. we thank you for choosing Mr. C.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We booked this hotel through hotwire. We booked 2 rooms and one got upgraded, so we could check out 2 different categories.

Hotel is great for couples, attention to details at the highest standards. Not sure I would reccomend it for families though....

Great view over LA.

Only cons: we could not check out the pool since an event was taking place (we only stayed one night) and the valet parking was extremely expensive (but man, its LA).

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marina M
Dear Marina M,
Thank you for your time in providing us with your valuable feedback. I'm glad to hear that overall you've enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
The London West Hollywood
The London West Hollywood
#3 of 18 in West Hollywood
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,603 reviews

Been to Mr. C Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!