“Mr. C is top notch!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 342 Hotels in Los Angeles
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Mr. C is top notch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We recently stayed a few nights at Mr. C in Beverly Hills and wow! This place is top notch all the way! The hotel is beautiful with all the best amenities. The staff was the best I've ever experienced and ready to help and cater to our needs at all times. Special thanks to concierge Cosmin who helped us plan our dinners, activities and showed us all the best places to visit! 5 stars, I can't recommend this place enough and we will be back asap!

• 5 of 5 stars
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Travis P,
Thank you for your nice review! We're delighted to know you've enjoyed Mr.C Beverly Hills and appreciate your time in sharing your feedback with us. I will let Cosmin know of your commendations. Looking forward to welcome you back next time you're in L.A.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have to say I've stayed in some of the best hotels around the world and Mr C is without a doubt one of the nicest I've had the pleasure of staying in.

The entire experience was slick, well run and amazingly enjoyable. Everything from the valet through to the bar staff was faultless. Cosmo (the concierge) was brilliant, Tyler (the barman) incredible and Angel (the house driver - which is free within a 3 mile radius) was amazing.

Amazing service. Amazing location. I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear caffeinehit,
Great to hear that you've enjoyed your stay with us! I will make sure that our team members will read your comments, and we are glad to know that you discovered Mr.C.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was looking forward to a multi night stay at Mr. C after being unable to secure a reservation at other area hotels in Beverly Hills. Reviews I read beforehand were very good but I felt they did not live up to expectations. Pros and cons below:

Pros:
* Great location in Beverly Hills, terrific restaurants and shopping nearby on Beverly Drive
* Easier access to major roads as hotel is off of Pico, more convenient than Beverly Wilshire location
* Fast easy and friendly check in with courtesy Bellini
* Nice room with newer furniture and excellent balcony (albeit a view of the Ralph's across the street)
* Very good high speed Internet
* Comfortable bed
* Excellent food

Cons
* Attention to detail was lacking throughout my stay
* Cleaning staff repeatedly knocking on my door at 9pm, although I requested much earlier cleaning and turndown. Persisted several nights after 9pm until I called the front desk, after several annoyances
* Room service forgot utensils needed for some dishes, drinks were served in spotty glasses
* Bathroom was tiny, no bathtub, small shower, very crowded
* Staff and downstairs restaurant were distracted and inattentive. Received wrong course for a main dish, server error. I was in no hurry but did not plan on spending so much time at the restaurant. Once the right order was received, it was excellent
* Door to my room did not fit its frame. Whenever the air pressure on the floor or room would change, the door would slightly open and close which made quite a racket throughout my stay. Kind of like having a ghost in your room. This was a first for me as a business traveler.

All in all, the property at Mr C is very nice. But the service could generally be far better. Lots of style but lacking in substance. I would give this hotel another try if other Beverly Hills options are not available. But Mr C would not be my first choice.

• 2 of 5 stars
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Hot_Squanto,
I'd like to thank you for choosing to stay at Mr.C Beverly Hills. I appreciate you taking the time in providing us with the good and bad, and I truly apologise for the issues you've encountered during your stay. We take this feedback very serious and rest assured that along with our management team we will address each concern. In hopes that you will consider staying with us for a better experience, I wish you all the best.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Mr C. is a newer property with a sleek and modern look and feel to it and as expected with most 5 star properties in the City of Angels the service was great.

The rooms were also quite nice, but did not leave me with the feeling like it was one of the nicest in LA (as was the case with some of the other properties I have stayed at). Small examples include the room size, bathroom size or the TV. Don't get me wrong, none of these are major flaws, at the risk of sounding a bit snooty, they lacked a wow factor.

Location is minutes away from the main areas of Beverly Hills, but unfortunately not really walking distance unless you don't mind extended walks.

Overall a very nice hotel I would recommend if you are not looking to go OVERBOARD on accommodation expense on your trip.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Mohamed S
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear WonderingSomewhere,
I'm glad to hear that your overall stay at Mr. C went well and we appreciate your time in providing us with your feedback. We hope to see you again!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Gorgeous, high quality outfitting throughout. Very 1940's Southern California feel in natural stone, woods and shades of pink. Spacious, comfortable room with stunning marble bathroom--I've never had a rain shower head dump so much water on me in so short a time!

Fine service, in an LA sort of casual/non-professional way. Paid a quarter of a thousand on Hotwire and another fifty for taxes. Bellinis at check in is a nice touch, but maybe a little pretentious.

Location is, IMHO, poor. It's a rehabbed Holiday Inn or something like that. Pico is busy and there are strip malls across the street. For me, staying in a nice hotel is also about staying in a nice neighborhood. I wouldn't stay here again.

I give four stars rather than five for two reasons. First, no in-room coffee/tea; it's only available from 6-7 in the lobby and thereafter it's a purchase in the over-priced restaurant. I hiked a block down Pico for my double latte and bran muffin at CBTL.

Second, dinner in the restaurant was expensive and a notch above mediocre. There were glimmers of stardom (the dessert) but the rest was just fine and over-priced for the quality (a common theme, I'm finding, in this part of town). I'm certain that the New York venue would never get away with serving the lukewarm, oily Veal Milanese I was given. I would not eat here again.

Dear timopdx,
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for giving Mr.C a try. I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed the looks of our hotel and sorry to hear that the location didn't work out for you. I hope you will consider giving us another chance and may I suggest booking a room with a Beverly Hills view. I think you will enjoy it.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Where to start. Check in took forever! Really, forever. They only reason I survived was the complimentary Bellini you get when you come in. My room wasn't ready so I went out shopping and came at the time my room should have been ready. It wasn't. So more waiting. Reception staff are absolutely useless and take ages to complete one task. The rooms are beautiful but the bathrooms way too tiny and teh ameneties are not that nice either. It took me ages to find out how the lights work which I really hate when I'm in a hotel. It should be the easiest thing to figure out. Nobody helped with luggage, no rooming or explenation of outlet opening times etc. I bet the receptionist was a trainee or something. There is so much staff running around the hotel all the time but it seems like nobody really knows what they are doing. Upon check out, my bill was incorrect and top it all off they charged my credit card althouigh I paid cash and left $900 deposit when I checked in. Not going to stay here again unless I have to.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear HotelsAreMyWorld,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Mr.C. Beverly Hills. I only wish that your experience was a much better one. I was surprised to read the many issues you've encountered which are atypical for our hotel and I'd like to offer my heartfelt apologies for your experience. As we strive for stellar service to each and every one of our guests, I hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future so we can restore your faith in the service that our hotel is truly known for.
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Pros:

Nice location in a leafy residential part of Beverly Hills
Beautiful furniture
Very attentive staff
Free bottles of Evian whenever you get your car from the valet
Free wi-fi
Comfortable bed

Cons:

No bathtubs in any of the rooms except the suites. This was a huge con for me, in fact had I known it in advance I never would have booked this hotel.
No blackout curtains - my room was east - facing and from 6:30am onward the room was filled with blinding light even with the curtains closed. I tried to sleep with the pillow on my head. That didn't work. Bring an eye mask.
Valet parking expensive as hell - around $35 a day
Drinks in the bar expensive too and served in the smallest glasses I have ever seen

Bottom line: I go to a hotel for luxury and comfort. I like to take a bath, read a magazine, and then get a really amazing night of sleep. I couldn't do any of the above in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dgelbard
Cristian R, Front Office Manager at Mr. C Beverly Hills, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear dgelbard,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm truly sorry to hear that your stay with us was not what you've expected. I am however thankful for making a note of our attentive staff as we strive to provide our guests with stellar service. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future, and please don't hesitate to contact me directly as I wish to assist in ensuring your possible stay will restore your expectation in our commitment to provide our guests with a fond experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Loews Hollywood Hotel
Loews Hollywood Hotel
#15 of 342 in Los Angeles
4.5 of 5 stars 2,479 reviews

Been to Mr. C Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!