“Amazing Service”

Ranked #50 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Amazing Service”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

The number one thing that stuck out at me was the amazing service from every single person who worked at the hotel. From the bar tender, to valet, to front desk, they all were on top of their game. I have to say the valet is one of the best I have experienced in town. They were by far the quickest at bringing my car up than any other hotel in the area.

The rooms were nice, nothing amazing but still very nice. The bed was very comfortable, got a good nights sleep every night. The bathroom was good, with a rainfall shower and 2 sinks. There was no bathtub, just a walk in shower. The one thing I did not like was the hardwood floors in the room. You could hear the people above and beside you whenever they walked. It wasn't a huge deal but that would be the only negative about the stay.

A few other random things...The location was great with easy access. There is a grocery store and starbucks across the street so you have everything you need within walking distance. Parking is $35 per day but that is about normal for any hotel in Beverly Hills. The complimentary wifi was a nice bonus though.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Great stay, amazing service, The room that was assigned to us wasn't ready upon arrival (we arrived late morning), so Richard found us another room immediately. Merci Richard, et bonne continuation! The service was always good, when ordering room service, or just calling a cab, offering us water for the road. Coffee was very expensive (7$ for a small cup of cappuccino that wasn't that great), so we walked down the road for breakfast the next day. I would recommand this hotel anytime! The room was big, comfortable, we were near the elevator but didn't hear a thing! Great balcony.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KAOSMUA
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We arrived to the hotel late and after 24 hours of travelling were too tired to get dressed up and head to the restaurant. So we showered and then ordered room service. It was amazing, when it arrived two waiters brought this large round table into our room, with the heated trolley under the crisp white table-cloth. They served us dinner the way they would in the restaurant (having been to the London branch many times). It was funny for us, sitting there in a bath-robes, perching on the end of the bed, eating this 'posh' meal!

We slept so well and woke up early the next morning to see the sunrise over LA. We took the lift to the top floor and went out on the balcony. It was beautiful.

We had to depart early the next morning, but I was keen to see the pool, it hadn't been opened yet, but the staff where happy to open it up early for us to have a look.

I really enjoyed our short stay there and hope to return again for longer.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PurdieParks
coronado
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed at Mr. C in October, and gave it 5 stars despite some oddities; the overall ambiance and service made up for those oddities. Although our January visit had fewer oddities, the service and ambiance were not quite as European. Instead of immediately offering the on-arrival complimentary bellini, the greeter offered us tea or coffee; only when we looked baffled did he offer the bellini.

Mr C is a European style hotel, with the pros and cons associated with this. Cons: very high prices for such things as drinks and coffee; showers but no tubs; no icemakers--it is necessary to call room service; no in-room coffee makers.Pros: the aforementioned ambiance and service; newspapers delivered on the door handle in little cloth bags.

The rooms at Mr C are spacious and lovely, furnished in either white or brown leather (I prefer the white). On our first stay I asked for a quiet room far from the elevator, and I got a noisy room right near the elevator with several other sources of noise--the outside entrance below, the moving of furniture above, and the people next door. This time I got a room that, although still next to the elevator, was quiet. Again, except for the people above--we could hear them pee, flush, and walk around. The stylish wood floors in the rooms are not insulated enough against upstairs noise.

We ate at the restaurant both times. The first time we were very impressed with both the food and the drink, although they tried (as always seems to happen to me) to seat us right next to the service station. This time they succeeded in seating us right next to the service station; when I complained about the rattling of cutlery and asked to move, the waiter (who was very pleasant) assured us the noise would stop. It didn't, nor did the constant movement of people back and forth around and behind us. There was no need to seat us in this spot, the restaurant was about one third full.

We had several dishes ranging from exellent (the proscuttio cotta with mozarella) to Chef Boy-Ar-Dee (the pasta with red sauce and sausage; I would stay away from anything with red sauce in Mr. C). The white cake and sorbets were awesome. The glasses of wine were ridiculously small, and thus incredibly overpriced.

Also overpriced: the parking, at $35 a day.

If I could only rid myself of my travel jinxes, which follow me absolutely everywhere I go: being seated at the table next to the service station, and being assigned a room next to the elevator and ice maker (that is, in hotels that have an icemaker).

Although Mr. C says it is in Beverly Hills, it is not, it is adjacent. There is a handy Ralph's across the road, but not much else. The shops and boutiques of Rodeo Drive are quite a few blocks away.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better. Men would probably like the brown leather rooms, women would proba...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CoronadoCarol
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We loved staying at Mr C! The staff was wonderful, and they went out of their way to be helpful. Room was very comfortable and very nicely decorated. Balcony allowed us a very nice view of the Hollywood sign. There was an event at the hotel one night which was great for people watching. Hotel has a driver and car to take you anywhere within two mile radius. It's not available to reserve, though, and so sometimes it wasn't clear who was actually waiting first for the car. The head bellman could have done a little bit better on this. We will return to Mr C next time we are in Los Angeles.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank BUbear81
A Citizen of the Globe
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Staying at Mr. C's was a very refreshng reminder of what impeccable execution and attention to detail can do.

I selected Mr. C's at the recommendation of a friend, who is a regular n the Beverly Hills area. After looking a the past reviews and the hotel's website I decided to book a premium Beverly Hills view room on a high floor.

Before arriving, I received an email from the hotel's concierge, offering assistance with airport transportation and other arrival details. I have to say that the concierges at Mr. C's are among the best I've ever interacted with. Not only are they very corteous and professional, but they are well connected, experienced and effective. They fond the perfect solutions every time, from renting a Fiat 500 to getting me on the guest list of a popular night spot. A big recognition to Solomon in the concierge desk!

The valets and doormen are equally effective and very elegantly appointed in non-ostentatious but classic Barbour jackets.

The hotel lobby takes you straight into the main bar, where I was treated to fantastic bellinis. So good that I went up to my room after 45 minutes of arriving!

The bar and lobby scene is relaxed, refined and dressed up in an Italian/bauhaus design mix, with the friendliest bar servers that you can imagine. There is an outdoors terrace on the bar, which is perfect for an ever more intimate experience.

The hotel's reception is cleverly hidden behind the bar, so that at no moment do yo feel in a hotel. I always felt as if arriving to a friend's apartment. Very cozy and welcoming!

I used the hotel's gym several times and it is very well equipped with cardio and weights although it is on the smaller side and I could see it crowding up on peak seasons.

The hotel's pool is next to the restaurant! which makes the entrance a bit intimidatng at lunch time, however, it is ver cutely arranged and I would really like to come back in the summer heat to dip in and enjoy more bellinis there.

My room had a striking view to Beverly Hills and Hollywood. I slept with the drapes open as it was impossible not to fall in love with the sight. Very quiet day and night, although I can imagine that rooms facing the city side on West Pico Ave. must be noisier. The rooms are all very elegantly decorated in a matching blend of French riviera, sea-side villa and Italian country side. You experience wood, leather, pastels and rich fabrics. Very complete mini-bar (including intimacy and healing kits!), iPod compatible stereo, flat screen on-demand TV with movies and very fast and free wi-fi everywhere. My room had a small terrace that I used for breakfast and after work drinks. Fantastic!! I could live here!!

The restaurant was the best part of my stay. Although not as popular as I would have expected for a Cipriani property, the service, quality and value are truly remarkable. I felt as if dining in a high end place in Rome. Truly, something else! from the proseco to the slow roasted chicken, I very much enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner at Mr. C.

All in all, Mr. C's is an excellent representation of a luxury boutique hotel. It is discreet, elegant and powerful. Just what I like!

I will surely be back!

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Ultraplur
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed January 19, 2012

One of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. Welcoming staff, immacutely clean room, beautiful, comfortable, great location, great view, great food. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Call rather than booking online.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to Mr. C Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!