“loved it!”

Ranked #51 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
long islland, ny
“loved it!”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

hotel was really nice, great location (Pico- Beverly Hills), service was top notch, concierge was so helpful, decor was beautiful and very clean, only bad thing i can think of was how tiny the pool was. However, I would definitely return. Great hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Very good hotel, in a very good location near Rodeo Drive. From the 13th floor (which the breakfast is served you can see the hollywood sign and from the top the beverly hills).
it's near Hollywood by car and also near to Shopping malls.
The room is very good, has enough space, big balkony's and it is very clean.
I have visited LA twice and both times i have stayed in the same hotel.
Value for money location and hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
San Rafael, California
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We tried the new Mr. C in Beverly HIlls and were greeted with a lovely valet when we drove up. However, the front desk really needs some more training. We had to wait for our room to be ready at 5:00 pm!!! That was an alarm raiser. Why would we have to wait at that hour?
Really weird. Our room was very nice but here is the BIG QUESTION??
WHY WOULD ANYONE PUT WHITE LEATHER COVERING OVER A DRESSER AND BED TABLES? This is a disaster waiting to happen. Forget having red wine by your bedside.
Also, the poor housekeeper finally made it to our room to clean around 5:00pm the next day which totally explained why we had to wait the preceding to day to get into our room. She explained she is the only one working the entire floor. Whew!
Other than the above, the hotel is nicely appointed - white leather aside - and they just opened. Sooooo, let's hope they can smooth out those rough edges. I would return just to see that but I would definitely ask for a room on the NORTH side so as not to be on the Pico side of the hotel.

Room Tip: north side
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank blaroo12
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My name is Ashley Ross :) And we stayed @ Mr. C Hotel on the 26th of July for one night and I have already booked to come back in a week (8/20) I just want to start out by saying this hotel is definitely 5 STAR! My bf and I stayed here in hopes to find our future home in LA. From the moment I got out of the car I felt extremely welcomed. I have never felt as great as I did walking into the hotel. The Valet/ Doormen escorted us into the Hotel and straight to the bar for a complimentary Bellini The wonderful lady who checked us in was so gracious and genuine. We were told we were getting an uprade to the Studio. We were ecstatic and didn't know what to expect. We ran for the elevator in excitement and found out our room had not one, but two patios. It was an absolutely gorgeous room. We were entranced. I even jumped on the bed. Our bellman was great. He was very genuine and gracious as well. As well as very relatable and we had a good conversation with him. Following that, we went down to check out the pool. We were amazed with the pool. It was beautiful and the perfect size. The server by the pool came by for drinks, but we still had our bellini so we were set. :) After the pool, we went to check out the gym. OH MY GOD! The gym is beautiful. There was no one in there but us so it was like our own personal space. If you need water or ear phones they are provided. The equiment is very state of the art and the latest and greatest. After we were headed to get ready for the evening out in the beautiful restroom. We did not eat at the restaurant but headed for happy hour across the street at the sushi restaurant. ( WHICH YOU MUST TRY! ) We went out that night and came home to the most amazing bed I've ever slept in. I recoomend this hotel for COUPLES or FAMILIES just trying to escape the hustle and bustle of LA. I work at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Las Vegas so I am used to providing 5 star service. This hotel definitely gave us that service. I am very appreciative to the staff and have been recommending this hotel to EVERYONE I can. :) Thank you Mr.C for welcoming us to our new home and not even realizing the impact you've made.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room to get 2 patios :)
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ashleyin702
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I just stayed here for four nights. The good things were the comfortable beds and newly decorated rooms. However, several little things were wrong and I do not think the management are really on top of things. Twice when I ordered a continental breakfast from room service it was delivered with no plate or cutlery, and no butter or jams to go with it. It was brought when I pointed it out, but this really shouldnot happen. On the second day of my visit two strange people opened the door, saying that they had just checked in and had been given that same room number! This too should never happen.
They say they have turndown service, but on two n ights out of the four it was not done.
I did not like the layout of the hotel as the bar and restaurant both open on to the forecourt where the cars are arriving. And in fact the bar was always empty as it is totally lacking in atmosphere and it is not inviting in any way. In order to get to the swimming pool (which did not open until 11 a.m) you have to walk out of the main entrance, past all the cars and in through a side gate. I too had a problem with the door lock, and also with the hot water in the shower, which was difficult to get!
All in all I would say things are going to have to improve a lot if Mr C wants to compete in the luxury sector. There are far better hotels in Beverley Hills than this.

Room Tip: Ask not to be near service staircase - very noisy
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Shihtzufan
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I stayed at Mr C for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were able to check in early and checkout very late which made a huge difference when you have a 15 hour flight home. The pool was small, but very luxurious. The location was quiet and opposite Ralphs supermarket which was really convenient. It's about a 15-20 minute walk to Rodeo drive but we loved the walk through all the posh Beverly Hills streets. The bus to Santa Monica is right out the front and comes every 15 minutes or so. The rooms are very clean and well appointed. The only thing I didn't like about this hotel was the lack of tea/coffee making facilities. Room service is the only option which is a little expensive. The walls are very thin so you can hear what's going on in other rooms. We had a lady next door who walked around in high heels at all hours of the night which kept us awake. Other than that, a great hotel.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Louise_Ed
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We have changed three rooms in three days. We did not get the two dbl beds requested. One of us had to sleep on an uncomfortable roll away. Our keys could not work, the "engineer is unable to fix it". The next day we were sent to another room with a rollaway. The three of us slept in a king bed. Tonight i checked in for the third time into a dbl bed room. Where's my luggage, i don't know. The staff has no idea what they are doing. There's no one over 30 working here. They're playing games on their phone and oh the concierge is gone for this evening. Mr. C needs to come personally and get a seasoned staff for any hope of this hotel to last.

• Stayed July 2011
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to Mr. C Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!