“Amazing Brazilian BBQ”
Review of Pampas Grill

Pampas Grill
Ranked #49 of 10,132 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have eaten at several restaurants throughout the county that offer Brazillian Churruscas and find the quality of meats offered at the Pampas Grill to be of the same quality of the more expensive upscale establishments. When you consider that you can have several verieties of meat during the same meal including tender delicious cuts of steak for around $15 this is a really good deal. Even though the surroundings are not very elegant the farmer's market does provide a fun and casual eating environment. Every time I go to LA I make sure to visit this restaurant even if it means I have to drive out of my way.

1  Thank sbluvsb2001
There are newer reviews for Pampas Grill

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I live just a few blocks away and being Brazilian I can say it is the best one in L.A. Very simple setting [it's located inside the Farmer's Market but the food is authentic and delicious! A must try for locals and visitors!

2  Thank Cátia S
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I decided to follow the crowd and get in line at Pampas for lunch. Definitely the right decision. Melt-in-your-mouth Brazilian BBQ (we sampled the linguica, spicy chicken, garlic chicken and sirloin). Delicious buffet options from salads and fruits to sides like collard greens and fried plantains. I ate everything and wish I had gotten more. A little pricey if you're looking to do the market on a budget (they charge by the pound), but well worth it.

3  Thank Marie F
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The last time I visited the venerable LA Farmers Market (2005 or so) after visiting the Tar Pits, wesettled for Patsy's Pizza and was disappointed. Then I saw the Pampas Grill and vowed that I would go there should I ever return to LA. I got the chance this year. Of the numerous good eateries at the Farmers Market, the longest line of customers was by far at the Pampas Grill. I have eaten at a few Brazillian churruscas and have enjoyed everything about them except the price tag.

Pampas grill works differently. You pay by the pound. Buffet-line only is $8.95/lb. Buffet with fire-roasted meats is $9.95/lb. If you choose a plate of meat only, it's $13.95/lb. I chose the top sirloin, garlic sirloin, chicken&Bacon, and sausage. The meats were all delicious, though I would have preferred them a little rarer. Salad bar entries were so-so, although the cheesy bread is a must. The bottom line is I had a filling meal of fire roasted meats for less than $15. Fogo de Chae woul charge you $60 for a similar portion.

1  Thank Cheesesteak_Al
Reviewed May 24, 2011

When we visited the Los Angeles Farmers Market and were trying to decide where we should eat, the long line of customers waiting for food at the Pampas Grill, gave us our first clue that the food here would be delicious! We have visited Brazil and had the pleasure of eating their barbecue and other wonderful dishes, including little round cheese breads. We were not disappointed at Pampas Grill!!! Customers chose their food from a cold & hot buffet, and then can have the barbecue meat(s) of their choice carved off of the long skewers and added to their plates. Cost is determined by the weight of your plate, just like in some of the restaurants in Brazil. There is a wide variety of food to chose from, everything looks so good it is hard to limit yourself! After you pay for your food, it is possible to find a table to sit at in the market - more tables are located on the 2nd floor. The food is wonderful, cost is reasonable, it is definitely worth the wait!

1  Thank CAThlen