“Great lunch in Hollywood”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jersey Mike's Subs

Jersey Mike's Subs
Ranked #4,125 of 9,888 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Neighborhood: Hollywood
“Great lunch in Hollywood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful fresh subs without any carry on. Clean and good service. Can't fault it. Indoor and outdoor seating. Plenty of options and friendly staff.

Santa Clarita, California
“Jersey Mike's Famous Philly - Really?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We've got bad choices in Santa Clarita, but worse is that we've got 3 Jersey Mike's in our area. I've tried 2 of the locations - Soledad and Bouquet Canyon roads - in the last 2 years thinking to get a Philly cheesesteak sandwich. Yesterday it was the Bouquet Canyon location, but the results were exactly the same now 2 years later. Their website describes their Famous Philly as "Even Philadelphians agree that our cheese steak is as good as it gets. Fresh grilled while you wait – never steamed or microwaved" - wow, what a fabrication. I've included a picture, the the real sandwich to compare to the one in their website - no comparison. I ordered two of them, and while it cost a whopping $26 for two sandwiches and one bag of chips, these weren't even worth $1.50 each.

Compare to the picture on their site (while we know they rarely match, this is way over the top in gross rip offs and considering the price), which had a sandwich full of meat, onions, (slices of) cheese, and veg.

The real sandwich - note that on the pic attached you're looking at the sides that have the knife cuts and no meat or anything else is visible, the so-called meat looks like it was injected into the roll - has "s*** on a shingle" quality chipped beef that's been dredged in some kind of cheese sauce, no slices of cheese, and the quantity is barely enough to make an appearance in the roll. But its not the quantity I primarily take issue with, its the quality. What's shown in the picture is good ingredients found nowhere in the actual product. Completely false.

What a complete rip off. I would expect to find this garbage at Costco for $1.50, but Costco's food is at least good, they wouldn't touch this dredge.

• Visited November 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Couldn't stop eating at this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

First time eating there I went with the cashier's recommendation. All I remember is #9 with provolone cheese instead of swiss, and chipolte mayo instead of regular mayo. I liked it so much I ordered it again on my next vist, and the visit after that... Can't wait for my next visit!

Visited March 2012
Yuma
“They sell Tastykakes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Their sign in the window that they sell Tastykakes got my attention. I am originally from the east coast, and only east-coasters know what they are. This sub shop was right along the route of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Their sign made me really crave Tastykakes, so that's where I decided to grab a bite to eat. I had their chicken parmesan sub, and it was delicious. They have indoor and outdoor seating, which is nice. And Tastykakes! Overpriced, but that is because they have to have them shipped from Philadelphia. I would go to a Jersey Mike's again.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Shannon G
Anaheim, California
“Jersey Mike's has the best sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

The best thing about Jersey Mike's is that you see that your sandwich is the best it can be; from breads baked daily on site, sliced-to-order meats and cheeses (no pre-portioned waxed paper clumps here), and freshly sliced/chopped veggies to top off your sandwich. There is an art to making a sandwich and they have perfected it. The meat, bread, veggie ratio is perfect and don't forget the oil and red wine vinegar to tie it all together.

To read more about the restaurant and view photos, please visit my blog at: http://ocfooddiva.blogspot.com/

• Visited April 2011