“Excellent Food, Atmosphere & Staff”
Review of The Spice Table - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 1st St.
Description: The Spice Table is located in the Little Tokyo neighborhood of Los Angeles and serves Southeast Asian cuisine.
Norcross, Georgia
“Excellent Food, Atmosphere & Staff”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was by far my favorite dinner of our trip. There were 5 of us total and we shared a family style meal. The chefs timed all the dishes perfectly and the food was out of this world. I will definitely be back to this place.

Visited August 2013

Manhattan Beach, California, USA
“Out if the bubble!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This place was out if our bubble if where we live. I'm so glad we went!

The space is very cool with exposed brick and lots of light. Easy parking ($7) next door.

We stated with wine and they have a decent small list. They went for the bone marrow, eggplant and egg dish with coconut toast (fab!). We have never had this kind of cuisine and we were up to try all kinds of new flavors and textures. Like the bone marrow, which was silky and spicy. I might not ever crave it, but so glad it was there to try.

The dish of the night for us was the beef randang... Oh baby what a dish. Beef short ribs over a jasmine curry rice. Just hit all those tastes I love.

It is a little pricy, but about $100 for the two if us with 2 glassess of wine each.

I will go back many times.

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Not as good as all the hype”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We love Asian cuisine so we were really looking forward to southeast Asian cuisine at the Spice Table. Let me be honest...it was 105 degrees in the Valley that day so we were excited to go downtown to escape the heat. Prior to going I had called to make sure they had A/C and was told "yes". What I should have asked is if they had "working A/C"! I have deducted a point because of that as it was really hot and stuffy in the restaurant which does not make for a great dining experience. Let's talk food.The fried cauliflower was crispy but bland even with the side of sauce. The spareribs were great and I wish we had gotten a second order. The Lamb belly satay was fattier than I had expected but flavorful. We ordered the Crab bee hoon which had so much salt you could not taste anything else, and the crab was almost non-existent, a huge disappointment. The Beef Rendang was excellent so we did not walk away hungry. I really enjoyed the beer sampler. This is one of those restaurants I will never need to go to again. "Been there, done that".

• Visited June 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Interesting food. Nice space.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Enjoyed the decor\service\ambiance but wasn't wowed by any of them. Thought the food was great or at the very least a notch above average.

• Visited July 2013
“Exceptional”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Do not miss out on this amazing and different restaurant, we(4) of us ordered 5-6 different dishes, all very unique and unusual, the service was beyond great!!

• Visited May 2013