“Total lack of communication and oblivious guest service relations at Four Points”

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Ranked #119 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
La Jolla, CA
Reviewed June 20, 2006

Although the room was acceptable, the hotel did not honor my computer generated Park Sleep Fly contract and reservation deposit, although I went over it with them on arrival. When I came back 10 days later, I found that they had charged my credit card over $45 more than our agreement stated. The clerk at the desk had a numb look on his face, and although the supevisor assured me that it would be taken care of, and credit charged back, it has been a week of telephone calls. No call backs. The accounting department also has this invisible and cellophane type attitiude, where it sounds like they don't do business with Park Sleep Fly. It's really been like talking to a brick wall. There is a definite language problem.
The customer service at this hotel seems to display an indifferent attitude.
I will have to contact Park, Sleep Fly company, and also contest the charge with the credit card company. What a time waster.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank lizzydoc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 4, 2006

Stayed at the Four Points at the end of May for the DDW Conference. The hotel is nothing memorable or spectacular, but is an acceptable place to stay if you need to be near LAX.

I read on this site that I should request a room in the regular hotel section, and not in the motel portion (room entry from the outside). This was GREAT ADVICE. We had friends that stayed in the Motel portion, and the room quality was not as high there.

Our room was clean, quiet, and tastefully decorated, and the water pressure in the shower was strong. It's not a luxury hotel by any stretch of the imagination, but the Four Points has always been a low end Sheraton chain anyway.

The main restaurant on site had a good breakfast buffet and a decent lunch menu as well. The pool appeared to be an afterthought, shoved next to the check-in area. Parking is $12 a day for hotel guests.

We would stay again if the price was right and we needed easy access to the airport. Otherwise, I can't recommend this hotel as a base of operations for a Los Angeles vacation, as there is nothing convenient in this location besides LAX.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco
Reviewed May 8, 2006

The only redeeming quality here is the carne asada at the restaurant.

This place is run down and in need of room renovation. Room had a musty smell that they tried to cover up with some sort of sickening powdery/floral air freshener. The tile grout in the bathroom reminded me of the bathroom in the dormitory in college - not pretty.

I probably should have asked for a better room but it was late and it looked acceptable upon initial inspection. As mentioned by another reviewer, there probably are some decent rooms here....just make sure you get one, or be prepared to look forward to the check out process.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank clew

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Scandia, Minnesota
Reviewed May 3, 2006

What a clash of extremes. From the outside, the place looked very Soviet-style housing circa 1967. Grim. And the parking deck? Even as a guy you could NOT get me out there after dark. But the public areas and the room were very clean. The room service food was fine. But what I liked? It was QUIET. Because of it's off-Century-Boulevard location, the HUGE hotels along that avenue block out the noise from that runway. I was at one of those properties the week before and by Day Two had come to distinguish the various throttle-up roars of various airliners. I could tell a 737 from an MD-80 from a 757 from a 747.

The internet connection in the room sucked. The cable didn't work. And the wifi SEEMED to work. I could get SOME e-mails but others, in fact the majority of e-mails that I sent, never arrived at their location. They're sitting on a beach in Uruguay having beers with Jim Morrison.

I liked the jazz combo they had playing. Very funky and eclectic. So, if you overlook the exterior, it's not bad. Not great. But for one night? Totally fine.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank Layover
los angeles
Reviewed April 26, 2006

I have written reviews on this hotel before, this is an update, I have always enjoyed the hotel, However I never pay more than $89 I am a SGP gold so maybe I get better rooms, I never have had a problem, the staff are friendly and the room is clean. The internet is free and they have a nice pool. As regard to other who had their credit card charged, I would not think this was a problem (if it happened) as you could easily get it reversed by your bank. I had a smaller pronlem at a hilton so it can happen I guess. This hotel is always good to me , however they do charge to park, so take care on that. But for a clean place to stay its always been nice to me.,

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank Executivetraveller
Atlanta
Reviewed April 15, 2006

WOW, not sure what the fuss was all about. My stay was extremely trouble free and most enjoyable. My reservation s was handled efficiently when I called to book my room. It was exactly as described when I arrived. The bellman who assisted me was very efficient, SHE, was by far a great asssest to the hotel. The check-in was a tad bit slow but once up at the desk the agentwere most helpful and seemed concerned about me. Upon entering the room I could not believe that this was an airport property as the beds were very inviting and made me want to jumpo right in.
I will admit that the hotel is due for an upgrade but other than that, I will definitely stay there again when I am in the LA area.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank Georgiaboy62
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 28, 2006

My husband and I recently stayed at the Four Points "Sheraton" hotel at LAX. We only stayed one night because we were in route to hawaii. I paid for an upgraded ("deluxe") room $169 a night in order to get a king room. Our first hotel room was much worse even though this one was awful, the first room you had to take outside in order to enter into your room... when we went into our room it smelt of disgusting cigerettes and the bath room was horindous. So my husband gets on the phone and asks for another room, they send us to (there nicer wing the east wing) first of all the elevators barely worked and as you are walking to your room through the hall way it smelt dingy and the wallpaper was comming off the wall from all the mold. Then we enter into the room this room is a touch better its a little larger than the first room but it still smelt musty and the bath rooms are horrindous they are sea green in color that had been over years stained yellow-green... gross. I remember getting excited when I read on their website because it says its been renovated and that they had duvee covers and plush beds... yes that was the case but I was seriously worried my entire four hours of sleep that bugs were on us, the sheets weren't clean we found hairs and all kind of nasty stains. I hope you find this helpfull, don't waste your money, don't stay at this hotel "Sheraton"'s name shouldn't be even close to this hotel
MAJOR Disapointment